Script: Radio-DJ [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Davo

Re: Script: Radio-DJ [MM3]

Post by Davo »

Great script Uwe. Is it possible in the Options - Setup that the playlist box brings up my playlists so that i just select the one i want rather than typing in the name. Also does the input have to be confined to playlists, could it work for a Library filter?

Regards
David

Post by uwuerfel »

Hi Davo
Davo wrote:Great script Uwe.

Davo wrote:Is it possible in the Options - Setup that the playlist box brings up my playlists so that i just select the one i want rather than typing in the name.
I'm sorry, but it's not.
I also had this idea. But when I searched through the programming interface of MM I couldn't find a way to start their selection dialog.
That means I would have to reprogramm it all in VB and I doubt, that this can be realized in the subset of VB, that is accessible from MM.
But even if it would be possible to create such a selection dialog with VB, it would probably be a big effort to do so.
So I would rather decide to implement other features than this one...

Maybe one day the selection dialog from MM is accessible from VB, then I will surely use it.

Davo wrote:Also does the input have to be confined to playlists, could it work for a Library filter?
I'm sorry, I dont understand what you mean. My English is not good enough.
Could you please try to say it in other words?

CIAo, uwe..
Autor of Radio-DJ
Davo

Post by Davo »

Uwe - Thanks for considering my requests. It's a pity that MM doesn't make it's selection dialogues available. I have many playlists & without the selection box I have to remember the exact name of the playlist & hope that i type it correctly.

Regarding "Input confined to playlists" What i am looking for here is to be able to select a Library filter or a Genre filter as the source of the tracks rather than just Playlists. For example i already have separate Library filters for Classical, Jazz , Rock and other classifications which i could use as the input to your script. I'm not sure of the programming implications for your script but i believe it would be possible because Triximoto already has these options in his "AutoAlbumDJ script" which also uses the "AutoDJ" function in MM.

As a general observation there's quite a few "Auto DJ" type scripts around at the moment. Each with it's own special features. For example i really like the way you you have done your weightings but i also like the way Triximoto handles album shuffling. It would be good if the development of the AutoDJ function could be coordinated (Scripters & MM Devs) so that the best of the features could be integrated into a single application within MM. I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

Regards
David

Post by Big_Berny »

Hey Uwe,
AFAIK it should be possible to get the playlists into the script by SQL-query...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
uwuerfel

Post by uwuerfel »

Hi Big Berny.
Big_Berny wrote:AFAIK it should be possible to get the playlists into the script by SQL-query...
Yes thats true. And it should not be the problem.

But in addition to getting the names from the DB, i also have to present them somehow in the Options Dialog.
Since it is possible to define multiple playlists with the same name, I need to pesent them in some sort of tree widget.
And this is where the main work goes in.

If somebody allready has a tree widget, than I can re-use in my script, I will be happy to include it.

CIAo, uwe..
Autor of Radio-DJ
uwuerfel

Post by uwuerfel »

Hi Davo,
Davo wrote:I have many playlists & without the selection box I have to remember the exact name of the playlist & hope that i type it correctly.
Hm...
I understand your problem.
But the only hint I can give you (for the moment) is to select the playlist, try to rename it, and when you have the little edit box where you can change the name of the playlist, just select the name and copy it (using CTRL-C).
Then in the options dialog of RadioDJ just insert the name using CTRL-V.
I know, thats not quite nice, but it works...

And as I wrote in the last posting:
If somebody allready has a tree widget, than I can re-use in my script, I will be happy to include it.
Davo wrote: Regarding "Input confined to playlists" What i am looking for here is to be able to select a Library filter or a Genre filter as the source of the tracks rather than just Playlists. For example i already have separate Library filters for Classical, Jazz , Rock and other classifications which i could use as the input to your script. I'm not sure of the programming implications for your script but i believe it would be possible because Triximoto already has these options in his "AutoAlbumDJ script" which also uses the "AutoDJ" function in MM.
I think I understand what you mean.
I will have a look at AutoAlbumDJ to see how it behaves.
Maybe I will put it on my list. We will see...

For the moment, you can just create an Autoplaylist, that has that filter set, and use that autoplaylist from within RadioDJ.
That should give you the funktionality, you are looking for.
Davo wrote: As a general observation there's quite a few "Auto DJ" type scripts around at the moment. Each with it's own special features. For example i really like the way you you have done your weightings but i also like the way Triximoto handles album shuffling. It would be good if the development of the AutoDJ function could be coordinated (Scripters & MM Devs) so that the best of the features could be integrated into a single application within MM. I'm interested in your thoughts on this.
Well I can only speak for myself here:

I made this script, because I found nothing that handled randomizing songs as I wanted it.
That's the reason why I wrote this script -- i.e. I mainly created it for myself.
Of corse I am interested in suggestions (as you did) and in bugreports.
And when I have some spare time, I will see how I can make RadioDJ better.
But personally I have little interest to merge or harmonize all those AutoDJ-Scripts that exist.

