Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bozolinho

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.5 - Updated 19/07/2010

Post by Bozolinho »

"What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men."

Guns ´N Roses :lol:

Keep up the good work trixmoto, we will be patient!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script is not in a releasable state, sorry.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
HappyWeirdo

Post by HappyWeirdo »

trixmoto wrote:The script is not in a releasable state, sorry.
we will be able to wait! thanks for waisting your time for us! :D
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

trixmoto,
same IE error.
I am patient. Looking forward to 3.6.

Happy New Year!
newuser

Post by newuser »

i have also the same problem with "invalid pointer error, please try running IE and completing the default options."
it would be very nice if you'll fix this bug as soon as possible!

i think that there is no better way for getting album covers than this.

thank you!
Add7ct

Post by Add7ct »

i've been searching for something like this fro YEARS :) Now i've found it and i'm looking forward for the fix :) thanks for trying
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

Sadly, this script is basically worthless at this point. I have 5 different computers and can confirm that none of them will properly run the batch art script because they all get the Internet explorer error. I guess that sounds harsh, I mean it is worthless until the script is fixed or whatever is going on with google is worked around, but I think pretty much anyone who uses this script now cannot use it. All my internet explorers are installed and configured, some are ie7 and some 8. Anyway, hopefully you can post an update soon.

All that being said, this script is absolutely awesome when it works!!!! Hopefully Trixmoto can post an update soon
EnzoGrimaldi

Post by EnzoGrimaldi »

sanjonny wrote:Sadly, this script is basically worthless at this point...I guess that sounds harsh, I mean it is worthless until the script is fixed or whatever is going on with google is worked around, but I think pretty much anyone who uses this script now cannot use it...Anyway, hopefully you can post an update soon.
It has already been established that Trixmoto is aware of the situation and working on a fix.

I'm certain your complaining and insults will inspire him to post a fix immediately. :o
jonp

Post by jonp »

Trixmoto does a lot of the MM community so some patience is called for.

Patience - The ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties.”
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto wrote:By the way, all the sources have been fixed now. Just need to tidy up some bugs
trixmoto wrote:I'm working on showing multiple results at once and made much more progress than on previous attempts. However, it is taking a long time to get this working with all the various options and sources, and to iron out all the bugs - please continue to be patient.
trixmoto wrote:The script is not in a releasable state, sorry.
Still working on it, still making progress, still not ready. Thank you to all those who are being patient.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
RingReaver

Post by RingReaver »

I'm lurking patiently. ~.^

Just a reminder for all who, like me, find this script invaluable for art tagging, don't forget to donate! Even if you can't afford much, it's a great gesture for authors of freeware like this.

Thank you again for your work trixmoto!
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

EnzoGrimaldi wrote:
sanjonny wrote:Sadly, this script is basically worthless at this point...I guess that sounds harsh, I mean it is worthless until the script is fixed or whatever is going on with google is worked around, but I think pretty much anyone who uses this script now cannot use it...Anyway, hopefully you can post an update soon.
It has already been established that Trixmoto is aware of the situation and working on a fix.

I'm certain your complaining and insults will inspire him to post a fix immediately. :o
Um, What complaining and insults? I read thru several pages on this thread and at different points it looks like it was not occuring on his computer and other stuff, if you read the threads, it has different problems showing up. I tested it on several computers and was letting him and/or everyone know that the script in it's current form does not work AT ALL which means it is worthless at this point.

I understand he is working on a fix and all that stuff. You guys might be reading more into it than what is there, but if you want to use this script to add album art to your collection at this point in time, it does not work at all. That is not a insult nor a complaint, it is a statement of fact, and there seems to be no situation where the current downloadable script is working.

I am as patient as anyone else. Remember, I tried it on multiple computers and derivations to see if I could offer any differences or hints to help him fix it sooner.
mjm

Post by mjm »

I think the point people are making, sanjohnny, is that Trix is aware the script doesn't work so saying that it's "worthless" doesn't help anyone and makes you sound kind of dickish. (Before you complain about me calling you names, know that me calling you that is merely a "statement of fact".)

If English isn't your first language or whatever then fine, but I doubt anyone but you reads a sentence like:

"Sadly, this script is basically worthless at this point...I guess that sounds harsh, I mean it is worthless until the script is fixed or whatever is going on with google is worked around, but I think pretty much anyone who uses this script now cannot use it..."

as anything but negative/complaining/insulting.

Hope this helps your understanding of the situation, sanjohnny. May you continue to wait as patiently as anyone else, and also: Happy New Year!

Post by Guest »

please Trix stop this discussions by posting 3.6 :D:D just kidding waiting more patiently than ever :P
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It will actually be version 4.0 and I almost released it last night. However, having got it all working lovely with multiple images, I discovered that it no longer worked in single image mode - hopefully that'll be a quick fix tonight though. I also want to test it on MM4 before releasing.