Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

baker

Post by baker »

It must have been me. I tagged a bunch last night wo a problem. And I see what you mean about multiple tags. Didn't know that was possible. Here's another idea then. How about putting an option in to limit the number of tags to the top X amount?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll add it to my list! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

I'm new to MM. I downloaded GenreFinder25.zip from your website. Opening the ZIP file reveals 5 files: uninstall.vbs, uninstall.ini, install.ini, GenreFinder.vbs, and App.ico. I'm generally familiar with how to install scripts in MM but am puzzled as to how I should install this addon. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It should not be .zip, it should be .mmip. MMIP is MediaMonkey Installation Package and double clicking it should run MM3 and install the extension automatically. You do not need to extract the package yourself! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Anonymous wrote:I'm new to MM. I downloaded GenreFinder25.zip from your website. Opening the ZIP file reveals 5 files: uninstall.vbs, uninstall.ini, install.ini, GenreFinder.vbs, and App.ico. I'm generally familiar with how to install scripts in MM but am puzzled as to how I should install this addon. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem with my computer(s), I think there is a default somewhere that I must change. But if you change the extension from zip to mmip, and then double click it, it will install as it should.

PS: If anyone knows how I can change this default, I would greatly appreciate it. I am running Vista.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

Post by Guest »

Ah, WinXP SR2 was also changing the extension to ZIP. I now have it installed but I'm getting a lot of "no suggested changes" for tracks with "other" or "miscellaneous". Some may be obscure artists/tracks but certainly not most so I'm assuming I'm still doing something wrong. Any suggestions or ideas? In the meantime I'm going to reread the thread from the beginning again in case I missed something.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the message indicates that no information could be found to match your list criteria. Try setting the log level higher and checking the logfile, it should help explain why you're not getting any results.
baker

Post by baker »

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Post by Guest »

Here's an example for 1 song:

Runmode:tracks
Suggestions...
>Controller
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/track/ ... optags.xml
>Response
2 Unlimited - Get Ready for This: Genre=[Unknown]
>ClearUp
Seconds:0.48
Queries:1
Queries\Sec:0.48
Confirmation...

I'm guessing that the source database is just missing a lot of my tracks and can't determine the genre. Guess I'll have to manually search allmusic for those. Anyway, thanks for a nice product. It will be useful for the tracks that are in the database.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.6) is now available to download from my website. Unfortunately the artist and album modes are still not available in MM3, but the changes I have made include...

- Added extra custom fields
- Added possibility to use automatic whitelist from another field
- Added possibility to use wildcard (%) in list modifications
- Added option to use first number of results only
- Fixed problem with multiple automatic whitelists

For example, I could use "Custom5" as the field and have a whitelist of "*Genre" which would then allow all the values currently in the genre field.

You can then amend this as before, such as "*Genre-Pop+Rock", but now if you want to include all types of pop you could use "*Genre+%Pop" which would allow for example "Pop", "Rock/Pop" and "BritPop" but not "Pop\Rock". You can put the % wildcard at the beginning or the end of a string, but not both, and not in the middle. To achieve both you could do "*Genre+%Pop+Pop%".
baker

Post by baker »

YES!! Thanks for incorporating my suggestions, Trix. Gracias!

PS. Just a reminder. For the Artist mode, if you could add the ability to check the library first before checking LastFM it would be perfect.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

trixmoto wrote:New version (2.6) is now available to download from my website. Unfortunately the artist and album modes are still not available in MM3, but the changes I have made include...
Looks like there's a problem with the installer. I did a clean install of your script using the installer, script didn't show in MM3. I did a quick look at the scripts.ini file and noted that the installer did not configure the scripts.ini file. I had to copy and paste from the .vbs (per the comments).
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

bob61 wrote:
trixmoto wrote:New version (2.6) is now available to download from my website. Unfortunately the artist and album modes are still not available in MM3, but the changes I have made include...
Looks like there's a problem with the installer. I did a clean install of your script using the installer, script didn't show in MM3. I did a quick look at the scripts.ini file and noted that the installer did not configure the scripts.ini file. I had to copy and paste from the .vbs (per the comments).
I tried it with a clean install on my laptop and it worked for me, what steps did you take?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
bob61

Post by bob61 »

nynaevelan wrote:
bob61 wrote:
I tried it with a clean install on my laptop and it worked for me, what steps did you take?

Nyn
No steps - just clicked on the file after it downloaded and let the installer do it's thing.... Found that similar issue was raise previously in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22935
Last edited by bob61 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

trixmoto wrote: For example, I could use "Custom5" as the field and have a whitelist of "*Genre" which would then allow all the values currently in the genre field.

You can then amend this as before, such as "*Genre-Pop+Rock", but now if you want to include all types of pop you could use "*Genre+%Pop" which would allow for example "Pop", "Rock/Pop" and "BritPop" but not "Pop\Rock". You can put the % wildcard at the beginning or the end of a string, but not both, and not in the middle. To achieve both you could do "*Genre+%Pop+Pop%".
Wow.... I've been through this thread and the whole whitelist, blacklist and usage mentioned above still isn't clear to me. Anyone have a primer 101 on this feature, looks very powerful but just not grasping how the configuration should be set-up. In simplest format I've set to Genre as White and put * input box :oops: