Test script for rotating album art [#10406]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

samatriXdigitaL

Re: Test script for rotating album art [#10406]

Post by samatriXdigitaL »

An update on my script install issue.
I altered my scripts.ini file to add "CycleArt.vbs".
Now I get a listing for CycleArt in my MM scripts menu. When I select it I get the following error.

Error #424-Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'WScript'
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\CycleArt.vbs", LIne:25, column:3

Any ideas?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It appears as though the script author wrote the script so that you double click the file to install it.

It didn't work in your first case because you must run the file as the admin.

Also, the script is 7 years old, written for a much older version of MM, so I would bet that it won't work anyway.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

I have tried unsuccessfuly to install this script, however, some part of it did perform some kind of installation, so now, every time a track is played, I get an error message that says that the script could not be opened. Now I want to remove that and I am trying to find where is the instruction that is trying to run the script but I can't find it. After Uninstalling and reinstalling MM, The error continues to appear. I would appreciate any help or ideas about what to do. Could it be some place in the Registry of Windows, or somewhere else?
gamb2009
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The script could be called from Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.ini or have remnants in the Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto folder.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Lowlander wrote:The script could be called from Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.ini or have remnants in the Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto folder.
Thank you for your answer. But those places and files were the first I looked for, and the call is not there. Most strange is that I performed a full unistall of MM, erased all known folders in my hard dirive associated with MediaMonkey (Users\AppData\Mediamonkey\...; \Program Files (x86)\Medimonkey\...; etc.), ... and the scripts continues to throw the error message. Very strange and frustrating.

I have tried logging in as a different user in my computer. In that case, the script is not run, so it has to do with my user name. But where is it set?
gamb2009
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Gamb2009 get a tweaking program for your opsystem make sure it has feature to clean out bad code pages , reset registry keys that were messed up by bad scripts or malware. I use both the xteq pro tweaking program and the tweaking.com one on my xp systems. They generally fix anything in the registry the others i use can't. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.