Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

theta_wave

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Post by theta_wave »

ALB wrote:You saying it has to be done manually.no way ..i rather reripp than going through
15,000 songs deleting..there must be somekind of software than can delete duplicates
Many software can display dupes (including this one), but they cannot make the decision for which ones the user desires to save and to discard unless the user provided additional information like preferring some formats or others or all of the tracks that are to be kept are tagged in a certain way (i.e. rated or has a unique custom tag).
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ALB wrote:no way ..i rather reripp than going through 15,000 songs deleting..there must be somekind of software than can delete duplicates
Maybe, but again you'd likely have to use a filter for it to know exactly what you wanted it to delete rather than it taking the risk of autoing it.
Let us know if you find one. If not, worst case scenario would be to just start over with a fresh scan, not reripping.
Do you have file monitoring (continuous) enabled?

why-are-there-duplicates-in-the-library

Adding_Existing_Files_to_the_Library
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ALB

Post by ALB »

Where is file monitoring in mm ?
I downloaded this program name dupeguru music edition will see how it
For me a duplicate mp3 must contain these to filter out the rest
1.Artist
2.Album
3.name of the track
4.length of the track
nytemyst

Post by nytemyst »

Is there a way to have the 'Tracks with Same content" have the same type of node options as custom duplicate search?

Right now it looks like there's no way to choose the one you want to keep based on quality.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ALB wrote:Where is file monitoring in mm ?
File > Add/Rescan..... > upper right side of dialog.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

I've been having an issue lately that my Custom AutoActions won't save. I've configured them a dozen times, doesn't matter, next time I open Mediamonkey I'm back to the defaults. Plus, when I try to use one of the paste actions on a newly downloaded track, I often get "It's not allowed to Transfer Database Values unless all involved tracks are in the database, try again!". Which I don't get, the track has been imported into Mediamonkey, it's in the database.

I love this plugin, I use it extensively, please help me get it working again! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, no help.

Mediamonkey Gold 4.1.14.1813
AdvDupFind&Fix 3.8.2.149
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I'm sure I've just overlooked something but... I want to do a simple find and replace of 1 word within the Involved People field on the Details tab of a tag. I can't find where to select this field for the search. Please advise.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

steviegt wrote:I want to do a simple find and replace of 1 word within the Involved People field on the Details tab of a tag. I can't find where to select this field for the search. Please advise.
What are you looking inside of? Edit Properties has a details tab.
or are you talking about a search field somewhere?
😜
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Yes I am referring to Edit Properties. I have multiple files that have a misspelled Name in "Involved people" on the Details tab in Edit Properties. I was trying to avoid going thru each file individually. I want to search out the misspelled name and replace it with the correct spelled name.
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You can't search within MM's Edit Properties.

You can search from Advanced Search in MM using criteria for Involved People.
I don't believe this add-on has an Involved People Field to search, though.

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do? Like why are you in this thread if you are trying to search in Edit Properties?
😜
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I am here because I'm trying to use this add-on. (Find & Fix) I don't know how to elaborate more. As stated in last post, there is a misspelled name I would like to correct. It was downloaded and populated when I used the discogs tagger. I first tried using RegExp Find & Replace but couldn't see any preset that would work (?) and I don't know how to create my own.
MS Edge

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

If you have an idea what few correct letters it is likely to start (starts with) or end (contains) in, or somewhere contains, even though it's misspelled, you could
try advanced search in MM.

Maybe something like Tagging Inconsistencies.
😜
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Thank you. I appreciate your time and your willingness to help. I actually discovered this after running Tagging Inconsistencies.

Update... I figured out how to use RegExp Find & Replace to fix the name(s). No further help needed. Thanks.
MS Edge

Onner1992

Post by Onner1992 »

Is this script still being updated because I need to know if everything works?
B1948J

Copy library to sd card - Questions, Duplicates

Post by B1948J »

I decided to start using an sdxc card formatted as exFAT as my main library device. Previous to this I was using a portable hard drive formatted at NTFS. I'm using MM version 4.1.15 and Windows 10.

All the files and folders copied with the error "...properties won't copy...". In the past I found this to mean the ownership attributes wouldn't copy over and this has never been a problem.

I ran MM with automatic scan at startup. In a "duh" moment I realized I was duplicating all the library entries. However, I have spent countless hours updating my MM library with album art, consistent naming, duplicate management, etc. Now that I have a library with all dups I want to keep the entry that points to my new device but I want to merge in all the information I updated in each track's properties.

I installed the Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix but haven't figured out how to merge the two records (Old track info with new track location). I read through the documentation on the script and tried deleting the new entries and then moving the old ones but that didn't work. Scanning just reduplicates the tracks. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated.

I also wonder if NTFS supports the extended properties usesd by Media Monkey better than exFAT? If so, should I go back and reformat the card?

Thanks