Node: Find Songs Not having Standard Ratings v1.0 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Node: Find Songs Not having Standard Ratings v1.0 [Script]

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

A little script that helps finding songs that do not feature standard MediaMonkey rating values.

Adds a node under Files to Edit - Not Standard Rating

By sorting the songs by Rating, you can manually set ratings using the MediaMonkey build-in Rating tools.

It will for example find songs that is rated 62, but should in fact be rated 60 to be 'clean' MediaMonkey rating. The song will be displayed as a 3 Star song in this node, and if you manually give it a rating of 3 stars, the correct value of 60 will be stored in the library and the tags.

Songs that is far beyond normal MediaMonkey's standard may not show their ratings in this Node, but if you set the ratings for these, they'll turn compatible.

Install Script Open zip, and just double click the install file.

Uninstall= Remove file \MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Node_NotStandardRating.vbs

Note: AutoRateAccurate may not work as it should if doing manual rating.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure how useful this is, but thanks - it will make tracks more compatible. However, a small warning - some scripts rely on these "not standard" ratings to store extra information about the rating without changing it as far as the user is concerned. One of the auto-rate scripts does, for example.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I do not quite understand. Do you mean like 3.21 Stars for example?

Guess you could have songs rated in 254 stars levels if you wanted to. Personally I feel I have plenty with the 11 levels already provided, and it's nice to keep it clean.

Anyways, it's there as a utility tool if for nothing else to check if any songs are not in tune with the 11 level standard.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I believe the script I'm referring to (can't remember which one, but's one of the auto rate scripts) records the number of times you've skipped the track. For example, a 3-star track is 60. So a 3-star track that you've skipped once is 61 (for example, I'm not sure of the exact values). This means that the track still appears as 3-star rated, but the script also knows it has been skipped.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Ah, ok, I wasn't aware there was such script around. I guess this 'Not Standard Rating Node' would then show the ones who have this form of skip recording.

Guess it would be better to keep this info separate though, like making a skip table or something of that nature.

Anyways, an other lazy Sunday morning kind of script. It's fun to do these 'lunch break' ones.

I had a go with your Multi Album Art finder script, and I got a few missing album arts downloaded. I appreciate that you take the time to create these 'more than a lunch break' scripts.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes my script uses these 'not standard' ratings for the skipcounter. But AFAIK there is no problem with these ratings - they are shown correct in MediaMonkey and on portable players like ipods.

My idea is to NOT use an additional field or file to store that information because you can't backup it easily if you use a seperate file and custom-fields are to rare for that 'small' information.

So I see only a advantage in using these special ratings.

WARNING: This script resets you AutoRateAccurate skipcounter!

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Big_Berny wrote: WARNING: This script resets you AutoRateAccurate skipcounter!
Perhaps you should post that warning on your script page to inform user about this incompatibility.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

No need to warn, as it is a 'Find Songs' only. It doesn't do anything with the ratings or songs. It's simply a 'find' utility.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, it's a node under "Files to edit", so there a surely some people who will fix them. This is also the sense of the script I think. Or is there a other reason for that script?

So a warn would be useful I think. But if you don't want I'll do a warn in the AutoRateAccurate thread. I't not so useful there but at least it's written somewhere.

Regards
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

For unknown reasons I've found that from time to time I find songs that feature non standard ratings in my collection, and a part of my routine is cleaning those, so everything else that I use rating for works like it should.

Before I found these non standard songs by going to the database, picking out the songs, and then running manual routines. Today it turned out as a node script, to make the routine easier.

To me it's another routine in maintenance of the library. Don't really know how to word a warning about using this script, as it does nothing but showing songs that do not feature standard 11 level rating in MediaMonkey.

It is up to whoever to do the correction of the rating if they choose to. I would agree that this would be a 'harmful' script if it actually did something other than finding songs.

I somehow feel sure that if a person is capable of getting scripts installed, they for sure are capable of making their own choices of what to do with their songs.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, the script shows autorated songs like they would be 'buggy' but they already 'work like they should' (to use your own words).

The problem is that most users of my script have no idea how the SkipCounter is saved because it's simply unimportant. But ok, if you think that's not your problem, I'll post it in the AutoRateAccurate thread.

Big_Berny

PS: Maybe I should delevop a reg cleaner... :wink:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Yes, I think it's only fair to make users aware that if they manually rate their songs, they'll loose their skip count, so it seems more right that way.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

psyxonova wrote: Perhaps you should post that warning on your script page to inform user about this incompatibility.
Actually Big_Berny I was referring to you. It seems to me that it will be more useful if the warning was posted under the AutoRate Accurate thread as it does concerns only the users of the specific script (for now). Besides that users of this script will have the chance to read those posts and be informed about the situation.
On the other hand i do agree that this script is actually a report script and doesn't modify tag data but i also agree that whoever installs it is for sure intending to correct the "errors" found by this script.
So DiddeLeeDoo, i do thing that it would be nice if you could change the description of this script and add a comment that will inform users "of some scripts that actually do require those non-standard ratings to work properly" and maybe give a list of those scripts.

BTW your script made me realize that I do own some mp3s with "non-standard" rating which I corrected them so thanks for the script.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:Yes, I think it's only fair to make users aware that if they manually rate their songs, they'll loose their skip count, so it seems more right that way.
But that's pretended if you have "Keep manual ratings" enabled because these ratings will not be touched/changed again as they have a higher priority.

@psyxnova: Yes, sure. It's also written somewhere in the AutoRateAccurate thread I think. I just don't think that a normal user needs this information and I want to keep it as easy (and automatic) as possible. And with most scripts (at least all I know) there is no problem with these ratings.
So IMHO DiddeLeeDoo already did some much more useful scripts and they are great, no doubt.

Big_Berny
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you for taking care of the info about this Big_Berny.

I do not know anything about your script, and I have trouble figuring out a way to explain something I do not know anything about. Glad you took care of that bit. All I could do is make a tiny note about it, and trust that you take care of the rest.