Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

That's brilliant, I've the script working now.

You know it never ceases to amaze me, the speed with which board members help each other out - thanks for such a speedy response Bex (not to mention such a great script as well!) :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the script!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The manual install ZIP for MM3 isn't exactly necessary. You can open the MMIP with WinRar and extract the VBS as if it was a normal Rar.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, you can also rename the mmip to zip and use winzip. But it's more convenient with a separate download link, especially for novice users.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nojac

Post by nojac »

In the Artists With...section 9 artists are listed with THE-inconsistencies.

But all the "The"-subnodes are empty. (Which does not surprise me, since I concequently delete "The" in front of all artist names.)

For example, the sript tells me I have 34 tracks with White Stripes and 14 tracks with The White Stripes. But in fact I have only 34 tracks with the artist.

Not a big issue, but I suspect a bug somewhere....
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Nojac:

Look at the artists names, the album artists name and the file names, I usually get results when I have discrepancies between the three.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nojac

Post by nojac »

No "The" in Artist, Album Artist or file name. "White Stripes" everywhere except on 14 tracks (one album) with file names without artist name. ("07 Track Title.mp3" - iTunes style)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Are you using MM3 with TI2.8?

If so, do you have "The White Stripes" in some Composer/Lyricist fields? Reason I ask is because, I just noticed that the script appears once again to be comparing Artists with Composers/Lyricists. I think it stems from a bug reported here regarding the Maintain Library function.
nojac

Post by nojac »

You are 100% right, Mizery_Made.

All my 9 artists turn out to have "The ...." in the Composers field.

Thank you! (As you might have seen, I already have 3 messages in that Composer bug thread....)
Bex

Post by Bex »

For me this works fine but I guess your problems will be fixed in the next release of MM3,

All My Scripts
popper

"Exclude folders" does not seem to work

Post by popper »

Hi Bex,

thanks a lot for this wonderful script. It helps a lot with managing a music library!

There is one problem I have been encountering since several versions now: i cannot get the "Exclude folders" to work:

- I define them in the Options dialog (e.g. D:\music\misc\ ) and check the check box in front of them.
- When I then open e.g. the "Albums with Multiple Years", it gives me several songs that are in a subdirectory of that folder, e.g. "D:\music\misc\_1\Guano Apes - Lords Of The Boards.mp3"

Perhaps it has something to do with the underscore i am using in some pathnames? I made a cross check, but it also occurs on path names without underscores.

I am using MM3 RC1 ("Free Edition").

thanks,
popper.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks,

I have to check why the "Exclude folders" doesn't work. It's actually one thing I didn't test in the MM3 version of the script. (Even though I changed the code so it should work.)

Has anyone got the "Exclude folders" to work properly in the latest version?

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Popper,
I didn't really find anything that could explain why it doesn't work for you. (I found a small bug which shouldn't affect you.)
But the method I use will fail sometimes if you have changed the driveletter of a HD already in MM.
Read here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13056
Is that the case for you?

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 2.9 (2007-11-08) [MM3 only]
- Added Album Artist, Composer, Conductor and Lyricist to all "Artist" nodes.
- Added possibility to configure "AND words" which should be treated as AND in the AND Inconsistencies node
- Fixed a small bug with folder exclusion

This is a bit experimental change of the Artist nodes. Please check it out and provide feedback and change suggestions.
Btw, "AND words" is supposed to be words like versus featuring presents etc. You add the words in the options.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
popper

Post by popper »

Bex wrote:Popper,
I didn't really find anything that could explain why it doesn't work for you. (I found a small bug which shouldn't affect you.)
But the method I use will fail sometimes if you have changed the driveletter of a HD already in MM.
Read here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13056
Is that the case for you?
Well, my database is indeed quite old (holds usage data since 2003) and my music collection has been moved several times from HD to HD with changing the media ID directly in the database. Perhaps sometime during these moves, the column "driveletter" was inadvertently set to 0.
I tried it out with a fresh database and there it gave me a 3. So I changed it to 3 in my original database and - voilá - now it works!
Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.