Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Nova5

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by Nova5 »

Explains why it can't handle the TV tree I'm trying to build. Can't get it to read the Season tag, tried Disk Number instead, supposing its the same. Shows a Broken icon on the tree at that Tag/point. Needs an Update unless I'm doing something wrong.

Can't seem to find a way to build things under a collection I added, that way I'd have a "clean" slate to start from.

TV and Movies
-TV
--Series
---SubSeries(Custom X) (CSI, Star Trek, Stargate, etc)
----Season
-Movie
--Title
---Alpha
--Genre
---Title
----Alpha
--Year
---Title
----Alpha
--Actor
---Title
----Alpha
---Genre
----Title
-----Alpha
---Year
----Title
-----Alpha

Post by Guest »

I'm using magic Nodes to help me create reports that show the last 200 songs that were modified in my library. The thing I can't figure out is if magic nodes is able to narrow this search down by showing ONLY the last 200 songs where the GENRE field was modified. It looks like now it's showing the last 200 songs in which any metadata field was modified. Is this possible with magic nodes and what am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Mizery_Made

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.5 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-06-22)[M

Post by Mizery_Made »

ZvezdanD wrote:Yes, I have a plan to add a possibility to specify Collection in which some node should be located. In fact, it would be just replacing the existing "MM filter" with the "Collection" dropdown list and adding the accordingly modified code. However, this means that you cannot have filtered tracks in the Magic Nodes branch anymore (or any other branch that is not the corresponding Collection). So, the nodes in the Magic Nodes branch and other branches not located into some collection would have the same filtering as the Entire Library, i.e. no filter at all (well, they still could have MN's SQL filters which are more flexible then built-in MM filters anyway). There wouldn't be a possibility to place one Magic node to all collections, only to one specified collection, but you could create multiple identical Magic nodes with only difference in the new Collection option.
Is there no way of scripting this ability? I've found myself mildly annoyed in the past when I've created a new collection and then go to use it, only to remember "Oh yeah, I don't have those MagicNodes I use all the time in this collection".
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.5 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-06-22)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

Mizery_Made wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:There wouldn't be a possibility to place one Magic node to all collections, only to one specified collection, but you could create multiple identical Magic nodes with only difference in the new Collection option.
Is there no way of scripting this ability?
I suppose it could be possible to do that, but it would require too much of programing work for something that users already could do by using multiple masks/nodes as I explained.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Okay, then is there any way for it to see the "same" node under different collections as unique nodes? I find that to add the "same" node to a different collection than the Entire Library, I have to add a caption to get it to go through, otherwise it just asks me to update the other nodes entry.

IE, have to use:
Album Artist with Date|Icon:Top level|Child of:Artist\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Date)>
Album Artist with Date (Unrated)|Icon:Top level|Child of:Artist|MM filter:Unrated Albums\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Date)>

instead of being able to do:
Album Artist with Date|Icon:Top level|Child of:Artist\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Date)>
Album Artist with Date|Icon:Top level|Child of:Artist|MM filter:Unrated Albums\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Date)>

Or am I going about this all wrong?
sallenson

Classical Composition Date: OCD needs Magic Nodes help

Post by sallenson »

Hi,

Here's what I'd like to do. I'm going through an exercise of tagging all my Classical music with multiple genres (around 3 deep), e.g. "Classical; Mediaeval; Chant". That's time-consuming but fine. And I've adjusted a Magic Node to break that down nicely for me.

I've also set Custom Field 2 as "Composition Date" (i.e. the date when the each piece was either written or published). OCD alert, right?

Ultimately each classical track will have multiple genres and a Composition Date.

What I'd like to do (and here my Magic Node "skills" evaporate) is:

Create a node called "Classical Composition Date" which combines grouped Composition Date and Genres:

Classical Composition Date
0-999 [i.e. Millennium]
1000-1999
2000 onwards

Within each milennium, to be able to expand to show century

1000-1999
- 1000 to 1099
- 1100 to 1199
- etc

Within each century, to be able to expand to show decade

1000 - 1999
- 1000 - 1099
- 1000 - 1009
- 1010 - 1019
- etc.

Within each decade, to be able to expand to show year. Hopefully self explanatory. It's just a nested set of "date buckets" based on my Composition Date field value.

But at each level (millennium, century, decade, year) I'd like to be able to be able to show Classical sub-genres within the same tree structure (since each track will have its own Composition Date and set of genres).

At this point my head starts to feel a bit funny, because I can't work out how the expansions will look or work out.

Anybody done anything similar or have any smart coding ideas? Or should I seek psychiatric help?

Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Peter023

Magic Nodes Not Appearing

Post by Peter023 »

Hi,

I'm new - I apologize. I've installed MagicNodes and made my first 4 or 5 successfully, however when I went to create the next one, I completed the screen and hit Add, no node appeared.

Specifically, what I added was called Album Artist. I positioned it to be After Location and selected the single field, Album Artist. I clicked Add. Nothing happened. When I bring up the Magic Nodes Settings screen, it is filled out just as I left it. When I clear it and enter the data again from scratch, it tells me that the node I'm trying to create already exists and would I like to update it. I do, and nothing happens again. I'm sure that I'm misunderstanding something very rudimentary, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Peter
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

I am not sure which 'version' of Magic Nodes I am using.

