Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Mod. Magic Nodes 1.7.7 w/ installer & 50 masks [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Robokopi wrote:if i leave

Code: Select all

|Child of:Library|Position:Last child>

out, i habe a valid entry
Sorry, I didn't checked suggested masks. There is one unwanted closing bracket (>) on the end of global qualifiers in all incorrect masks.
Robokopi wrote:for saving some space, can i sort the albums like above, but hide the year? now it says: "2008 - XYZ"
You should add Sort key:0 to the Album node. For example, here is one correct mask:

Artist|Show tracks:No|Child of:Artist\<artist|trim:1>\<artist>\<album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Sort key:0>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

thanks. finally it worked without th ">".

two things, which don't work in the new created nodes.

1.) Bands with praefix "the" are not summed up under "T" but under the first letter of their main name ALTHOUGH I have unchecked "ignore praefixes when sorting by artist".

2.) The Track Browser doesn't show any genre, artist, song. it's only working with the original nodes.

are their solutions to solve these probs?

thanks
hhggrr

Post by hhggrr »

hhggrr wrote:Been trying to create a new node unsuccesfully. What I am trying to achieve is to generate a list of artists in my library with just one song ... perhaps by genre. Any help with this would be appreciated.
No help? :(
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

try to use this one as a start

One Hit Wonders|Show tracks:No\<Artist|Max tracks:5>
reduce the track-number to 1

edit: i think, this should be yours

One Hit Wonders sort by Genre|show tracks:no|Child of:Library|Position:Last child\<genre|trim:1>\<genre>\<artist|max tracks:1>
if you want it without a-z in the first sub-structur, take this one

One Hit Wonders sort by Genre|show tracks:no|Child of:Library|Position:Last child\<genre>\<artist|max tracks:1>
if you want to increase the track number, do it with the last number.
hhggrr

Post by hhggrr »

Thank you very much Robokopi; that's exactly what I needed.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Robokopi wrote:1.) Bands with praefix "the" are not summed up under "T" but under the first letter of their main name ALTHOUGH I have unchecked "ignore praefixes when sorting by artist".
Yeah, you are right. I suppose this bug nobody reported because nobody wants such thing as you want. Anyway, you could manually edit the Magic Nodes script e.g. with the Notepad and put a comment character in the front of the line 107 like this:

'Articles(0) = "The"
Robokopi wrote:2.) The Track Browser doesn't show any genre, artist, song. it's only working with the original nodes.
I think that I answered already to this question more than ten times, so I should put this in the FAQ section. The Track Browser doesn't work with the user scripts because MM developers didn't exposed necessary API functions for such thing. Please folks, make one big petition to the MM developers and ask them for this. This could be a starting point:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=19234
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

ZvezdanD wrote:Yeah, you are right. I suppose this bug nobody reported because nobody wants such thing as you want. Anyway, you could manually edit the Magic Nodes script e.g. with the Notepad and put a comment character in the front of the line 107 like this:

'Articles(0) = "The"
what is the name of the file? i don't now where to look for it.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Robokopi wrote:what is the name of the file? i don't now where to look for it.
c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.vbs
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Robokopi wrote:what is the name of the file? i don't now where to look for it.
c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.vbs
thanks. found. ;)

i put the code in line 107. now it looks like.

'%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
'                       Field Definitions
'%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
[color=#FF0040]'Articles(0) = "The"[/color]

'Retrieve Custom Field Headings

Function CustomField(i)
    CustomField = SDB.IniFile.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld" & i & "Name")
End Function

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[/quote]

nothing changed. i suppose it's the wrong place, but "proton", which i use, showed me that file as 107.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Robokopi wrote:i put the code in line 107.
nothing changed. i suppose it's the wrong place
Well, it was that line in the 1.7.6, but it is a line 93 in the 1.7.7 version. Anyway, you should comment or delete the next line which is near to the begin of the script:

Articles(0) = "The"
Another solution is to leave checked option mentioned before (Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist) and to remove "The" from the text box next to this option, but you should enter some non-existing prefix (there is a bug in the script because of this text box cannot be empty if you check on mentioned option).

