PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JoschyMo

Re: PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Post by JoschyMo »

I recive this message:
"Well done buddy!
At some point you've deleted the 'PrettyPictures' folder in the scripts/auto directory. You'll need to install PrettyPictures again I'm afraid.
Clap... Clap.."
I never did something to that folder in the last 2 Weeks... Yesterday the PP works for me. The message arrived after about 4 hours of MM run...
jo thx
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

have you closed MM and started it again.. does it work now? or is it still fubar?

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
harshpshah

Post by harshpshah »

I am having a similar problem as JoschyMo. I copied my scripts and data directory from one computer to the other computer. Both the computers run same version of mediamonkey. But now prettypictures is not working. I closed MM several times. I deleted the prettypictures files and reinstalled it. Still not working.
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Dale,

I there anyway to make this extension so that when I single click a cover it will go to the album in MM browser? That IMO is one essential thing missing from this plugin.

Post by Guest »

Well just two issues that I can see other than the resize of the PP window error message; The covers don't seem to populate with pictures, just the name of the album and the artist? Secondly when I double click an album it gives me an SQL error "There was a problem querying the database: Error executing SQL "select songs.* from songs where (sonts.IDAlbum=1) order by sonts.songorder* : no such column songs.songorder(1,1)"

I am running PP 0.51 and MM 3.0.5.1186

Any ideas on how to fix this?
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

the latest version of pp is v0.9.3
Check the website again.
v0.51 doesn't work with mm3
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

hey guys,
I discovered an error in PP yesterday and fixed it, but I haven't uploaded a new version yet.

but more importantly.. does anyone still use it, and why / why not

thanks,
Dale.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Dale I uninstalled PP just the other day, not because it isn't a great way of browsing AArt but because FlashK now has an embedded version of MonkeyFlow which is just stunning to look at and (great for me anyway) shows the whole library at all times. I still think PP has an app fpr those people whose PC's or laptops are not so quick or Graphics cards not up to the task. Hope you don't abandon it because I am going to invest in a Laptop next year and was planning to use it on that.
Cheers from down here (too) :D :D :D :D
Brett
lechuck

Post by lechuck »

Dale,
I am still using Pretty pictures and looking forward to any new updates to the wonderful plugin! I have been using it for quite sometime without any problem. Definitely still have room for improvement though.

Tested monkey flow and found that it takes up too much resources and still prefer PP's flexibility in configuring the design and light weight. Keep up the good work Dale!

regards,
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've read all the posts saying this is a wonderful program, but I can't seem to get it to work. The PP embeds fine and it shows whatever album is playing, but I can't see any way to scroll through my albums.

The navigating instructions mention moving albums to middle and to end and such, but I only see the album cover in the embedded panel.

Also, when I try to close the panel, MM freezes.

I am fairly new to MM and using these scripts so I may me doing something wrong, so any instructions would be greatly appreciated.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

can you pm me a screenshot?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

No need to send a screen shot, yet. As I played around in MM and PP last night, I somehow got it to work.

I didn't know what to expect, and I kept clicking the auto expand and auto contract buttons to see what they did and only the one album that was in the panel expanded and contracted. Once I moved my mouse out of the area for a while the Pretty Pictures showed up!!

The only issue I am having now is if I try to close the PP panel, MM still freezes, but I think I can live with that for now.

Thank you for a great item to make the Monkey even better.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hi Guys
Not sure what i have done wrong so I need some help. I have just installed Pretty Pictures v0-9-3 into MM3 Gold on Vista Home on HP Laptop. I have cached all albums but can only see one blank white square in the centre of the panel. When I select an album that I have art work for PP shows the name of album and artist but no picture although I can see the artwork down in the left corner of MM3. I also have access to the right click menus and can select items from these. I was going to uninstall and start again but could not find how to uninstall the program as it does not populate in the programs list and I now seem to have installed it twice. Any help will be much appreciated.
Kind regards
Silver
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

start mediamonkey.
go to tools and extensions and uninstall it from there. This is how you deal with most new scripts for MM

Dale.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Dale Thank you I have uninstalled and reinstalled but I still have the same problem. The album covers don't show just the name of artiast and album in the 1 central square cover, I have cached and re cached but still no album art. I get a message requesting access by an active X control to which I say ok even though I have enabled access previously as described bt the PP help file.
Do you or anyone have any ideas???
Thanks in hope.
Silver