Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by ZvezdanD »

Viper21 wrote:The problem is that any track that is performed by 2 or more artists is listed as a unique artist and is excluded from other playlist tracks when just one artist (the first in the string) is selected.
Your examples don't have multiple artists, e.g. "Queen feat. Elton John" is actually a single artist. If you want to treat these as multiple artists you should specify them as "Queen; Elton John".

If you want to keep the existing format with the specified type of collaboration, maybe you could try this mask:

Code: Select all

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:No>\1 Random Main Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library\<Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show rank:Yes|Left of: feat. |featuring |vs. |pres. |presents |with >
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Thanks ZvezdanD for your speedy response.
ZvezdanD wrote:
Viper21 wrote:The problem is that any track that is performed by 2 or more artists is listed as a unique artist and is excluded from other playlist tracks when just one artist (the first in the string) is selected.
Your examples don't have multiple artists, e.g. "Queen feat. Elton John" is actually a single artist. If you want to treat these as multiple artists you should specify them as "Queen; Elton John".
I prefer to keep the current format.
ZvezdanD wrote:If you want to keep the existing format with the specified type of collaboration, maybe you could try this mask:

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:No>\1 Random Main Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library\<Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show rank:Yes|Left of: feat. |featuring |vs. |pres. |presents |with >
This is not quite doing the trick. For example, it shows all of the following tracks together in the same node, but none of the tracks that Queen performed on their own (just as "Queen"):
- Queen feat. Elton John - Track 2
- Queen with George Michael - Track 3
- Queen & Sting - Track 4

-Viper21
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Viper21 wrote:This is not quite doing the trick. For example, it shows all of the following tracks together in the same node, but none of the tracks that Queen performed on their own (just as "Queen")
There is a missing space character in the front of the string separators. It should be:

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:No>\1 Random Main Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library\<Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show rank:Yes|Left of: feat. | featuring | vs. | pres. | presents | with >
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Viper21 wrote:This is not quite doing the trick. For example, it shows all of the following tracks together in the same node, but none of the tracks that Queen performed on their own (just as "Queen")
There is a missing space character in the front of the string separators. It should be:

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:No>\1 Random Main Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library\<Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show rank:Yes|Left of: feat. | featuring | vs. | pres. | presents | with >
SWEET! Works great. I even added "&" so that tracks like "Queen & Whoever" are included with "Queen" tracks.

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:No>\1 Random Main Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library\<Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show rank:Yes|Left of: feat. | featuring | vs. | pres. | presents | with | &>
Thanks a million. :D
-Viper21
r0k

Post by r0k »

Hello.
I have a custom field that can hold several values for the different formats i have of a track (CD, Ripped MP3, bought MP3) and of course a single track can have several different values (CD and Ripped MP3 for instance)
I'm trying to make a magic node that can display each track in every available format so the above example would appear both in the Ripped MP3 subnode and in the Physical CD subnode. I tried using the split property, but i can't find a way to have the track displayed in both nodes, it will only appear in the first one. I tried to use "All parts", "Categories" and several other variations of the split propery but none of them seem to do the trick. :-?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

r0k wrote:I tried to use "All parts", "Categories" and several other variations of the split propery but none of them seem to do the trick. :-?
How exactly looks your custom field and how exactly looks your mask? What character are you using as a separator between different values?
r0k

Post by r0k »

Here is an exemple of the custom field

CD original; Ogg RIP
Here is my mask

<Group|Name:Champs personnalisés>\Type de Média|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|MM filter:Maintenance|Position:Last child\<Type de media|Show if empty:Yes|Split by:;>\<Album>
In this case the given exemple will only show in "CD original" subnode and not in "Ogg RIP"
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

r0k wrote:Here is an exemple of the custom field

CD original; Ogg RIP
Then your Split by string shouldn't be ";" but "; ".
r0k

Post by r0k »

Thanks. I didn't even noticed the space after the semicolon.
It was tagged using custom fields tagger and for whatever reason the separator was set to include a space in the script preferences.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I cannot choose any colection. Is there any condiition that needs to be satisfied to be able to choose one or there's a problem with the script.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

aprzybylo wrote:I cannot choose any colection. Is there any condiition that needs to be satisfied to be able to choose one or there's a problem with the script.
You first need to select some node which is a child of collection in the second Position dropdown list, e.g. Location, Artist, Album, Genre, Year, Rating, VirtualCD, Previews, Classification, FilesToEdit or Library. MagicNodes and other nodes from the Position list are outside of any collection.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

OK I see. Still doesn't work. I mean the songs are diplayed correctly (i.e. those who are not in the collection don't show) but they count when I run SQL statement. Example if I use incomplete album node and I have album of 9 songs but have one extra that has not track# set"

Track0
1.Track1
9.Track9

This is shown in incomplete album since number of songs is differnet then max track#. However if I set collection that doesn't include first song everything should be fine and album should be complete. But it's not what happens. This album is still incomplete inside collection but it shows only 9 songs (not the first one). I would expect that album to be complete inside my new collection.

Also I have one more question. I rank albums based on average rating, however if the songs are not rated the avg is based only on rated songs. example IO have album of 10 songs only one rated at 5stars the avg will be 5. Any way to make it 5/10 since I don't rate the others as I want them to have 0 stars value (Don't want to use bomp as this is not compatible with itunes that I use at the same time)

thanks a lot
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

aprzybylo wrote:Still doesn't work.
It works fine.
aprzybylo wrote:Example if I use incomplete album node and I have album of 9 songs but have one extra that has not track# set
I don't see any problem here and if problem exists it is unrelated to collections, but to specific mask. That mask contains SQL code which counts tracks to be able to find complete albums. If some album has some track without assigned track #, that album is considered as incomplete not matter to which collection that track belongs.
aprzybylo wrote:if the songs are not rated the avg is based only on rated songs. example IO have album of 10 songs only one rated at 5stars the avg will be 5. Any way to make it 5/10 since I don't rate the others as I want them to have 0 stars value
No, there is no way to display rating as that without modification of the script. Anyway, some users consider unrated tracks as if they have 2.5 stars, so in your example the average rating should be (5 + 9 * 2.5) / 10 = 2.75, but not 5 / 10 as you suggest.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

Regarding collections I don't think I agree and I have simple example to illustrate. I develop magic node that lists all albums of any artist at condition that I have at least 3 albums of that artist. Now let say I have pink Floyd albums 3 from 70s and one from 80 s. I run so pink Floyd will of course appear with all 4 albums. Now I define 2 collections. One for 70s and one for 80s. My magic node will give me pink Floyd in both collections with 3 albums listed in collection 70s ok here but only 1 album listed in collection 80s. Since magic node specifies that I need at least 3 albums I don't think I should see pink Floyd at all inside collection 80s
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

As for ratings I understand each one has each own preference. I'll try to modify that part of script to fit my needs. Thanks a lot for the answer