Sorry, but currently I cannot publish a new revision of this script because of some technical problems with hardware.
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Robokopi wrote: Another solution is to leave checked option mentioned before (Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist) and to remove "The" from the text box next to this option, but you should enter some non-existing prefix (there is a bug in the script because of this text box cannot be empty if you check on mentioned option).
that worked. thanks
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

Here's a question that I know must have been answered but I can't find it:

I recently got into furthering my use of MagicNodes (1.7.7) and have been setting up some custom nodes, and I am having problems getting the nodes where I want them... I will kind of give an abstract version of what I am doing as the nodes work, and the problem I think is rather basic.

I have set up two groups (I love this feature by the way) with about 3 nodes in each group.

The first group I set up was something like this:

<Group|Name:Album Artist Nodes|Child of:Artist|....>\Node 1\                 
<Group|Name:Album Artist Nodes|Child of:Artist|....>\Node 2\
etc.
The second group was similar:

<Group|Name:Song Artist Nodes|Child of:Artist|....>\Node 1\                 
<Group|Name:Song Artist Nodes|Child of:Artist|....>\Node 2\
etc.
i.e. the only difference was the name of the Group (and slight variations on the nodes).

My problem is that when I created the second group it got put above the first group since they were both "Child of:Artist". I wanted the second group to be second though.

In the past I could go into the [Custom Nodes] section of the ini and rearrange them, but when I tried to do that this time it either:

1. left them in the same order (I did try to change the mask numbers) or
2. failed to show some of sub-nodes for the group.

I am guessing that there is some special syntax or ordering that must be followed in the ini file? or can anyone offer guidance on how to get the nodes where I'd like them (i.e. once they are the "Child of" the same node, e.g. Artists).

How important are the mask numbers in the ini? Do they define the order they will show up in the Tree?

I want to especially emphasize that I am trying to do this outside of the MagicNodes Node as I am trying to integrate / redefine the main tree.

I didn't get a chance to play around with things much as it was late when i tried to see about re-organizing, but I'd like to try again tonight and get an understanding so that I can rearrange Nodes if I need to without having to delete and recreate them.
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

emalvick wrote:
My problem is that when I created the second group it got put above the first group since they were both "Child of:Artist". I wanted the second group to be second though.
you have to add the child "position" behind the "child of" qualifier. if you would have looked sime lines above, then you would have found the code i gave to hhggrr. there you can see:

Child of:Library|Position:Last child
instead of "last" you can take "first", then you will have your order changed.

what I don't know is, what to do if you have more than 3 groups, i.g. when you have 4 groups and you want one of them on position 2 or 3. Are there other qualifiers than "first" and "last"?
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

Robokopi wrote:
emalvick wrote:

Child of:Library|Position:Last child
instead of "last" you can take "first", then you will have your order changed.

what I don't know is, what to do if you have more than 3 groups, i.g. when you have 4 groups and you want one of them on position 2 or 3. Are there other qualifiers than "first" and "last"?
Thanks, but according to the manual, the first and last can't be used with "Child of: Artist". It works for the example you give, which I was aware of, but I guess the After and Before could be used with the "Child of: Artist", but what if I want them both After the parent node?
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

As an update to myself. I was just playing around with the Mediamonkey.ini file and the [CustomNodeMasks] section. I set up 3 test groups (Test1, Test2, and Test3) with 3 nodes in each group (9 masks total).

Once I had them setup, I tried renumbering the masks. First I changed the numbers around on just 2 of the groups (6 masks), and that was actually successful. However, the next time I tried to renumber the masks, it didn't make a difference. Perhaps if I cut them from the file, saved, then pasted them back in (perhaps restarting MM in the middle) would work.

However, I did find (and I feel a bit silly about it) that I could just use the choose tree nodes options to shift the groups up and down as I wanted. I am not sure how permanent that is, but it seems to be working after starting and restopping a couple of times and even creating a new node or two.

I guess if that is the case, the whole need for numbered masks and their order isn't as important.