PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

theta_wave wrote:Is there a way for the artist and album sorting to ignore the lead "the" in both names? Thanks for the script! It has improved greatly from the last version I used (v0.51). I didn't know it was still being updated!
no, you can't at the moment.
and yes, has been updated and I'm keen to rewrite it from scratch and make it even better. However, that will never happen if I'm not able to figure out the problem which is preventing alot of users from being able to use it properly.

That's the first priority, and unfortunately one I cannot see a solution to.
problem described here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141788

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
DaledeSilva

Re: PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Post by DaledeSilva »

hey guys...
for those who are using PrettyPictures, or even if you're just interested, I have updated the "Settings Gallery" on the site with some videos and pictures.
Please take a look and feel free to submit your own layouts.

http://www.oiltinman.com/downloads/pret ... gs-gallery

Dale.
dps33

Post by dps33 »

I am new to MM, I just downloaded your script. Install and cached OK. Opened it and I do not see pictures. I see a square oulined block with album name in it but not the picture or any other albums. What gives?
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

dps33 wrote:I am new to MM, I just downloaded your script. Install and cached OK. Opened it and I do not see pictures. I see a square oulined block with album name in it but not the picture or any other albums. What gives?

have you tried restarting MM (just to be safe)?
have you got administrator privaliges?
what version of MM are you using?

Dale.
dps33

Post by dps33 »

Yes I have restarted MM
Yes I do have administrator privilages and using XP
I am using 3.0.3.1183
dps33

Post by dps33 »

There is definately some issues. I restart and start Pretty Pictures.. Window opens and keep flashing or vertical bar on the left keep scrolling up and down. Timer comes on stays that way until I click in the window and then it is blank.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

dps33 wrote:There is definately some issues. I restart and start Pretty Pictures.. Window opens and keep flashing or vertical bar on the left keep scrolling up and down. Timer comes on stays that way until I click in the window and then it is blank.
vertical bar on the left of what?
what timer? - where?
what tree node are you clicking on (or do you have selected) during all this?
dps33

Post by dps33 »

vertical bar on the left of what?
When you start Pretty Pictures window , the title bar where it says Pretty Pictures and X to close. My is vertically lines next to Track browser so it is on the left.
what timer? - where?
Regular windows wait timer as if Pretty Pictures is still doing something.

what tree node are you clicking on (or do you have selected) during all this?[/quote]
I have Album tree node seleted.

Well may be I do not know how to use it? It pretty much locks up MM for me. IT di dnot do that before.
zerosignal

Post by zerosignal »

I have reinstalled MM3 and all scripts. And I have moved the cache folder for PrettyPics, now I don't see any pictures :(

within mediamonkey.ini (where I changed the cache path), the lines are now

Code: Select all

[PrettyPictures_MM3]
Status=
FilePath=C:\Profiles\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\PrettyPictures\
CachePath=D:\Temporary\Pretty Pictures
smoothWindow=2
smoothWindowVisible=4
min=150
max=300
cacheDelay=2000
startupCache=manual
startupState=last
trackSetting=all
orderSetting=album
collapseSetting=collapse
curWinState=max
Initialised=True
lastCache=16-07-2008
Cached=1
Caching goes fine, the folder has all the thumbnails for the covers, but doesn't display them inside prettypictures. anyone can help?
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

The caching works fine.. but when the flash file looks for the images it looks for a directory relatively positioned near it... and it doesn't find it because you've changed the cache path...

So I'm afraid you can't solve that problem unless you systematically change more of the code.

I have noticed lately, however, how difficult it is to install pretty pictures due to admin privileges... maybe putting ALL files in a similar temporary directory is a good solution... thoughts?
(the main files will still be in the scripts directory - so admin priv's will be needed to install)

Dale.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Hi

I have "Intsallation Error" coming up with MediaMonkey_3.0.3.1183 on Vista Home Premium - previously PP on MediaMonkey_3.0.2.xx on XP Pro worked perfectly.
Would love to get it working on my new PC. Any suggestions - it could be some kind of Vista permissions issue, but I'm new to Vista and all its "features"

Tony T
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

TonyT wrote:Hi

I have "Intsallation Error" coming up with MediaMonkey_3.0.3.1183 on Vista Home Premium - previously PP on MediaMonkey_3.0.2.xx on XP Pro worked perfectly.
Would love to get it working on my new PC. Any suggestions - it could be some kind of Vista permissions issue, but I'm new to Vista and all its "features"

Tony T
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

recently install PP on a fresh system.. I actually found that I had to log in as administrator... right cilck on MM icon and choose run as administrator..
then log in as your normal user and right click and run as administrator again...
after that I think it runs normally

I think that's overkill but I can't remember 'exactly' what I did to get it working.. hence I have to revise the installation programming.

Dale.
Tony T

Post by Tony T »

Hi Dale

Am already administrator on my new Vista lappy - PP just won't install on Vista + MM 3.03 - have tried reinstall of MM, including changed properties on file to run install as Administrator, also tried changing properties on PP file to "unblock" - whatever that does. No change - just get application installation error... :oops:

- definitely smells like a Vista permissions error - just can't work out where its occurring - is there any easy way to track the install script errors ?

Cheers
Tony
(Sydney Web Design....)
Tony T

Re: Vista Install PrettyPictures FIXED :)

Post by Tony T »

Dale

I figured it out :D - all installed and working now.

The key to Vista Permissions was the "Unblock" element .... I did a standard MM install, download PP, Unblocked the PP file and then moving the PP file inside of the Media Monkey programme folder. Didn't need to make any special "run as Admin" changes...

Key was to shift the PP file inside c:/Programs Files/Media Monkey/ BEFORE running the PP install. PP installed instantly, and I'm up and running again.

I'd previously been trying to install the PP file from my desktop, where I had downloaded it to. My tip off came from searching for info on Vista Unblock and found this article at http://itsvista.com/2007/01/itsvista-ti ... -on-vista/

Cheers,
Tony T