MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow [Beta 2]

Post by flashk »

bob61 wrote:My Kaspersky A/V reports the install as including a keyboard logger. Anyone else encounter this? Concerns?
Don't know why you are getting this warning. When I upload the file to MediaFire, they scan for viruses, and when I download from Firefox it also scans for viruses, and I never got any warnings.
sonicyouth

Post by sonicyouth »

it would be really nice if the navigation can be also through letters (you type the first of the album/artist and then it appears - "prettypictures" uses the same technique)

Anyway,thank you very much,it's wonderful
sonicyouth

Post by sonicyouth »

and just another thing..for some reason monkeyflow doesn't open albums ripped in *.ape format..
does anybody know how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance
gege

Post by gege »

sonicyouth wrote:it would be really nice if the navigation can be also through letters (you type the first of the album/artist and then it appears - "prettypictures" uses the same technique)
Are you kidding? Did you read the first post of this thread? :o
flashk wrote:You can also type any text and it will jump to the nearest matching artist for that string
:D
Sirqandar

Post by Sirqandar »

Very good code, very stable for a beta.

You do good work
bob61

Post by bob61 »

flashk wrote:
bob61 wrote:My Kaspersky A/V reports the install as including a keyboard logger. Anyone else encounter this? Concerns?
Don't know why you are getting this warning. When I upload the file to MediaFire, they scan for viruses, and when I download from Firefox it also scans for viruses, and I never got any warnings.
Virus and keyboard logger are different. Not sure if MediaFire scans for keyboard logger.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

I could not find a way to embed Python code within MediaMonkey
I strongly assume it's possible to build a automation server which you can launch with a auto script like:

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartup
    Set o = CreateObject("MonkeyFlowServer.MonkeyFlow")
    o.Init(SDB)
End Sub
This is how I launch my .NET extension, integrating it in the main window requires some Win32 experience I guess.
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

First, thank you for putting the time and effort into making our experience with Mediamonkey more interactive. One of the things I've always had my eye on with iTunes is the coverflow method of browsing and I was very pleased to discover that with the Beta2 release of Monkeyflow that experience has been realized. Very impressive.

Second, how do I go about compensating you for your efforts? This is an application that I would gladly pay for were it available commercially, so please allow me to send some money as a way of supporting you and encouraging future development.
flashk

Post by flashk »

sonicyouth wrote:and just another thing..for some reason monkeyflow doesn't open albums ripped in *.ape format..
does anybody know how to solve this problem?
What do you mean by "open"? It doesn't display the album art or it doesn't play the album when you hit Enter? Either way, the file format should have no effect on MonkeyFlow. As long as MM recognizes it, then it should work with MonkeyFlow.
flashk

Post by flashk »

stax wrote:I strongly assume it's possible to build a automation server which you can launch with a auto script like:

Sub OnStartup
    Set o = CreateObject("MonkeyFlowServer.MonkeyFlow")
    o.Init(SDB)
End Sub
This is how I launch my .NET extension, integrating it in the main window requires some Win32 experience I guess.
I don't have any experience creating COM servers, but I know it is possible with Python. Considering your success with it, I will definitely take a look at it. Thanks for the tip!
flashk

Post by flashk »

MM3 monkey wrote:I'm not sure why but it sometimes leaves 'now playing mode' when it moves to the next song [i.e. the N box becomes un-lit and MonkeyFlow goes to the very first album]. If I click on the N again, it goes to the currently playing album... so it's not as if MonkeyFlow can't see the album or its cover.
I looked into this and I cannot tell why it would happen. Are you sure a key is not being pressed? Pressing the Home key will cause MonkeyFlow to jump to the first album, which sounds like what is happening with you.
flashk

Post by flashk »

fuzzynavel wrote:Second, how do I go about compensating you for your efforts? This is an application that I would gladly pay for were it available commercially, so please allow me to send some money as a way of supporting you and encouraging future development.
I'm glad you enjoy the program, but I am not accepting any payment for it. I mostly work on this for fun and to challenge myself, and that is all the encouragement I need. Thanks for the offer though.
Great Program: Has problems with firewalls

Post by Great Program: Has problems with firewalls »

Great program but it doesn't play well with firewalls because it sets up a temp install in new folder every time it runs. Thsi means that ot triggers the firewall no matter how it is set.

Any plans on making an installer?
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Wow, looks great and works great... so far..... at the moment it is still caching covers and with over 7300 albums it is going to be pretty big. So far it has done just over 3000 covers and is over 300mb, I would really like to be able to move the cache directory to my doc folder, excuse my ignorance but how do we go about this? I tried adding the entries as instructed but it is still caching in temp dir. I added entry in MM Scripts.ini thus
[MonkeyFlow]
CacheDirectory = <C:\Bretts Documents\Media Monkey Backup\MonkeyFlowCache>
MaxCoverSize = <500/500>
Not working for me?
Would appreciate showing me the correct way to add the entry if this is wrong.
Thanks for the great little app, shows great promise
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

I have the same problem! I delete the cache directory and the log file ... change in the MM.ini file the coversize and the new cache directory, But now monkeyflow can't connect to MM.

here is my log:

Graphics driver info:
   NVIDIA Corporation
   GeForce 7800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
** Load Time: 0.48 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: <E:\Music\MonkeyFlow>
------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to create cache directory