Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Muther

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.8.2 (2008-05-21) [MM2&3]

Post by Muther »

Hello, Love the script! between this and regexp I can pick at my tags forever......LOL

I do have a request though would it be possible to add a lyrics node? I would like to see it find things like
  • Double line spacing and or multiple (\n\r)
    no or very little line spacing (\n\r)
    Those special characters that replace the apostrophe sometimes (sometimes even a small square?)
    Tab notations
    multiple dashes
    underscores
    All caps
    No or incomplete caps
    Extra spaces before, between or after words
    Web addresses
    Parenthesis or brackets in the first line
    Variations of the term "Instrumental"

Just a thought but I think this would be helpful (at least to me...LOL) for formating the lyrics, I like to be to display them and think it's important for them to look consistent

Thanks for creating such a useful script!
gege

Post by gege »

Muther wrote:Just a thought but I think this would be helpful (at least to me...LOL) for formating the lyrics...
I'm sure it would be useful for me too!
Bex

Post by Bex »

@ Muther
I don't use lyrics but If you mail me some small sized tracks which has the "errors" you describe (1-2 tracks per error), I'll see what I can do.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Muther

Post by Muther »

Bex wrote:@ Muther
I don't use lyrics but If you mail me some small sized tracks which has the "errors" you describe (1-2 tracks per error), I'll see what I can do.
would it be ok to just extract the lyrics to a text file and send those? cause the file would end up pretty big otherwise.
Bex

Post by Bex »

No I really would like to have the tracks. But you can just copy a very small track, that you have, multiple times and add different lyrics to the copies. In this case it doesn't matter that the lyrics doesn't match the track.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Muther

Post by Muther »

Thats cool, I found a free program called http://www.mptrim.com/ (cool little widget) and trimmed them all down to 10 second bites and I'll include the text files with comments to help explain what I'm talking about.... Sometimes it isn't too clear.... LMAO :o

It may take a little bit to put it all together but I'll zip it all up and send it off to ya later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look at it, I can just imagine what a pain it must be to do all this stuff, I appreciate your talents more than you could know (You and all the other coders as well)

By the way "Don't use Lyrics"??? How do you find songs you don't know the title of? I'm always searching for that song by "so and so" that goes kinda like "hum hum go and get meat, and hum hum frying pan"........ :lol:
Muther

Post by Muther »

Hey Bex,

I got that file all zipped up but don't know and cant find your email address...... all zipped up and no place to go hahahah!
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Hellooo!

I find these two strange.

First is under Persons With... Non-Letter Inconsistencies

Second under Persons With... Number Inconsistencies
Bex

Post by Bex »

What's the caption of the nodes (i.e. the subnodes)? They should give you info on what fields you need to check.

All My Scripts
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

I found an 1 and a 5 in the lyricist-field. That explain everything. Boy I feel stupid.
Bex

Post by Bex »

No worries!

All My Scripts
sommo

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you Bex, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Not "exactly" a tagging inconsistency - but this would be very useful:

an indicator (probably in tracks) that shows very long path/filenames. I've run into issues where they are near the "maximum" (whatever that really is), and when reading over a network, mediamonkey can't handle it, whereas locally it can. (probably because the local is D:\xyzzyLONG.mp3 whereas network is \\netcomputer\other\xyzzyLONG.mp3 (beep! no workie))

But basically, a field like this would be a good 'warning indicator' that maybe you should figure out how to make the filename shorter.

Obviously the length it currently is would be helpful - but, (and if I'm reaching too far, ignore this) - there are really three parts to the filename according to mediamonkey - main directory, subdirector(ies), and filename - some way to see all three plus the total would be great.

And yes, as I wrote that, I realized that's probably too much - but at least a list of path/filenames greater than "x" would be useful.
Last edited by Seeker on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I'd suggest you see if you can use MagicNodes for this. It should be able to give you a node with long paths.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

onenonymous wrote:I'd suggest you see if you can use MagicNodes for this. It should be able to give you a node with long paths.
Maybe so - I'll see if I can construct something - I don't remember length bits, but they're probably in the pdf.

Still - long file names might be a good "inconsistency" to track - since most of the inconsistencies could be tracked with magic nodes.