AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

apertotes

Re: NEW! AutoRateAccurate 2.5 Beta 3 (13/01/2012) - for MM4

Post by apertotes »

hello.

First of all, i would like to thank you for your work.

I have just learned about mediamonkey. i was looking for a media player that would autorate my collection as i play songs, and i somehow discovered this extension, that would do exactly what i needed. so i installed mediamonkey, and AutoRateAccurate 2.5 beta 3.

now i have some questions, and it would be great if anybody could help me with them.

1. I would like to use a funtion that only cares about how much percentage of a song is played. I do not want "time of the song on the collection", "last time played" or "# of reproductions per day" influence the rating. So i thought that the function that says that only takes into account "playcounter" and "skips" would be perfect for me. But my question is if it takes into account how much of a song is played each time, or only takes into account the exact number of plays and skips.

2. I have noticed that if i skip a song very soon (under 10 seconds for sure, but the limit may be higher), the skip count goes up by one, and the play count stays the same. if the song plays until the end, then the play count goes up, and the skip count stays the same. this is quite understandable. but my surprise is that if i skip the song halfway, then neither the play count nor the skip count go up, they both stay the same. This means that if i listen to 60% of a song, and then skip it, its skip count remains the same, and so AutoRateAccurate doesnt update the rating of the song. Is this behaviour intended? did i do something wrong? am i understanding wrong what skip a song means? I would love if AutoRate would rate lower the songs i do not listen till the end, than those i listen completely.

Also, i have noticed that i skip some songs after only 7 seconds, and AutoRate gives it 2'5 stars (this was the first time it was played). then i listen to another song for 25 seconds, and skip it, and AutoRate gives it 0'5 stars. then, another one for 2 seconds, and the rate is 1 star, then another one for 6 seconds, and also 1 star, then another one for 3 seconds, and the rating is 2'5 stars. so i kept going on, listening songs a random time from 1 second to 20 seconds, and then skipping them, and i saw a very random autorating. all the songs were being played for the first time, and autoratings were anywhere from 0'5 to 2'5, but higher ratings were not given on those songs that were played longer. it seemed quite random. is there any explanation to this?

thanks a lot for your help.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Works great, thx :D
Wulfric

Post by Wulfric »

Hi,

Just re-installed Windows 7 and MM 4.0.6.1501. And I have tried several times to install AutoRate. Here is a list of the errors I get:

Error happened during installation:
Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMoneky\Scripts\Scripts.ini". Access is denied.

Error #-2147418113 - SongDB.SDBUIDropDown
Control '' has no parent window
File "D:\Users\M\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Script\auto\AutoRateAccStart.vbs", Line: 1808, Column: 8

Error Happened during script execution:

How do I manage this?
Uninstall MM, make sure no files or entries for MM can be found on my hard drives on in the registry. (Including my mm.db file.)
Install MM
Close MM
Start MM with Admin privileges
Install AutoRate
Close MM
Start MM with Admin Privileges
Select Options-AutoRateAccurate-Advanced
Click OK

Sometimes the Advanced option will display extra info EG: (~27 tracks) MR: 2% (=14 tracks)
Sometimes it does not.

I have resorted to changing the security for Scripts.ini to allow all users full access. This seems to be the only way to ensure I don't get the access is denied error for Scripts.ini

I also have yet another general problem that has started to plague me. But I'm not sure if it's related. Last night MM had a background task "16 files to be tagged". 11 hours later MM still has the "16 files to be tagged" background task running.

This is additional to the Sleep and Network issues caused while MM is running.

As MM stops my laptop from sleeping, when the battery gets low and Windows forces hibernation with MM still running. (MM is NOT playing files). When the computer wakes up, MM then spams me with Select statement error messages. Cancel, Ignore and Retry all have no effect. The only way I can stop the constant error messages is by using Task Manager to end MM.

Using MM to access files over the network causes MM to constantly freeze for a few minutes. Now all my files are on local drives the frequency of has dramatically dropped but not stopped.

The risk of a freeze seems to be related to the number of background tasks MM is running. Which means when AutoRate kicks in, the chances are MM will freeze.

When I accidentally have MM running on both my laptop and desktop, it causes even more problems.

I don't have AutoRate on my laptop. So I think the Sleep and Network issues are not connected to me running AutoRate. But because MM seems to find my setup so objectionable, perhaps this is causing AutoRate to act strangely as well.

I'm at a loss to know what to do next. Is this something you can help me with?
NickGil

Post by NickGil »

Would be updates of this great script?
NickGil

Post by NickGil »

Somebody that could post a working version for MM4?, please? :(
Didodeman

Post by Didodeman »

Wulfric wrote:Hi,

Just re-installed Windows 7 and MM 4.0.6.1501. And I have tried several times to install AutoRate. Here is a list of the errors I get:

Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMoneky\Scripts\Scripts.ini". Access is denied.

