iPlaylist Importer 1.6 - Updated 25/05/2008

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Skippy

Error

Post by Skippy »

Please help with this error

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Chr'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\iPlaylistImporter.vbs", Line: 264, Column:10
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Strange, that means that one of the characters can't be converted properly, but there's loads of checks in there should invalid characters shouldn't get that far. Maybe you could email me your xml file so I can test it myself?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cmiller1

Import Help Please

Post by cmiller1 »

I downloaded the script, exported the playlist from ITunes in XML format to my destop, the imported the playlist into MM. The playlist is there in MM and so are the songs, but when I clcik on a song it doesn't play. The text goes from black to grey.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that the track could not be found, presumably. Does the path in the track properties match where you'd expect the track to be?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cmiller1

Post by cmiller1 »

trixmoto wrote:This means that the track could not be found, presumably. Does the path in the track properties match where you'd expect the track to be?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

When I go to Tools, Scripts, IPlaylist Importer, it asks me where I want to find the playlist. I selected Desktop, where I exported it to from ITunes and click "open". Again, it all shows up in MM but when I click on any of the songs the text goes from black to grey, the song doesn't play.

Thanks for your help! Is there another way to import purchased songs from ITunes to MM?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, if they are purchased songs then MM might not be able to play them, I'm not sure. What I was asking was for you to look at the track properties and see if the filename is correct.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Oh, if they are purchased songs then MM might not be able to play them, I'm not sure. What I was asking was for you to look at the track properties and see if the filename is correct.
I think I understand. It shows that the filepath in MM is still in my ITunes C Drive. Is that the problem?

Post by Guest »

What kind of file it this? HHCY.m4p

This is what the file type is when in and taken from ITunes. I'm assuming this is the problem?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If your music is still in your "ITunes C Drive" then this is where the properties in MM should be pointing. I have no idea what an M4P file is though, an ITunes playlist maybe?

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:If your music is still in your "ITunes C Drive" then this is where the properties in MM should be pointing. I have no idea what an M4P file is though, an ITunes playlist maybe?
The m4p I found out is a right protected file used by ITunes. I'm assuming it has to be converted to an mp3 or other type of file.

I don't understand what you mean by the "properties in MM should be pointing".

Thanks again.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed ampersand characters not appearing correctly
- Fixed unicode characters not always converted correctly
rishid

Post by rishid »

I am using version 1.5 on an Itunes 7 XML file, but the script only seems to be adding the first playlist and then stopping.

I am going to turn debug mode on and try to see what is happening.

Edit: Found the bug in your code.

The Trim() method in VB only removes spaces, not tabs.

So the compare is failing:

Code: Select all

If str = "</array>" Then
            mode = 3
          End If
You should change this to:

Code: Select all

If InStr(str, "</array>")  > 0 Then
    mode = 3
End If

Edit: One more thing you might want to fix, is the check if playlist is created already code, this looks inside the root playlist directory if the playlist exists already, this should really look in the "iPlaylists" child node for duplicates.

Thanks for the script, worked perfect after I made the code change above.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for pointing these out. I'll get them resolved in the next version.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

rishid wrote:One more thing you might want to fix, is the check if playlist is created already code, this looks inside the root playlist directory if the playlist exists already, this should really look in the "iPlaylists" child node for duplicates.
It checks the entire playlist tree, which is the correct behaviour. :)