Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

callmetom

MR didnt work at my system ))):

Post by callmetom »

Hmm - monkey rock didn't work on my system

If i hide MR all things are ok

If i start MR then MM freezes for a certain time.
After that MR show up but with no informations - not any - all fields
are empty - cover - title - all things

If a play a song after that MR freezes again.

Even if a change something in the option sheet MM
freezes.

I tried a lot of things but nothing helped

Someone has a tip for me about that pleeeease ?

I love that MR so much *sniff*

One thing as well: it not depends on the new version - the previous one didn't work also ...

thanx for your support in advance ...
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

trixmoto wrote:New version (3.4) is now available to download from my website.
Thank you, trix! Tracks are in order now. Yay! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for having included the possibility to choose track number in album detail, it's wonderful (maybe you could add the same for ratings but it's just my opinion). But artist display in album art doesn't seem to work. I choose "artist" in the option, tag a artist image, and monkey rok keeps on showing me front cover. I don't know why, because when I choose "back", it's effectively the back cover which is showed.

Do I have to tag my mp3's otherwise?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Reika - I had previously handled the first two ranges of UFT8 encoded characters, version 3.4 included the third range, looks like I'll have to make version 3.5 include the fourth (and final) range as well! I sent you PMs about the new strings, but I'll try to remember to email you next time.

@Guest - I think this is because in the album art view the event I use to trigger the update is not being fired. I'll investigate and see what I can do to fix this.

@callmetom - I don't really know where to start with this. Have you enabled the debug mode? If so, you could send me the logfile. It might be that you have your internet security settings set not to initialise any activex.

@Guest - I'll check out the artist artwork mode again and get back to you. I didn't want to add them all as options, but if you think they would be useful then I will.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

trixmoto wrote: @callmetom - I don't really know where to start with this. Have you enabled the debug mode? If so, you could send me the logfile. It might be that you have your internet security settings set not to initialise any activex.
Well thats my log ):

MonkeyRok 3.4 started...

Panel enabled...
OnPlay event triggered...

Panel enabled...
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yep, looks like IE isn't running the script code. You'll need to check out for IE settings.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

trixmoto wrote:Yep, looks like IE isn't running the script code. You'll need to check out for IE settings.
I changed all settings (especial these from Aktive X and Scripting) so that all is allowed.

Anyhow it didn't work .. Do i miss someting ? There are other seetings important for MR ?

I use Internet Explorer 7 btw
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto wrote:@Reika - I had previously handled the first two ranges of UFT8 encoded characters, version 3.4 included the third range, looks like I'll have to make version 3.5 include the fourth (and final) range as well! I sent you PMs about the new strings, but I'll try to remember to email you next time.
Actually this was a small calculation flaw on my part, you can easily fix it yourself replacing line 2864 in Functions.vbs...

Code: Select all

Dim e : e = 32768
...with...

Code: Select all

Dim e : e = 65536
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@callmetom - you need to search the forum for "activex" - there is a section in the registry you might need to change as this script runs in the My Computer zone which you cannot affect through the settings screens I don't think.

Post by Guest »

@trixmoto:

In response to my quote I made as "guest", you said:

@Guest - I think this is because in the album art view the event I use to trigger the update is not being fired. I'll investigate and see what I can do to fix this.

It seems to me that the issue is that when MonkeyRok is set to show information on "Selected", that it is looking for the user to click a song. If I'm in the "Album Art with Details" view and click the album cover, thus highlighting the entire album, MonkeyRok doesn't recognize this selection. However, if I then click a song on that album, MonkeyRok realizes that you've selected it, and subsequently shows the details for that artist/album/song.

Another interesting variation: If you have MonkeyRok showing "now playing", then go to "Album Art" view and highlight an album, MonkeyRok is still showing the "now playing" info, as it should. However, if at this point, you switch MonkeyRok to show "Selected", it will now show the selected album you've highlighted. So, it appears MonkeyRok recognizes the event of selecting an album as "Selected", however, only after the fact. If you then select another album cover in "Album Art" view, it won't recognize it.

Strange, eh? This one fix would make MonkeyRok ... well, ROCK!
AnalogBalrog

Post by AnalogBalrog »

^^^ speaking to the post above, from here on out, call me:

AnalogBalrog

I really think that if MonkeyRok would recognize "highlighting of an album cover" as a mechanism to "select" an album, that the view shown below would be fanstastic!

So, in this image, MonkeRok is set to display "Selected", however it is showing Radiohead's album "Kid A", when it should be showing what is selected, the Postal Service's "Give Up" album.

See what I mean?

Thanks,

AnalogBalrog
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

trixmoto wrote:@callmetom - you need to search the forum for "activex" - there is a section in the registry you might need to change as this script runs in the My Computer zone which you cannot affect through the settings screens I don't think.
If found the necessary seetings - i manipulate them with regedit ...

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=833633

I have set them all for all zones .
Its still don't work - mabe some other reasons trix ?

Sry for strained your nerves :oops:
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Puschel

Post by Puschel »

One question: Where is the Biography of the new version supposed to come from, what is the source of this option?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Puschel wrote:One question: Where is the Biography of the new version supposed to come from, what is the source of this option?
I expect it's coming from the artist's page on last.fm.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Here's an example of the link used for the biography...

http://www.last.fm/music/Stereophonics/+wiki/