Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TJOHO

Re: Adv. Duplicate Find & Fix 3.2.2 (2008-07-03) [MM2&3]

Post by TJOHO »

I have now done all the tests on your list, and they all produce the same error.

It varies when MM hangs, but the end result is the same.

For example, there is a difference if I delete the file without confirmation or with.

For without confirmation the tags are seemingly copied and everything is OK (I can see and play other files in the library), but I have to force quit the program and when I restart the database has not been modified. This includes playcounts for other files played after the copy.

With confirmation, the program hangs immediately while displaying the status bar message "1 track to tag".

I haven't had time to check with a regular Windows machine yet, though.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It seems that MM can't write to your external disk and therefore hangs?

Do you have any problems to manually update tags, Album Art or delete tracks?

Can you create a debug log?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Thanks for this
tatoosh

Post by tatoosh »

Hez, i got a problem>
i never used this skript before, my version: MM3 3.0.3.1183
after installing this the message said: installation okay but i cant find the cool skript in my MM:

screenshot:
2nd:

what to do now? thx
Bex

Post by Bex »

Open up the "Archive"-node and go to the "Files To edit"-Node (I don't know what it's called in German). At the bottom you'll find the "Advanced Duplicate"-Node.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
tatoosh

Post by tatoosh »

ah ok - thx.
i thought it has to be a new node - here is my screenshot in my german version:
Bex

Post by Bex »

You also have screen shoots and instructions in the first post of the thread!

All My Scripts
tatoosh

Post by tatoosh »

yes, sorry - i overlooked it. now it works fine for me ...
i think i have to do a lot of work with my files ;)
Bex

Post by Bex »

...and if you want more to do I recommend my Tagging Inconsistencies Script, link in signature. :wink:

All My Scripts
Muisdj

Post by Muisdj »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an error when restarting MM 3.0.3.1183 Gold
extracted as explained into script/auto folder
I carry 49884 file's in my databases and got without this script in duplicate titles 6816 file's
Looking fwd to get it working.
got the 2 errors saved as jpg, can mail them
error 1: line 112 column 2
error 2: MM.DB

when MM complete start up, nothing appears that looks like what it had to look like :cry:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Muisdj,

It seems that you have installed the MM2 version of the script. Undo everything you've done, download and run the MM3 version, as described in the first post, and you'll be fine.

All My Scripts
Muisdj

Post by Muisdj »

tx Bex,
correct, installation of correct version did not go as planned so I downloaded the manual version.
Did not notice that...

thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

What was the problem?
Does it work as it should now?

All My Scripts
camaesga

Post by camaesga »

Hi guys, I just wonder what am I doing wrong.I installed the duplicate find & fix, found about 6500 files i didnt need, and then added more songs to my library. Now, I'm trying to use the find & fix and doesnt seem to be working or finding any of the new songs I scanned. I know I have over 3000 new songs... Help Please!!
Bex

Post by Bex »

If you have added the songs to your library then the script includes them when it's looks for duplicates.
What makes you think that's not the case?

All My Scripts