MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.9 - Updated 05/03/2011

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:I have successfully installed MusicIPTagger1.9 . But I can't find it on the MM interface. It is included among a list of other extension under Extensions but it only has 3 buttons -- Find Updates (which appears to apply to the list of extensions in the dialogue box and NOT on the selected music files), Uninstall and Close. When I click on the extension's name in the Extension's dialogue box nothing happens. How to I get MusicIPTagger to work? What am I doing wrong?

I'm a MM Gold lifetime member. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Tools > Auto-tag from web. In the window that appears there's an "Options" box, pick MusicIP tagger from the drop down.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Guest wrote:I have successfully installed MusicIPTagger1.9 . But I can't find it on the MM interface. It is included among a list of other extension under Extensions but it only has 3 buttons -- Find Updates (which appears to apply to the list of extensions in the dialogue box and NOT on the selected music files), Uninstall and Close. When I click on the extension's name in the Extension's dialogue box nothing happens. How to I get MusicIPTagger to work? What am I doing wrong?

I'm a MM Gold lifetime member. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
No worries. You're not the first person to have this question. In fact, just a little further up this page you can see where someone asked the same thing. Here you go:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 22#p299298

Good luck and let us know if you still can't find it.
--
The gpzbc
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I'm thinking nohitter already answered their question. ;) :P
Stop Button Freak
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I am not really sure how I missed that! Ha.
:o
--
The gpzbc
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I do it all the time when the thread's gone on to another page and I don't realize it. :)
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's an Auto-tag source, you have to run the Auto-tag from the web and then use the options to select the new source.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

See? Even trixmoto does it. :P
Stop Button Freak
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:lol:
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ooops, looks like it did! :lol:
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

tags are removing / changing tracks to "0"... not sure if its all the time.. i just noticed it happening lately.. will get back to you after more tagging...
drake204

Post by drake204 »

Problem:

Say I have a track that has a different track title, artist, and year from current tagging.
Right now I only want year, because Idon't like the title it generates, but do like the year. I go into setting, select only 'Find track year' and 'archive values.'
Music IP Tagger does its thing, looks up the track, finds just the year, and I tell it to Auto-tag. Success, and there's even a nice-looking code in the comments (where I told it to store the PUID)!
HOWEVER, when I then go back to run the script for just track title, or just track artist, or other things, 'Using existing PUID values,' it reports success in looking it up (and goes much faster, clearly not re-creating the PUID), BUT doesn't actually find the changes it before suggested for track title, artist, etc. when I ran it for all of the values.

Concrete example: I have a track called Boys II Men - Motownphilly (1990). I run Music IP Tagger on it to look up track title, track artist, and year. It wants to correct it to Boyz II Men - MOTOWNPHILLY (1991). The artist and year look good, but I don't like the all-caps track title. So, I cancel out and run it again just for year (for now). I save the results, and it stores a hash-looking string in the comments. Now, I run it again with 'Use Existing PUID values' and 'Find Track Artist' selected, and it says success, but doesn't recognize now that Boys should be Boyz.

Any thoughts?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think the basic details, such as Artist, come out at the same time as generating the PUID, so you'll probably need to not use the existing value in this case.
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

Hi,

I just noticed that I can no longer access the settings dialog. MusicIPTagger will still work for looking up song information, but if I hit the settings button, I get the following error message: Error # 2147023838 - File: PATHTO/MusicIPTagger.vbs, line 897, Column 2.
Once I hit OK, I get another message: Error executing Script Event.

I checked the vbs script and the weird thing is that line 897 is just an empty line!

Code: Select all

Sub InitSettings()
  Dim QD : Set QD = SDB.Objects("MIPT-QD")
  If QD Is Nothing Then
    Call out("QD Is Nothing!")
    Exit Sub
  End If
  QD.Item("psd") = "YES"
--> this is line 897!  Nothing to see here <--
  Dim obj,prc,col
  Set obj = GetObject("WinMgmts:")
  Set col = obj.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name='MIPCORE.exe'")
  For Each prc in col
I deleted the MusicIPTagger section from my Mediamonkey.ini and reinstalled MusicIPTagger (the latest version, ie 1.9), but the error still persists. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

-Christian
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry, I really don't have any idea how a blank line could cause an error, nor can I replicate it myself. If you rename this file, do you still get the error message? Maybe there's another copy of the file somewhere, such as in the VirtualStore?
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

trixmoto wrote:I'm sorry, I really don't have any idea how a blank line could cause an error, nor can I replicate it myself. If you rename this file, do you still get the error message? Maybe there's another copy of the file somewhere, such as in the VirtualStore?
I'm running Windows XP in a virtal machine (I'm on OSX) - and I don't think that XP has a virtualstore.

I renamed MusicIPTagger.vbs in the Mediamonkey/Scripts/MIPT folder and now when I select MusicIPTagger in the options dialog of the "Auto-Tag from Web" window, I get the error tha the file MusicIPTagger.vbs cannot be found...

Strange... But now I also got an error message from another script - maybe there's something wrong with vbs scripting on my Win install...