Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

RedX wrote:Anyone else experiencing Freezes on MM3 startup?
I'm the same as nynaevelan, I'm not having any problems with MR3.1 on Vista Home Premium with MM3.01.
danny b.

Post by danny b. »

i'm using MM Gold 3.0.1 and MR 3.1 on Vista Ultimate. the clean MM runs fine, only MR causes this trouble.
IkEcht

Post by IkEcht »

I got the freeze as well. But might be user stupidity. Going to look into the settings a bit more. It looked like MR was getting all albums in my libraries to show instead of just the ones that included the artist playing.

With MR disables all works fine.. though I still have to get used to the new configuration.. (for instance still searching for a way to shrink the main-area, so the Now Playing window can be in midscreen without overlapping the main-window).

Post by Guest »

I can't even get MR 3.1 to install into the latest MM.I just get "product installation error" all the time.Anybody any idea what's causing it ?.I'm using Vista 32 Home edition btw.

Thanks Vinny
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

thanks as always for a magic script.
I am getting an Active X window popping up when I open MM
I forget what the fix was. Is it the same registry fix as before?
thanks
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

aidan_cage wrote:Is it the same registry fix as before?
This is the registry fix...

1- Run regedit.exe
2- Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3- Modify key 1201 = 0

----------------
Now playing on MediaMonkey: Eagles - Business as Usual
via FoxyTunes
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Anonymous wrote:I can't even get MR 3.1 to install into the latest MM
Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of MonkeyRok for MM3?
The one for MM3 has the new icon - check here

----------------
Now playing on MediaMonkey: Eagles - Center of the Universe
via FoxyTunes
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

my many thanks to you, sir

Post by Guest »

Yeah,definately got the new one.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Mummel - this would seem like a data error to me. All tracks in the same album should have the same album artist, if there are multiple artists then you should make it "Various Artists" or similar.

@tinana - the tracks do need to be in your library for MonkeyRok to display details for them.

@paulmt - glad we got that one fixed! Thanks for posting the ActiveX fix as well, saves me remembering it! :)

@nynaevelan - I'm glad you got the statistics sorted.

@runtherisk - there will be a delay extracting the artwork if it is embedded in your tracks and you are not using the cache, or the cache doesn't have artwork for this album. I'm not sure why the "All" mode is not working for you but I'll check this out.

@MM3 monkey - do you mean when querying the Last.Fm database, or do you mean when checking your database with the Last.Fm results?

@CoachUK - of course it is ok to modify the skin. If you email it to me then I'll post a link on my website.

@RedX+danny b. - this is very strange. No debug log whatsoever? Have you tried switching it on manually by editing the MediaMonkey.ini file?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

So is there a way I can install MR manually ,cause I cant seem to get the installer to work ? :o

Cheers Vinny
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Vinny wrote:So is there a way I can install MR manually ,cause I cant seem to get the installer to work ? :o

Cheers Vinny
Did you save the file as a .mmip? If so, just double-click on it and follow the prompts. If not, change the .zip to .mmip and then double-click on it and follow the prompts.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

OK...this may be due to the "heap-of-doo-doo" Vista machine I'm using but when I try to Install the MR3.1 mmip on Vista it gives me an error message that 'Product Installation Failed'.

I tried copying the files/folders over from my XP machine and I can get the panel to appear but there seems to be no interaction with the library (doesn't matter whether I select Now Playing or Selected or Statistics modes).

Any Ideas or suggestions (other than a blow torch for the *@$&ing machine)???
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Try right-clicking on the file and selecting run as administrator. Or you can also go to the Control Panel --> User Accounts --> Turn User Account Control On or Off and turning this off, you should try this first because once I turned mine off I rarely have to run any installations as an administrator. I don't know what was M$'s thinking for this but it is a pain in the ***.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've found that if you run MM3 as administrator and then double click on the installation package then this works, but running the installation package as administrator should as well.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.