Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Teknojnky - I am currently working on the next version of this script and that bug has already been fixed. It should be released next week, depending how much free time I can find. I'll try to include your suggestions as well.

@ckosloski - This means that the component used to download the images is not installed. The script tries to write this runtime license to your registry so that the component can run, but this is obviously not possible in Vista. If you open the script file in a text editor and find line 1005 you can delete it...

Code: Select all

wsh.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Licenses\78E1BDD1-9941-11cf-9756-00AA00C00908\", "yjrjvqkjlqqjnqkjvprqsjnjvkuknjpjtoun", "REG_SZ"
... does this help?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ckosloski

Post by ckosloski »

trixmoto, I manually added the registry value and gave full control permissions to it, now it works.

Thanks.
moflicka

no save button appears

Post by moflicka »

Hi guys,

I installed Batch art finder and it appears to have installed fine. I can run it and I get no error messages. However, I don't see any save button. I see the save checkbox next to the image, but no save button to add the image to the file. Did this not install correctly? Please help.

Thanks in advance.
wuzfuzzy

2.1 error

Post by wuzfuzzy »

I just upgrade to the latest script, which starts to work great but as it finishes getting the images for preview , it loops and starts from the top again replacing with the next image. I have tried using multiple albums, and even a single track it still loops. I updated to 2.5.5.998 , vb6 runtimes, changed out msinet.ocx for a newer version and registerd the ocx, updated java to 1_5_0_11, updated to the latest msxml 6 core, installed all the windows update patches, install ms script 5.6, setup ie intranet setting to allow activex not safe to enabled, added the reg keys for the same on my comouter zone, still no go. If i use version 1.7 of the script it still works.
Last edited by wuzfuzzy on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yair

Bug Report

Post by Yair »

i installed mediamonkey only for this script so it's a fresh install
i installed this script and ran it
it said "there are no albums with missing artwork" (so far so good, i am only writing this so you can understand exactly where does the bug come from)
so i pointed the folders tree to a folder with mp3 files and tried again.
i got these 2 errors

now i can't open the script again untill i restart MM

in case i do the same and select a few files before opening the script and choose Yes or All in the message that pops up (asking if i only want to run the script on those file), i still get the same error
wuzfuzzy

Fixed~

Post by wuzfuzzy »

My looping problem was fixed! Simply by deleting the MediaMonkey.ini in My Documents\My Music\MediaMonkey, this cause MM to rebuild the ini file and now the script doesn' loop!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@ckosloski - I'm glad this is now working for you. If I ever get Vista I'll test these scripts on there but for now I'm limited to XP.

@moflicka - do you have your resolution set to something other than 96dpi? This can cause the buttons to disappear - a bug which Jiri is working to fix.

@wuzfuzzy - not sure what was causing this problem, but I'm glad it's fixed.

@Yair - this bug has been fixed and will be released shortly. I'm currently working on the next version of this script! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.2) is now available for download from my website. Changes include...

- Increased maximum size of dimension values
- Added temporary html file is now removed when closing form
- Fixed errors when running again after "no missing artwork" message
- Added chance to restart from beginning or continue from last run
- Added source "ws.audioscrobbler.com"
- Added source "localhost" plus extra options
- Added error catching around SQL statements
- Added test button to validate Extra option
- Moved image status messages (size and saved) to left side

The biggest addition is the "localhost" source, which means scanning your harddrive for images. With this option selected a new button appears next to the dropdown, clicking on this reveals a panel with extra options (click the button again to hide the panel). On this panel you can enter the search mask and also up to eight folders in which to search. :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Thanks for the update Trix!
Brendan2007

Max file size?

Post by Brendan2007 »

The options allow Min and Max width and height, but I don't see a file size limit. I'd like to be able to set a max file size limit. The reason is that the Sansa s200 series mp3 player (and possibly other media/mp3 players) hangs if cover art is larger than 32KB. Sorry if this is already available and I'm missing it!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is not currently an option. I'll look at adding it, but I'm not sure it's possible to know until it's been downloaded and by then it's a bit late given the script currently works. I will investigate though. :)
Brendan2007

Post by Brendan2007 »

Thank you for your reply. Google serves file size when you do an image search at http://images.google.com/ Example query results:

www.pricescan.com/ItemImages/ImagesL/527746.jpg
839 x 1500 - 120k

I figure you're working with the API so I don't know if it supplies the same values.

The other alternative would be to show file size in the results once it's been downloaded. Currently I have to right click to see file size, really slows down the process
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Post by Guest »

I've just installed batch finder from your website using the installer and am getting none of these extra options you are talking about in version 2.2. All I can do is run the script from the menu or the button and the window appears. The only option I get are next image, skip album and change search criteria. I can save the image to the tag too.

From your description above I feel there should be more options?

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Ignore my questions above - I stupidly forgot to look under options!!

Thanks again - great script!