Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mjkassoc

Re: Just List Albums 1.8 - Updated 27/02/2011

Post by mjkassoc »

trixmoto wrote:Well the script isn't really designed to create CSV files, but as this is something that a lot of people seem to be doing, I'll try and get this resolved in the next version.
Thank you. I neglected to mention that I was saving the text file as a csv, opening it in Excel, and copy/pasting to a pre-formatted Excel sheet. The re-arranged genres appear in the text file, and, of course, in the csv.
mjkassoc

Post by mjkassoc »

I am running Just List Albums to create a report that lists Artist, Album Artist, Rating and Genre. I would like to add <Classiification 5> but I can't figure out how to edit vbs Options Explicit FirstMask= to make this happen.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Ooh, Trix gives hope for an update earlier this month. I just now installed this script after all these years, and it does pretty much exactly what I was looking for (a list of albums, with their average rating). I know it's a pretty simple script, but I was a little surprised that it hadn't been updated in years. Will the next version contain in-MM settings as opposed to directly in the script file? That's the main thing I was going to ask about. Bit of a PITA, ha.

If a new version is planned, which contains some UI and settings changeable within MM... Is the script designed to round the ratings to a tenth? Like, is the result rounded, or is that how the value is returned to the script? Cause I was a little curious if an option could be provided for more detailed ratings (a few more decimals to further rank albums). Anyway... off to play with my export from this script. :)

EDIT: Sorting options would be nice too, instead of it just using the order in the window all the time (though that should still be an option).
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Go here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=660
and read the end of the top post for instructions to add extra decimals places.

As far as sorting goes, I import the text file into Excell and sort to my heart's desire!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Thanks for the tip on how to do the decimals. I set up an option up top to easily switch it now. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added these things to my list, I'll see what I can do in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
donnah

Post by donnah »

Hi and thanks for writing a great script.

I would like to have the file type (eg mp3, wma, ogg, flac etc) as a mask option. I think I can add this myself, but you may want to include this as an option in the next update. :)

The main problem I am having, however, is that MM seems to include tracks in other folders or even on disconnected hard drives in the albums. For example, I have a large audiobook collection, and sometimes I have more than one version of a book. Sometimes these are simply copies, and sometimes they are different recordings of the some book (different format, narrator, or number of parts). MM considers them all to be the same album since they have the same albumname and albumartist (a field I use for the author). The problem appears when your script calculates the total number of tracks and total length based on ALL copies of this book. For example, if I have a 8-part, 10-hr version of a particular book, with a copy on the local drive and a backup copy on a disconnected external drive, your script shows one album with 16 parts and 20 hours, even if only the 8 local parts were selected, and if MMs filter is set to "available tracks." If trackmask is used, each track is listed twice, once for each location.

I would like to consider each folder of files a separate album. Is there any way in your script to filter the sum of track and lengths to include only those tracks with the same file path?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I've added that suggestion to my list.

I don't really see how this would possible, certainly not with the way the script currently works. This script just uses what MM considers an album, and uses all of these API methods. I think the best course of action would be to add something to the end of your album names to ensure that MM treats them as separate albums.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,

is there any chance that the "Just List albums" script will support special characters like asian letters? Or it can be made work somehow?

Tagging within MM works fine. Also Create Reports - File list (HTML) works fine - asian characters are correctly displayed in the exported HTML-table.

But using the Just list albums script all special characters are replaced by "?". I thin kit is related to the way the script saves the .txt file?

This would be VERY important to me since I use this script extensively for exporting tracklistings for website listings.And I chose to use this script rather than the HTML tables..

cheers,
bernhard
dtsig

How to *order* Just Album Listing

Post by dtsig »

in File->Create Reports there is an item called 'Just List Albums'. The output of this is really kind of useless as it has absolutely no order at all.

Is there a way to get it sorted by Artist (1) and Album (2)?

I tried making a custom report but there didn't seem to be any way to just list albums.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
trixmoto

Re: How to *order* Just Album Listing

Post by trixmoto »

I've moved this into the addons section, as you're talking about my "JustListAlbums" script, but it probably would have been better in the thread of the script itself.

I'll try not to get hung up on the "kind of useless" comment :) The way the script works is by looping through all of the tracks in the list and then outputting the album information for each one, checking for duplicate albums along the way so that each album is only listed once. It used to use the internal method for extracting all the albums from the track list, but this doesn't work anymore. But it's due to this method that sorting is rather tricky, and would certainly be horrendous performance-wise.

My "CustomReport" script is a track based script, and therefore cannot be used to report on albums.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, what I implied but realised I haven't made clear is that the script processes the current tracks in order, therefore if you sort the tracks by artist then album before you run the script, the output should be in the same order.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

mjkassoc wrote:I am producing great reports with this add-on. Thanks so much. There is one minor glitch that maybe someone can help with. My genre field in MM looks like this: W.Coast; Combo; Jazz

Just List Albums produces: Combo, Jazz, W.Coast in one column.

Semi-colons are replaced with commas, which is OK. Genres are rearranged alphabetically, which is not helpful.
The reason for this is that there is no album genre field, therefore I have to query the database to find all genres that are associated with the album, therefore there is no order. I understand that what you probably mean is that the genre in all of the tracks in the album is the same, and I could check for this first, but it would be rather inefficient. Is it really worth preserving the order that much?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

trixmoto wrote:Sorry, what I implied but realised I haven't made clear is that the script processes the current tracks in order, therefore if you sort the tracks by artist then album before you run the script, the output should be in the same order.
Thanks for that ... I had thought I tried that but guess I didn't. Not having tried vbs against MM, one more thing on my plate may just break it :) ) I am wondering ... Couldn't this simply go against the DB? Like I said I haven't had any time to play with scripting with MM so am probably talking/asking out of ignorance. Users HUH :)

It seems to me that is more a list of Artists and associated albums. Is there a way to modify the script to find unique albums and then list artists?

Also, in the screen shot below, notice that about half way down, in the "Alison Krauss" section there i " - Lightning in a Bottle (27/27)". Is this because you are showing 'Album Artist(s)' and not 'Artists'?

Thanks again for the quick replies ...

Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
trixmoto

Re: Just List Albums 2.0 - Updated 15/03/2013

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added unicode support (outputs in UTF-8)
- Added Delimiter option for genre mask field
- Added additional 34 fields to TrackMask
- Added additional 6 fields to AlbumMask
- Added graphical interface for settings