Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll have to release a new version with some extra debug messaging in this area - I know there's a few people suffering similar messages although I don't think they occur all the time.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
smurphco

Post by smurphco »

First off, thanks for your hard work on this clearly useful and time-saving script.

Unfortunately I too ran into the exact same error detailed a couple of posts earlier. After installing the script and running the proccess, checking which to save etc., I clicked on the "save" button at the bottom and got the error.

If you think it will help, I'll change the debug line and post the log...

cheers,

Steve
TrueJournals

Post by TrueJournals »

I think I've figured out why this is happening (kind of). It seems that the artwork needs to be saved to a file before it reaches this line... however, the file does not exist when I go to look at it. So, it's not downloading the file and spitting out an error when it tries to use the file it just tried to save.
mr.problemo

problemo

Post by mr.problemo »

the script is awesome and works great. BUT, one problem I have is that I have to restart mediamonkey between each use. Without a restart, it is just completely non-responsive when I select it from the menu. Any idea what the problem could be? thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The error is indeed because the file is not downloading - but the actually code that downloads the file is not reporting an error so I don't understand why this is happening (or not!). The next version will have more debugging in this area so that hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

@mr.problemo - the script is designed so that if it's already running, hitting the button again will be ignored. However, closing the form should reset the script so that it can be run again, which works fine for me. Which version are you using? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
mrravello

Error 35752

Post by mrravello »

I have searced through the Forum for previous threads on this but cannot find.

Batch Finder finds ths album art it can but when I press save I get the error message "#35752 URL is malformed"and then nothing more happens and the selected album art does not save.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong or how to correct please
Trevor
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you tell me the exact message? The line number makes it much easier to pinpoint the problem! :)
mrravello

Error 35752

Post by mrravello »

I have been going back through the Forum and read your comments about Active X settings in relation to other errors. On the off chance I have changed my settings and so far, touch wood, I am checking 50 files at a time and for the last 2 hours or so the problem has not re-occured.

Thanks for responding and thanks for a great script.
Trevor
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Excellent news! :)
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

Ok, I thought I should get this thing working since the support is going away for the Google Art Finder script. I had two things happen:

First, I get several albums that show as [No Results] even though the combination of artist/album title would obviously get something (i.e. Third Stage by Boston). If I hit Try Next Result, then I often see a very nice match.

Second, I did a batch of 25 albums... some with images and some that were Skipped. I did the Save and all went well. Then I hit Next. The next page started to load and I could see [Searching] and [No Results] here and there. Then I got this error dialog (but only sometimes, not every time):
Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'data'
File: "C:...BatchArtFinder.vbs", Line: 925, Column: 12

UPDATE: I also notice that sometimes when I edit the SQL query for an album and I enter an 's' in either the Artist or Album Title dialog boxes, it will kick off the "Save checked images" routine. I haven't had this happen yet for 'n' kicking off the 'Next" button.

New Question: Can I exclude a specific album title from being included in this script? Before MM, I was using MusicBrainz a lot and got in the habit of using [non-album tracks] as the album name for, well, non-album tracks. These, of course, I want ignored as I will not get results.
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

m_bojangles wrote:New Question: Can I exclude a specific album title from being included in this script? Before MM, I was using MusicBrainz a lot and got in the habit of using [non-album tracks] as the album name for, well, non-album tracks. These, of course, I want ignored as I will not get results.
Ok, answered my own question again. In the Options panel for the script, there's a handy "Extra" box where you can add something to the SQL statement that the script uses. I just put this in the box:

Code: Select all

AND Albums.album <> '[non-album tracks]'
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

I have another idea... not sure if this would be too big a request or outside the scope of what this script does, but I would love it if I could set the desired minimum size to 500x500 and max to 999x999, then if the script goes through the images and doesn't get any matches (and is about to display [No Results]), it would be awesome if it would re-do the whole routine and drop the minimum size by 100 (i.e. 400x400) and then, if it doesn't find anything, drop it again by 100, and so on until it gets down to 0x0. Then if it doesn't find anything with the minimum set at 0x0, then display [No Results].

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I think that's a good idea, though I think the drop each step should be user-configurable, or bigger than the one you suggest.
If I set the range to 500-999, I'd want it on the next loop to drop to somethig like 250-499, then 100-249, then <100.

Or something like that.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll try to replicate the error you mention, but I've never encountered it myself.

I'll remove the button accelerators if they are causing problems.

The option you suggest sounds rather difficult to configure to me. I'll think about it, but I don't think it would be very workable. Wouldn't it be easier to find images for all your albums using the higher setting. Then once you've finished, start from the beginning again with a lower setting?
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

trixmoto wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to find images for all your albums using the higher setting. Then once you've finished, start from the beginning again with a lower setting?
Well, that's what I'm doing now... but with so many albums it takes a while. I was hoping for something automated so that I can tell it to go and then leave for the day and see what I get when I get home from work. Thanks for thinking about it, at least.