WebMonkey - 19 Aug 2004

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

WebMonkey - 19 Aug 2004

Post by Lowlander »

What is WebMonkey
WebMonkey is a pre-build website that will put your music collection online for others to see. It allows to browse your collection, listen to songs, download songs and view some statistics. You will need a webserver where you can host ASP pages and a MSAccess DB.

It is written in ASP and uses HTML, XHTML, CSS and JavaScript.

WebMonkey website:
WebMonkey support site

A newer version has been released. Check it out on the website
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The playlist creation seems to work. Do remember that MM can currently not handle playlists with webaddresses as link to the songs.

Enjoy
Shane Alan

Post by Shane Alan »

Im a noob and was wondering how and if I can use this locally on my computer. If so how do I set it up.

Thanks,
Shane
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yep, you can set this up locally.

First of all a newer version was posted here: http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2330.

You'll need to set up a webserver if you don't have one yet. For newer windows that will be IIS (included in the install disc of Windows) whereas older versions use PWS (not sure if ASP runs on that). Google for some more information how. I don't believe you can run a Microsoft webserver under Windows XP Home (anyone that can confirm that and has a solution?)

Then you will need to download the code to the webserver (standard is C:/Inetpud/wwwroot/ and then you could save it to a folder called MM, music or something like that.

If you want to keep it simple you copy the DB of MM to the data folder of webmonkey. That is where it looks for by default (otherwise you need to change the code as explained in the readme).

The settings.asp file has some option you can change.

Lastly before running i have read advice online that you should create the site as application to prevent ASP error messages. You will need to open the Internet Information Services application (under administrative tools in XP Pro). Go to PC name >> Web sites >> Default Web Site >> folder you save WebMonkey. Right click on this folder and select properties.
In the bottom of the new window there is an area called application settings. Write an application name and create it.

This should be all, let me know if it worked out.

PS if anyone has better suggestions than these please share them!!
Bmustang

WEB MEDIA MONKEY

Post by Bmustang »

speak french and write fench only:
Je recherche une solution WEB pour gérer et créer mes playlists pour Media Monkey. En effet, ce serait bien de pouvoir depuis un accés extérieur ou intérieur et depuis un Navigateur de gérer et créer des playlists pour Media Monkey. Cette solution serait une révolution, je pense à MUSIC, mais qui ne fait qu'afficher la database de Media Monkey. Je remercie les personnes qui on des renseignements à me fouirnir.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As a non-french speaker I can't be sure what was said here, but the key seems to be playlist access and creation thru a web interface.

My project (with the right settings) allows you to create a playlist based on the tracklistings displayed. The playlists are saved locally. My project can't access playlists in the MM DB.

If you are looking for access to playlists saved in MM you might want to check out this project: http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0777#10777 from the rocket. The Rocket parlais Francais!

Enjoy!
Octopod

Re: WEB MEDIA MONKEY

Post by Octopod »

Bmustang wrote:speak french and write fench only:
Je recherche une solution WEB pour gérer et créer mes playlists pour Media Monkey. En effet, ce serait bien de pouvoir depuis un accés extérieur ou intérieur et depuis un Navigateur de gérer et créer des playlists pour Media Monkey. Cette solution serait une révolution, je pense à MUSIC, mais qui ne fait qu'afficher la database de Media Monkey. Je remercie les personnes qui on des renseignements à me fouirnir.
Quick translation for non french-speaking users:
"I am looking for a web solution to manage and create playlists for MM. Indeed, this would be nice to do such things from a web browser. This solution would be a revolution. I'm thinking to MUSIC (:o ?) but it only displays the MM DB. TIA for any info you can provide."
Octopod
bmustang

Media Monkey WEB

Post by bmustang »

Hello Lowlander
Ton logiciel ne gère pas la crétion des playlists, sauf si je me trompe? ni le projet TheRocket.
J'ai besoin de pouvoir créer ou de gérer des playlists via une interface web pour Media Monkey. Je t'explique mon besoin : J'ai un utilisateur qui se connecte à Media Monkey WEB par internet de l'extérieur et il a la responsabilité de créer ou de gérer uniquement les playlists de Media Monkey! voici mon besoin. Je pourrais appelé cela une application client-server WEB.
Les versions de démonstration http://24.226.154.139/mp3manager/ et http://www.uamcav.uat.edu.mx/external/m ... /index.asp ne montrent pas que on peut gérer ou créer des playlists dans Media Monkey.
Si ce forum peut m'aider à obtenir cette solution, alors je vous en remercie par avance! aussi il faudrait que le projet Media Monkey évolue vers des outils Web et autres.

Merci
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Neither my project nor The Rockets project allow for playlist creation that are available thru MM.

Both projects allow you to save the displayed tracks as a playlist to your computer. In both this has a limited functionality.

The sample version of my project doesn't allow any playlist creation due to copyright protection of songs. If you install it on your own server you can enable this feature.

These projects are made by users and not by MM itself. So maybe one of us will include more functionality in this area. You're also more than welcome to add more functionality to my project yourself!
TheRocket

Playlist creation

Post by TheRocket »

Hi,

Présentement, il est seulement possible d'exporter la liste des pistes affichées vers une liste M3U.

La création de listes de lecture directement dans la base de donnée n'est pas une fonctionnalitée que je prévois intégrer bientôt... principalement à un manque de temps...

Je vois que Lowlander a déja implémenté cette fonction... peut-etre que cela répond au besoin...

Ou, peut-etre un accès PcAnywhere ou Terminal Server permettra de modifier le contenu de la librarie à distance.

Actually, you can export only the list of tracks displayed into a m3u playlist.

The playlist creation direcly in the database is not a functionnality that plan to implement soon... due to a lack of time...

I see that Lowlander have made already this functionnality... maybe that solve the need...

Or, maybe a PcAnywhere or Terminal server can let you access and modifiy all the library remotely...

TheRocket
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry, but neither do I have this functionality available.
bmustang

media monkey web

Post by bmustang »

Lowlander wrote:Neither my project nor The Rockets project allow for playlist creation that are available thru MM.

Both projects allow you to save the displayed tracks as a playlist to your computer. In both this has a limited functionality.

The sample version of my project doesn't allow any playlist creation due to copyright protection of songs. If you install it on your own server you can enable this feature.

These projects are made by users and not by MM itself. So maybe one of us will include more functionality in this area. You're also more than welcome to add more functionality to my project yourself!
<<The sample version of my project doesn't allow any playlist creation due to copyright protection of songs.>>

I see the bond with the protection of the song, no risk since the accesses would be on the library only and not the sources.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I meant the online sample. When you download the code you can enable this in settings.

There is no sense for me to allow playlist creation of the songs can't be accessed themselves thru the created playlists. Just check out the readme for the specifics of the project.
Plethora

Im a noob and was wondering how and if I can use this local

Post by Plethora »

I have the site set up but there is no data. I put the mediamonkey.mdb file in the data folder and changed the download setting to zero in the settings.asp file. I have all the files on the root directory \Inetpub\wwwroot\. The Site is www.---------.org. XP-Pro is OS I'm using.

thanks for time :)
Last edited by Plethora on Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry for the late reply, answered a privare message. Please let me know if it works out for you.

And when you have it running tell me what you like and don't like.