Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

everytime i launch media monkey im exposed to this dialog box
An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction.
Now my question is how do i simply get rid of this innoying thing because it keeps the resume play script from working ...
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

I think it has something to do with IE Security options.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Eyal

[Exclude Artists] and Album Artist

Post by Eyal »

@Trixmoto: How about making the [Exclude Artists] data to work also on Album Artist?

In my case, in MonkeyRok I set the [Seed field] = Album Artist.
In MM, all my Various-Artists albums have the artist names in Artist field, and "VA" or "Various" in Album Artist field.

It's just annoying and it takes forever for MR to query such albums, even if it's set to ignore them.

Thanks
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
feppa

Post by feppa »

Eyal wrote:Remove the [&Chr(13)&""] at line 18.

sorry didn't work. any other ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@feppa - thanks for this new translation. I've had a look and it's the correct number of lines so I'm not sure what's up. I'll investigate further though and let you know when I find out.

@Diabolic-Destiny - this is indeed to do with your IE security settings...
trixmoto wrote:ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".
If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone.
@Eyal - the "Exlude Artists" option should work with whichever "Seed Field" you use. I'll have to investigate why this is not working for you.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
feppa

Post by feppa »

trixmoto wrote:@feppa - thanks for this new translation. I've had a look and it's the correct number of lines so I'm not sure what's up. I'll investigate further though and let you know when I find out.
Great! Great job by the way!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@feppa - I've corrected a couple of typos (which were in my "english.txt" file so it's my fault!) and it's loading fine now. I've also added extra messaging into the next version which will tell people exactly which line is causing the error in future.
Last edited by trixmoto on Thu May 24, 2007 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I am now working on version 2.3 so please contact me asking for an up-to-date "english.txt" before you do any new translations please! :)
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".
If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone.
thank you :D

I made this quick reg key to turn it off on the fly

Install: make a new txt file

paste

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]
@=""
"1201"=dword:00000000
save as Disable ActiveX Initlize.reg
double click to install.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

OK. I finally got home to a place with a real, always on internet connection so I can finally use some of the neat MM tools. But now I have a problem, I selected lyrics to be displayed but none are showing. Do I need to install one if the lyrics plug-ins? If so which one works best with Mon Rok?

Also I made a account on LAST.FM but none of my played songs are appearing in my profile is thier a plug in for that as well, and if it is the WINAMP plug-in, where do I place it so it works?

Thanks,
Jeff
feppa

Post by feppa »

Swedish translation has been posted to Trix and will be avalible in version 2.3.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@kazadharri - the lyrics panel only shows lyrics that are in the tags, it does not do any kind of searching to find them for you. You need to download the audioscrobbler plugin from last.fm and install that into the Plugins folder in MM, then open MM and go into the plugin options to setup your Last.Fm account.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Thanks for the help...

I am also getting a vbs script error when I make a chenge in the options. it is in line 238 col 15.
bbking

This worked:)

Post by bbking »

i was scowering the web looking for a solution to the anoying box and found your registry suggestion. it worked great

Thanks
Rojer

Post by Rojer »

HEy all,

Still being amazed with how incredible the script is.

One last attempt on the spelling :

It appears that the ' character (see Youssou N'Dour / Sinead O'Connor) triggers an error in "similar" box : script error on lastFM link

I can avoid the error by renaming without the offending character but this will trigger different errors in the "similar artists" box. My best description of the problem would be this :

Renaming youssou n'dour for youssou ndour, will let the similar artists box fills with (pertinent) artists and end the script error. But playing a similar artist will not refer to Youssou n'dour, as the spelling is 'wrong'. With correct spelling in DB, playing a similar artist will show a dead link to db but correct stats.

I don't see how the script could match LastFm special characters : this is how lastFM spells Sinéad O'Connor in its html links :

Code: Select all

Sin%C3%A9ad+O%27Connor 
Sorry I can't be more accurate with the problem; maybe someone will have an idea on how to troubleshoot more precisely.