MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

wutzin

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.9 - Updated 05/03/2011

Post by wutzin »

wutzin wrote:
trixmoto wrote:I'm sorry, I really don't have any idea how a blank line could cause an error, nor can I replicate it myself. If you rename this file, do you still get the error message? Maybe there's another copy of the file somewhere, such as in the VirtualStore?
I'm running Windows XP in a virtal machine (I'm on OSX) - and I don't think that XP has a virtualstore.

I renamed MusicIPTagger.vbs in the Mediamonkey/Scripts/MIPT folder and now when I select MusicIPTagger in the options dialog of the "Auto-Tag from Web" window, I get the error tha the file MusicIPTagger.vbs cannot be found...

Strange... But now I also got an error message from another script - maybe there's something wrong with vbs scripting on my Win install...
Trixmoto, I just confirmed that the problem lies with the Windows Scripting Host of my install - I restored my entire MM setup onto a different Windows install (using your insanely useful Backup 5.8 script) and everything works.

Too bad there's no way to cleanly reinstall the Scripting Host to fix this... (the installer from Microsoft keeps telling me there's no need to run the update).
cmatte

Post by cmatte »

Hi.
I've just installed this extension on mm4 and it's freezing everything after having analyzed a bunch of tracks (seems random!).
Is it intended to work with mm4?
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you apply this script to a track? I've installed it properly (I think) but I can't figure out how to work it. I don't see any new menu options or icons in the UI.

Maybe my installation of MM4 is pooched?

thanks!
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you apply this script to a track? I've installed it properly (I think) but I can't figure out how to work it. I don't see any new menu options or icons in the UI.
!
Found the answer in this thread:
"Right click on the tracks and choose Auto-tag from web. Then click on the Options button in the upper right corner and select MusicIP Tagger."

Thanks again for this cool script!
Confusedxx

Post by Confusedxx »

i could not find the installer on the website. So how do I create a script with MM4?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Confusedxx wrote:i could not find the installer on the website.
http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=5
Confusedxx

Post by Confusedxx »

I installed the musicip tagger / thanks for the package.

It freezes the pc if running on more than 1 song. So I have done individual songs. It fails on all songs.
My music is stored in artist folders on my drive. But it has all been tagged as Nirvana - artist and In Utero - album

When I tag from web with the musicip script, it fails on everything. Eminem, 2 pac, Frank Sinatra, MAssive Attack, Ray Charles, everything comes back with failure 100% in the window.

Is there something wrong on my system or does musicip not work for these artists?

Is there an alternative way to get proper tags since the music is stored in artist folders? Tag from filename does not help me :evil:
sooth

Post by sooth »

Just tried installing this package under MM 3.1 and 4.0 and it doesn't show up via the tag from web, only in the scripts section. What gives?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It appears in the scripts section? Can you post a screenshot?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
tesloid

Post by tesloid »

Ok, I'm probably making a rookie mistake here so please don't think me an idiot!

I downloaded the file from your site for MusicIP Tagger and installed it!
Selected a track and auto-tag from the web, then selected MusicIP, it runs and gives me 100% on both progress and success! It doesn't actually show me any results for the track or give me any option to save the ID info!

What am I doing wrong and thanks for the help!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it should update the track list at the bottom of the tagger popup, and turn the fields yellow if there are changes.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
t3chnomanc3r

Post by t3chnomanc3r »

It would seem something has changed in MM 4 because none of my freshly installed "Tag from web" extensions like this & Discogs show up in the options dialog wehre they should be.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For a while now MusicIP Tagger seems to no longer tag Original Artist, Original Year and Original Title (only fields enabled). The PUID still get's saved to Custom5, but the tags no longer get updated.
booblers

Post by booblers »

Lowlander wrote:For a while now MusicIP Tagger seems to no longer tag Original Artist, Original Year and Original Title (only fields enabled). The PUID still get's saved to Custom5, but the tags no longer get updated.
MusicIP is considered by most people to be defunct. The servers have been coming and going for months Repeated requests from big name developers in the field about the status of MusicIP have gone unanswered.

Echoprints could have been a decent alternative but the database is very small and not maintained by the company who released the source. The supposed merger with 7Digital's data appears never to have taken place. The commercial EchoNest product *is* (of course) very well maintained and the data is all there but the data and the server side stuff is all part of a closed commercial system (ie possibly bound for a similar fate).

AcoustID is the best alternative. I've already written a replacement tagger (months ago) that works with AcoustID and MusicBrainz which you can read about near the end of this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=105 - that is, if you haven't deleted my posts there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

booblers wrote:I've already written a replacement tagger (months ago)
Can't seem to locate a download for that. Has Trixmoto stated that this addon is no longer working?