On the other hand, if somebody starts to create the all-in-one AutoDJ-Script, he can of corse use my script and include it in the all-in-one script. I have no problem with this.

Or maybe even better, you (or somebody else) could create a meta-script, that itself calls other AutoDJ-scripts. That would at least somehow combine the different scripts.

Maybe the MM-devs are interested in doing so, but as said earlier, I can only speek for myself.

CIAo, uwe..
Autor of Radio-DJ
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I could use some more clarification on the weighting if possible, along with the sorting.

When choosing "Last Played" or anything else, it seems to bring up the same list of songs everytime. Doesn't seem to be random if the same songs, in the same order, are in the playlist. Now if I sort "Random" I get a good mix and the mix changes everytime I click on the playlist.

My other concern is the weighting. I have a small library as I learn about MM, right now 1400 songs. Seems that no matter what setting I set Radio DJ for I get around 28% of the selected songs rated 2 stars (these are 28% of my songs so that seems correct, right?). Even if the weighting is set to 0 I get that many songs. I have 24% of my songs rated 4 stars but only 17% of the playlist. This is a big difference. 11% more 2 star songs than 4 star.

I must be missing something. The ratio is the same even if I weight 2 stars 0 and 4 stars 30! Favor factor is set to 1.

Thank you for any help. So far I like this script, I would just like Radio DJ to play more songs that I have rated higher.
ollifant

Post by ollifant »

HI rrfpacker,

did you set "Radio-DJ as Auto-DJ Plugin" at "Options->Player->Auto-DJ"?

If you didn't, the Radio-DJ is not active, when using the Auto-DJ.

Cheers,
Olli
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I read this instructions over and over and thought I had it. I confused needing a playlist for Auto DJ to draw from in the Radio DJ options to the Player options.

Thanks for helping to point this out. It is now a beautiful thing!
uwuerfel

Post by uwuerfel »

Hi Ollifant,

thanks to help out with your quick answer.

@rrfpacker:
If you think that the instructions are misleading, please help me and post better instructions.
I will be happy to use it for the instruction in the first posting.

CIAo, uwe..
Autor of Radio-DJ
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Your instructions were more than fine. It was me. It's working beautifully now.
ipkiss

Post by ipkiss »

I love this script, but is there a way to not have it refresh its own playlist at MM startup? I have the playlist set to 250 and unfortunately this means MM takes quite some time to startup if Radio DJ is used.
uwuerfel

Post by uwuerfel »

Hi ipkiss,
ipkiss wrote:I love this script
Thanks!
ipkiss wrote:but is there a way to not have it refresh its own playlist at MM startup?
It doesn't do this. At least not at startup of MM.
ipkiss wrote:I have the playlist set to 250 and unfortunately this means MM takes quite some time to startup if Radio DJ is used.
Maybe you are confusing something.
In the option sheet the entry "Max. Songs" is only used when you are clicking on the tree node.
It defines how many songs shall be generated when populating the tree node with random songs.

Radio-DJ builds its internal playlists the first time, when it gets called from the Auto-DJ mechanism from Media Monkey; i.e. when you play a song and there are not enough songs remaining in MMs list "Now Playing".
As long as you don't use Radio-DJ it doesn't do anything time consuming.
The only thing it does is initializing the GUI element (the option sheet and the (empty) tree node).

The time how long Radio-DJ needs to build its internal playlist depends mainly on the number of songs that are in the input playlist (in the option sheet the entry "Name of Playlist").

I hope that helps?
If not please ask again.

CIAo, uwe..
Autor of Radio-DJ
ipkiss

Post by ipkiss »

uwuerfel wrote:It doesn't do this. At least not at startup of MM.
Maybe you are confusing something.
In the option sheet the entry "Max. Songs" is only used when you are clicking on the tree node.
Yep, I was confusing things - The reason Radio DJ was refreshing at startup was because it was still selected in the tree node when I closed MM. So, obviously when MM was started again, the Radio DJ tree node was selected and bam, it refreshed!

I'm an idiot, thanks for your help!
bradcapo2

Post by bradcapo2 »

Thanks everyone for your support, you're the best!!

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.