Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

A_Disciple

Re: Pictures not displaying

Post by A_Disciple »

Fedaykin- wrote:
I had the same problem when I first installed it. I believe the default directory under the MonkeyRok settings is C:\Temp - check to make sure that the directory exists on your computer and create it if it does not. That solved it for me.

Cheers.
Fedaykin -
This was it - pictures now work. Thanks. :lol:
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
snacks

Post by snacks »

Fedaykin-, your a genius. I actually have my music (and it's art) on an external drive - I just used your example and pointed Monkeyrok to that drive - worked perfectly!
Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@djoer - each skin is stored in a folder within the "Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins" folder, you can change the fonts but modifying the "skin.css" stylesheet.

About the album art. I'm glad that creating this folder has fixed the problem, but you shouldn't need to, it should just create it itself if it does not exist. I'll have to take a look at this.

If you use BrowseByArt (or any other script which creates a cache based on the album ID) then you can point MonkeyRok to that script's cache folder and the cache will be shared.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
RedX

Post by RedX »

trixmoto wrote:@djoer - each skin is stored in a folder within the "Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins" folder, you can change the fonts but modifying the "skin.css" stylesheet.

About the album art. I'm glad that creating this folder has fixed the problem, but you shouldn't need to, it should just create it itself if it does not exist. I'll have to take a look at this.

If you use BrowseByArt (or any other script which creates a cache based on the album ID) then you can point MonkeyRok to that script's cache folder and the cache will be shared.
Maybe he doesn't have a C drive? :P
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Hello,

I had the same problem with the missing album art. To solve it, I didn't have to create a 'C:\temp' folder, but I had to open and save the MonkeyRok settings once.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes I've just realised that the line of code which generates the temporary folder is only in the save settings section. In the next version this will also happen when the script runs so this should no longer be an issue.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
snacks

Post by snacks »

Thanks for the help, and like I said the art is showing up nicely - the only weird thing is that everytime I play a song, the art work (the small 50x50 or 100x100 versions) gets copied into my folder - the main folder to which I pointed monkeyrok in the first place. Weird! It's no problem I just delete it all at the end of the day, takes 10 seconds, but I thought that you'd like to know.

Thanks again!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Do you mean the image is not being created in the temporary directory?
snacks

Post by snacks »

Exactly - because to get my artwork to show up in the first place I had to make my external hard drive (where I keep my music) the temp directory. I know it sounds crazy, but it was the only way that my art would show up.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can make the temporary directory anywhere you like. Unfortunately the directory was only created if it didn't exist when you saved the settings, but this will be fixed in the next version. So where is the image being created, and where is your temporary directory?
krishan

Post by krishan »

Here I am to help a bit,

i got the same error as some mentioned above:

error #424 ms vbscript run time error
object required 'web.interf.document.getelementbyid(...)
file monkeyrok.vbs line 414 column 8

That comes from the AutoPlay in tweakmonkeys and can be changed very easyly. I just changed line 414:

Code: Select all

If Not (web Is Nothing) Then
to

If Not (web Is Nothing) And Not (web.Interf.Document.getElementById("onPlayChange_proxy") Is Nothing) Then
It seems, that Document ist still not available while starting up. The line checks, if it exists or does nothing.

Another point: I get the databsae error, too, while clicking on the AlbumArt picture:

There was a problem querying the dtabase:
07002:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

But it only occurs if there is no image set, if i see the question mark. Then the script cannot find any image to display. Still don't know any solution (well, haven't searched yet - just am not clicking the question mark any longer :wink: )
Last edited by krishan on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krishan

Post by krishan »

Now I got it.

If you get follwing error while clicking on the AlbumImage that is a question mark:
krishan wrote: 07002:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.
I had a look in the function PopImage in Scripts\MonkeyRokFunctions.vbs (around line 508).

In line 513 the script checks, if the clicked image is "no_img.jpg", but if I click, img.src contains the whole path, something like "...\skins\basic\no_img.jpg". I therefore changed line 513 from

If img.src = "no_img.jpg" Or img.src = "" Then
to

If Right(img.src,10) = "no_img.jpg" Or img.src = "" Then
Now it exits, if the end from the string is the "no_img.jpg".
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know if this is on your todo list yet, but I would like an option to have MonkeyRok use Album Artist instead of Artist to show Albums from the artist and those featuring the artist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And when Album Artist option should have an exlude list that would result in using the Artist field.

I would want to exclude Various Artists, but a user updateble list probably would be the best.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@krishan - I've already fixed that first problem in version 1.1 but I will also add your second fix. Thanks for taking a look at these.

@Lowlander - I'm trying to keep the number of options down, because this is what oldskool73 wanted, but I will think about adding this one. Although I idea of the script really is to display context information about the current track, so surely the artist of the track is more appropriate?