Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

barkoz

Re: Monkey Rok 3.4 [MM2+3]

Post by barkoz »

First thought, have you got the temp directory set correctly? You should have it at C:\Temp (unless you change that in the MonkeyRok.vbs file)
Actually I had only changed the directory in the MR settings via option dialog box. I like to keep things where I can easily find them to back them up in case of disasters, and I like to periodically delete temp folders to stop them getting to big, however I took your hint and changed the location in the MR.vbs file in the Scripts/Auto folder, I could only find 2 references to the default location in there, which I changed. Even though MR has been caching to the directory that had been previously set via options dialog box. Seems to have made no difference, The topmost image displays all the artwork and scrolls through it as it is set to do perfectly, but all the other images just show the dreaded red X. Has me beaten, this script has performed flawlessly since I first started using it, and I'm sure all active X etc is set to enable it to do as it should. It's killing me!! Ha Ha. :roll: :( :o
Thank's for your help tho it is much appreciated, personally I think Nyn should put up her hand to help me with this seeing as she practically lives here............... Should know everything . LOL :D

Update......
Uninstalled and after removing MR references in MM.ini reinstalled and no problem, for some reason it doesn't like having the cache removed to another spot, which is confusing me no end as it worked fine for months in my own location, perhaps I relocated it in a previous version of MR and it didn't have a problem when updated, but with 3.4 it does?
Anyway i'm sure I can put up with it as it doesn't really matter if the temp dir is deleted anyway. It's great to have this finding Bio's again, one of my favourite scripts (along with most of the others Trix has produced).
crayak

Post by crayak »

Im having the same issue as barkoz, I changed the system temp files settings to C:\temp\ still not working. I also change the internet options settings to match the suggested in a previous post. Any suggestions.?
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Im having the same issue as barkoz, I changed the system temp files settings to C:\temp\ still not working. I also change the internet options settings to match the suggested in a previous post. Any suggestions.?
Mate my only answer was to uninstall,and then re-install but remove the MR references in MM.ini before the re-install then leave the cache where it is. I don't think it has any real impact on MR if you clean the temp folder anyway, I preferred not to have it there because I have over 7400 albums and it just seemed silly to have so many images cached only to remove and have them re-cached as soon as you play the playlist (or whatever). I don't think some data belongs in temp folders for that reason, but it seems that the current version for some reason doesn't like moving the cached images. Most likely Trix willl look at this when he releases the new version, which we are all very excited about. He does however have a few other things on his mind at the moment so we will just have to be patient.
It will be worth the wait
Cheers from downunder
:D :D :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry but I've had a look at the code and I cannot explain this. The artwork is always created and looked for in this path, as defined in the setting, and there is no internal cache of image locations. You shouldn't need to change the VBS file, you should only need to change the setting in MM. I've also tried to replicate this problem but I can't. :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Has me beaten Mate, I got it back up and running ok then tried once more to move the cache the way I had done previously (successfully) but no luck. Oh well, maybe my computer is just tired. LOL. I'm pretty persistent though so I will keep trying. It really doesn't bother me that much, it's such a great script, as are all of your others. Thanks for all of them, without them 110,000 track would be totally out of control and a huge mess, and I suspect, out of the question.
:D :D :D
I'm grinnin'
trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 4.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.0) is now available to download from my website. This version is only compatible with MM3, but the previous MM2 version (3.4) is still available for download as well. Changes include...

- Fixed encoding of characters in extended sets
- Fixed all typographical errors
- Fixed biography data not being returned
- Fixed truncation of biography data including html tags
- Fixed duplicates in favourite/most played tracks
- Fixed apostrophes breaking more information links
- Added options to show/hide song ratings and length
- Added option to show album or artist comments
- Added option to control image caching and cleanup
- Added options to show/hide panels
- Added an extra two external panels
- Added external panel to show artist events
- Added tooltips to player controls

At the moment not all of the language files are up to date, and some of the ones which are might need a bit of tinkering to fit the (rather limited!) space I've provided in the settings sheets. If anyone wishes to send me updates files then I will re-release this update with them included.