I greatly appreciate this feature of MM - as I use it a LOT to help organize my files.

I have two questions..

1. Is there any way to 'assign' a specific position a Magic Node script has in the magic node tree?
I always want my latest magic node that i edit to be listed first (and then I move it to a different folder later)

2. I have TWO scripts I created (adapted from other scripts that someone posted, so the idea is not mine), but
I do not have the skills to know how to make them work IDEALLY. I want a script that LISTS song titles that have 'common misspellings' in them.

Here are the two that I have now. They are limited in what 'misspellings' they find as I want to learn how to create the right format before I go adding more 'typos' to the list.

Here are some 'hopes' in getting the node to work.
1. Only one 'combined' script, as I do not know which format is best.
2. Allow the typos to find the typos at the beginning, end or in the middle of the title.
3. Allow only the specify entry - IE - aint but NOT saint or abd but not abduction, etc.
4. Here is the BIG hope - allow me to have a input field where I can just ADD new words to the list

MISSpelled Titles|Position:First child|Filter:<Title> Like '%abd %' OR <Title> Like '% abd%' OR <Title> Like '% adn%' OR <Title> Like '%cant %' OR <Title> Like '% cant %' OR <Title> Like '%colour%' OR <Title> Like '%dont%' OR <Title> Like '%youre%'

<Group|Name:Title MISSPELLS...|Show tracks:No>\MISSPELLS In title|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: im | aint>

Thank you for your time in advance
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Hi Peter,
maybe your node is in another collection then where you expect is? You can define this in the top of the Magic Nodes settings screen (for each node).
Regards, Willy
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

I have another Magic Node editing request.

I have Magic Node script that currently is OK, but I want to add a 'field' exception.

The script finds a list of all of the 'weird characters' i do not want in my titles, but there are a few 'exceptions' to this rule. So in order to ID them I have put 'zzOK' in the Genre field, so that I know the
'weird value' is OK. But I would rather that once I put the value zzOK in the Genre field it will no longer appear in the Magic Node search. So I tried to ad an exemption, but I got an error.

Here is the working script

<Group|Name:Title WEIRD Chars...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring WEIRD Chars In title|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: feat. | FT |featuring |acoustic) (demo|okay|vs. |w/|w/ |,,| ,|/|duet |feat |feat.|0,|,0|n' |' | '|"|~|!|`|´|@|#|$|%|^|&|*|=|_|+|?|()| )|( |]|[|}|{|À|Á|Â|Ã|Ä|Å|Æ|Ç|È|É|Ê|Ë|Ì|Í|Î|Ï|Ñ|Ò|Ó|Ô|Õ|à|ã|ä|å|è|é|ð|ñ|ò|ó|ô|õ|ö|ù|ú|ü|°|presents >

Here is what I tried by adding an SQL query to the script above but it created an error. I do not know how to edit it correctly

Here is my 'error' script

<Group|Name:Title WEIRD Chars...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring WEIRD Chars In title|Icon:Top level|Filter:AND Genres.GenreName <> 'zzOk' AND Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong AND GenresSongs.IDGenre = Genres.IDGenre\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: feat. | FT |featuring |acoustic) (demo|okay|vs. |w/|w/ |,,| ,|/|duet |feat |feat.|0,|,0|n' |' | '|"|~|!|`|´|@|#|$|%|^|&|*|=|_|+|?|()| )|( |]|[|}|{|À|Á|Â|Ã|Ä|Å|Æ|Ç|È|É|Ê|Ë|Ì|Í|Î|Ï|Ñ|Ò|Ó|Ô|Õ|à|ã|ä|å|è|é|ð|ñ|ò|ó|ô|õ|ö|ù|ú|ü|°|presents >

I am also still looking for help with my other Magic Node request two posts above
zephyr

STRICT find tracks with title x y

Post by zephyr »

Hi Geniuses!

So I'm in my entire library, and I've got LOTS of songs with titles <tracknumber#> <title>

I'd like to sort this, so I'm going to run an Extract Fields op (thanks Steegy!)

I'm picking the tracks in groups, excluding those who will run in a subsequent operation, ie <tracknumber#>) <title>

Is there a way of using Magic Nodes to see these different traclists, for batch tag operations?

I have many scenarios I imagine will crop up. Earlier I was auto-tagging from filename unknown Babyshambles songs from path <artist>\<skip>\<skip>\<track#> <title>.... but let's start with tracks with no track # with 'dubious titles'

thanks in advance!!

Jonny
Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

don't mind 10 times but tired already! so there is a use for this functionality. hopefully I've made myself clear(er), for a change

Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

so far so good... I <3 MM and it's dev guru community :D

Grateful noob
zephyr

album artist with < 5 tracks

Post by zephyr »

Hi

How can I change

<Group|Name:Artists...|Show tracks:No>\Artists with 5 tracks or less (One-hit wonders)|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Playlist> = 'staticTrim'\<Artist|Max tracks:5>

so that it returns the relevant info for 'rare' album artists?

THANKS

Jonny
Grateful noob