Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:From page 89...
trixmoto wrote:Ooops, this means I forgot to fix the artist name in sql, so line 175...

Code: Select all

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&exc&"'"
...should be...

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&fixsql(exc)&"'"
I am still having problems with MonkeyRok with Guns N' Roses tracks (for example).
It won't display "Most Played" or "Albums By".

And if I was playing an artist previous to playing Guns N' Roses, it keeps displaying "Most Played" or "Albums By" of that previous artist, although the contents are empty.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll take a look at this and get it fixed in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Rating from the MR's main panel, rates the wrong track.

Steps: Select a track in MM NowPlaying list pane. This track is displayed in MR's main panel. Right-click and change specified MR rating.
Result: New rating is applied to first selected track in MM Tracklist (which is different).

The problem is that when clicking on MR panel, the focus is lost in MM, so it defaults to main Tracklist. Behaviour is the same as: select a track in NowPlaying list, click an empty area on MR panel, then press F5.

Do you think it can be fixed so MR remembers the focus state?

Anyway, forewarned is forearmed! :wink:

Thank you

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Whizzkid

Post by Whizzkid »

First of all: Great work! I was wondering though: How can I change the script to get the artist's biography in German language instead of English? I understand the information comes from lastfm/audioscrobbler.com and on the lastfm-website the artist information also exists German. Any ideas how I can manage to change that? Thanks in advance.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

edit the file Functions.vbs in Scripts\MonkeyRok folder
find line 1380:

Dim url : url = "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method="&met&"&artist="&fixurl(art)
and change to:

Dim url : url = "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method="&met&"&artist="&fixurl(art)&"&lang=de"
save the file and the biography should now be in German.

Trix - maybe a feature request for the next update to tie this to the users language selection in MR Options?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Eyal - thanks for the report, I'll make sure this is fixed in the next version.

@onenonymous - thanks for the suggest, I'll see what I can do in the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Belgrath wrote: ie the MonkeyRok 4.1 and MediaMonkey version 3.1.1.66797 is being displayed (not sure why this is saying 3.1.1.66797 and not 1261)
This is a MM bug which should be fixed as of beta build 1273:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4967
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

If you have tweaked the MyComputer part of your internet security setup to allow activeX then this fix has been successful for some.
Changing this setting in Windows 7 results in it bugging me more about a huge security hole than MM bugging me.

What's the best solution for this with Win7?
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

Loving this script even more than I thought I would. A mention: in the "extra info" field I have <Year><br /><Custom2>.

It seems that the date will not display "0"s. If the date is 2006, MR displays 26. If the date is 2000, MR displays 2, and so on. I don't know if I am the only one seeing this behavior, and it really isn't a big deal.

Thanks again for the script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah sorry, that's a bug in the current release - I will fix this in the next version though :)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Desertway wrote:Loving this script even more than I thought I would. A mention: in the "extra info" field I have <Year><br /><Custom2>.

It seems that the date will not display "0"s. If the date is 2006, MR displays 26. If the date is 2000, MR displays 2, and so on. I don't know if I am the only one seeing this behavior, and it really isn't a big deal.

Thanks again for the script.
trixmoto wrote:Yeah sorry, that's a bug in the current release - I will fix this in the next version though :)

Strange, I use current version but don't have this problem...
WinXP SP2.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The <Year><OrigYear><Track#><Disc#> mask fields in ExtraInfo were all supposed to replace the value "0" with blank, however what I actually coded was to replace all "0" in the value with blank, ooops! :oops:
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Trix, I have noticed recently, after the installation of Song Information Panel, that Monkey Rok is displaying the incorrect track length value, with the minutes being +1 from the correct time, ie: a track that is 3:35 long according to SIP and the player window displays a 4:35 in Monkey Rok. I hadn't noticed previously, but I have SIP near Monkey Rok on my set up and the diferent lengths jumped out at me. I believe that on some occasions the length displated by MR is correct, but need to keep a better eye on it to see if I can discern a pettern. Is this a know issue and if so is there a fix?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm pretty sure I just grab the song length from the API method so I can't take much responsibility for it's accuracy. I'll investigate this when I'm working on the next version.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Thanks for the reply. I have continued to monitor the lengths listed in SIP, MR and the player. For some tracks they are all the same and for others they differ with MR reporting a minute more than SIP and the player. If there is something I should look out for that helps you out, let me know.