Error #-2147418113 - SongDB.SDBUIDropDown
File "D:\Users\M\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Script\auto\AutoRateAccStart.vbs", Line: 1808, Column: 8

Error Happened during script execution:

How do I manage this?
Uninstall MM, make sure no files or entries for MM can be found on my hard drives on in the registry. (Including my mm.db file.)
Install MM
Close MM
Start MM with Admin privileges
Install AutoRate
Close MM
Start MM with Admin Privileges
Select Options-AutoRateAccurate-Advanced
Click OK

Sometimes the Advanced option will display extra info EG: (~27 tracks) MR: 2% (=14 tracks)
Sometimes it does not.

I have resorted to changing the security for Scripts.ini to allow all users full access. This seems to be the only way to ensure I don't get the access is denied error for Scripts.ini

i had some of the same errors that you are getting. all i did was erase all the custom fields of all the songs and it appears to be working fine. try it, hopefully it helps you!
also it has to be run as an admin, how do you edit it so you don't have to do this?
NickGil

Worked selecting another custom field to save AutoRate data

Post by NickGil »

With the last comment about deleting all the data on custom fields, I decided just to select another one to save this data. And it worked!

Wonderful!
Andrew Dillon

AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 new install error messages

Post by Andrew Dillon »

Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBDatabase
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO Filters (Pos,Name,Cond,View,Player,ContentType) VALUES((SELECT Max(Pos) FROM
Filters)+1,'AutoRateAccurate...
...Line:79, Column: 12

followed by

...: table Filters has no column named View (1, 1)

followed by

AutoRateAccurate was not installed.

(though was listed after the 1st time of these error messages, prior to uninstalling then trying to install again).

In your reply, please take into account this is the 1st time I've installed MediaMonkey addons, and my tech knowledge is minimal.

Thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Andrew.
G0lluM

Post by G0lluM »

Awesome work on the 2.5 beta, I'm currently using Beta 3 of AutoRateAccurate and while I know others have had some problems with the installation I haven't received any error messages. I know you haven't been working on AutoRateAccurate all that much lately, but if you do still come around these parts and happen to read this message I do have a feature request that I'd like to make if I may:

Filtering AutoRate by genre or genres

This would be helpful because AutoRateAccurate insists on auto-rating my podcasts and I would prefer it not to do so. If there's a way to do this already, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the very powerful addon that works well (in my experience)!
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Unfortunately I don't have time to fix this bug at the moment. But you could create filter called 'AutoRateAccurate' yourself. Just add all all songs. This might fix the problem.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Eisfreak7

Post by Eisfreak7 »

Is it possible to only save the ratings in a custom field (as an integer from 0 to 10) while the actual rating tag remains untouched?
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

I just started with this script. I use standard settings. Now songs that have just been played for the first time (five songs today) get a five star rating :o I wouldn't expect that, it's not useful. Any help on that?
Claude
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:I just started with this script. I use standard settings. Now songs that have just been played for the first time (five songs today) get a five star rating :o I wouldn't expect that, it's not useful. Any help on that?
Use custom setting and set your likes for the number of plays per song to gear different ratings.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

rovingcowboy wrote:
hintergrundrauschen wrote:I just started with this script. I use standard settings. Now songs that have just been played for the first time (five songs today) get a five star rating :o I wouldn't expect that, it's not useful. Any help on that?
Use custom setting and set your likes for the number of plays per song to gear different ratings.
I had to wait for hours to get my songs rated. Songs that have been played 6 times in total and in Oct 2012 for the last time get 4.5 or 5 star rating. There's no documentation or guide in the first post or the first few pages of this thread. Since stupid me set the options to tag my files, I couldn't just back up my db file but had to delete the custom ratings from the options, which took a couple of hours, again. I am not going to tweak "the number of plays per song to gear different ratings". I used Excel to figure out the formula, getting 600000000 for the above mentioned song. So what? Maybe someone could point me to a post in this thread that gives some guidance before I just tweak the formular? Thanks.
Claude
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

1. Look at the section on the main mm options panel for auto rate, there should be 3 sections for autorate.
use the setting for rating in custom. Then set the
numbers of plays you want before it gets that star rate.
This allows you to set custom amounts for your wish not some websites or some recording company's.
2. You dont want half stars leave the number choice zero.
3. go to the section now where you pick its other options and set those how you want them they are just what they ask you, do you want it to rate them on startup or when the song played ?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.