MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drakinite

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by drakinite »

Huh! Well, that's great to hear that it's working again for you!

Out of curiosity, what makes you prefer MediaMonkey 3 and not want to switch to 4 or 5?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

drakinite wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:09 am Huh! Well, that's great to hear that it's working again for you!

Out of curiosity, what makes you prefer MediaMonkey 3 and not want to switch to 4 or 5?
I've been using MM for years. Some years ago I spent hours configuring it to my prferences,
editing skins, sizing widows, etc. I only use MM for three things.. browsing my collection
in MonkeyFlow, playing the tracks (or album) I want to hear, and then viewing the album art
full screen while the tracks are playing. (I've spent years adding scans and images for each
album in it's respective folder).
I use other programs to rip CD's and tag the files (Tag & Rename) so I don't need those functions
in MM. The way I have 3.x configured is fine the way it is, and it looks sensational on my
Home Theater 60" screen and through my AV receiver. Some screen shots I did this morning off
my TV:
Monkey Flow fullscreen:
Monkey Flow and MonkeyRok side by side:
And finally, album art scan full screen (which I scroll through while track is playing):
While MM 4.0 or 5.0 could possibly be configured to look the same, why should I
bother. My setup is perfect, for me, the way it is....
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Something else I just noticed. When I click MonkeyFlow to go fullscreen, winviz.exe opens
as an icon on my taskbar. When I close the full screen and go back to normal, the winviz
icon goes away. In all of the years I've been using MF, I don't ever remember that happening.
But I'm guessing that's actually how it's supposed to be.
galur

Post by galur »

To make the latest MonkeyFlow work on latest MM and latest Win10 in non-portable mode:

- extract MonkeyFlow.vbs to the script\auto-Folder in your user-directory: e.g. C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
- extract MonkeyFlow.exe to the script\auto-Folder in your MM-Folder: e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Edit MediaMonkey.ini in your user folder: e.g. C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey:
- specifiy the cache folder of MonkeyFlow in the [MonkeyFlow]-Section pointing to the user %TEMP%: e.g. CacheDirectory=C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Temp\monkeyflow_cache
Last edited by galur on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
galur

Post by galur »

Suddenly I get a runtime error of the winviz.exe, and of course monkeyflow is completely white.

The same as described earlier:
gbauch wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:25 pm Hi everyone

I'm using MonkeyFlow for quite a long time and I love this tool, but now a problem appeared:

On one of my Computers it's working very well (Windows 10 with newest Updates, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4). On my other Computer (Windows 7 SP1, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4) everything was fine, too.
After an Update of the second Computer to Windows 10 (newest Updates, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4) Monkey Flow consequently refuses to work. I tried everything I found in this forum or elsewhere. I also compared the permissions of any folder between the two Windows 10 Machines. Everything seems to be how it should be.

Then I recognized that winviz.exe isn't starting on the second machine. Starting in maually results in:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Also no monkeyflow_cache, gen_py and monkeyflow.log are created.

I even reinstalled all Visual C++ Redistributables, but nothing I tried resulted in a change.

Is there any idea for a solution?

Would it be possible to maybe make a new build with a new Vizard version (6)?
Or could I get the source code of MonkeyFlow to try it myself?

Or any other ideas?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

galur wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:31 pm Would it be possible to maybe make a new build with a new Vizard version (6)?

Or any other ideas?
It's not yet fully complete, but I've been developing a successor to MonkeyFlow which works in MediaMonkey 5, if you'd like to try it. Instead of opening in a new window, it exists as a new "view" inside the interface itself (like the List View / Album Grid view, etc.) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=99528
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
galur

Post by galur »

Thanks a lot drakinite!
I will try your new development for MM5.

drakinite wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:29 am
galur wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:31 pm Would it be possible to maybe make a new build with a new Vizard version (6)?

Or any other ideas?
It's not yet fully complete, but I've been developing a successor to MonkeyFlow which works in MediaMonkey 5, if you'd like to try it. Instead of opening in a new window, it exists as a new "view" inside the interface itself (like the List View / Album Grid view, etc.) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=99528
KevinSB2

Post by KevinSB2 »

Hello, I'm using MonkeyFlow 1.4 with MediaMonkey 4 (Gold version). I love MF, but am having a couple of issues.

(1) As others have reported, every now and then I will start MM and the albums will not appear in MF even though MF is loading with MM. I have read all the posts in this thread, but have not seen a solution other than moving to MM5, which I'm not willing to do in light of its inability to use Winamp DSP plugins (Enhancer in particular); and

(2) When I right click on an album cover and choose "Play Now" it plays only one song from the album. My understanding is that it's supposed to play the entire album. Interestingly, the song from the album that it plays is always the song whose song title is the lowest in the alphabet.

Any help would be appreciated.