Things already on my list for the next release...

- Handle multiple artists when querying Last.Fm (need some way to merge or concatenate the results)
- Option to only show in certain nodes and filters (need some way to define this in settings)
- Fix problem moving cache folder (need to replicate and/or find out what is causing the issue)

Hope it's been worth the wait! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

dypsis wrote:
trixmoto wrote:
dypsis wrote:Would there be an easy way to make that the default behaviour?
If you open "Functions.vbs" in a text editor and find the "PlayTrack" function then you'll see these lines...

Code: Select all

If alt = False Then
    SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex = SDB.Player.PlaylistCount-1
  End If
All you need to do is change "If alt = False Then" to "If alt Then" and the behaviour will be reversed (you'll need to hold "Alt" to play now).
Thanks trixmoto. That's how I like it. :)
And I can still add and replace an entire album in a single click if I wish by clicking on the cover art. :)
Thanks for the update trix. Looking good.

With the above setting. Is there any way to stop MM from replaying the last track remaining in the Playlist when you add a track from MonkeyRok after MM has stopped playing?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you Trixmoto for the new version.

@crayak, barkoz
I have no problems either with the cache directory.
I've set mine to C:\TempMonkeyRok and it's working fine.

Don't forget to restart MM for the setting to take effect.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Wonderful..Love It
Still same problem with cache dir though, once changed from default location it refuses to show any artwork other than the topmost image which I set to All. It does cache to the directory though, no problems there, only the red X for other images is the problem. Even after re-start, was not a problem till recently which is confusing, but it doesn't matter I just reset to the default loc and it's fine.
Good job mate. It's a great addition to MM :D :D :D

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Here it is, the long awaited rewrite of MonkeyRok! :D
Please provide feedback, good or bad! :)
Hi Trixmoto,

The download link on your page for the MM2 version of MonkeyRok 4 appears to be the older 3.4 exe. Please would you check and replace if necessary. Many thanks for all your work on previous version. I am eager to try out this new version asap!

Kind regards
SteveM
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote:New version (4.0) is now available to download from my website. This version is only compatible with MM3, but the previous MM2 version (3.4) is still available for download as well. Changes include...
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

it has always made me happy (since the first release!) to visit and find an update here.
"You, (thank you) light up my Life" :D
PEACE
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

TM:

There is something weird in the kitchen, in the More section in order to get the hide panels to work the first time, I have to check the boxes for the panels that I do not want hidden, and then go back in and select the ones that I want hidden? Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get any of the three external panels to show.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
REIKA

Post by REIKA »

When artist name includes Japanese characters , MR4.0 can not find data from audioscrobbler.com at all.
Encoding to UTF8 seems to be wrong.

Some examples:

青山テルマ
MR4.0-----%09752%E2%B8%B8%E1%A1%A3%E1%A1%B5%E1%A1%AF
correct----%E9%9D%92%E5%B1%B1%E3%83%86%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E

福山雅治
MR4.0-----%E3%B3%87%E2%B8%B8%096C5%E3%99%9D
correct----%E7%A6%8F%E5%B1%B1%E9%9B%85%E6%B2%BB

細井聡司
MR4.0-----%E3%BA%98%E2%9D%8A%08061%E2%A7%BC
correct----%E7%B4%B0%E4%BA%95%E8%81%A1%E5%8F%B8
Win10 64bit , MM4.1 Gold , Japanese Lang files
dsp_vst + iZotope Ozone + out_asio , Magic Nodes , Minilyrics
MM Japanese Wiki : http://mediamonkey.xn--m8jfw.jp/index.php?FrontPage
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Guest - as clearly stated, the new version is only for MM3.

@nynaevelan - you definitely need to check these boxes if you want to HIDE the panels. Untick the "External" one to see the panels.

@reika - damn, I thought I'd finally fixed all of these!! :-?