MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by MMFrLife »

Meander, No go.

I must have it installed improperly. My MM is portable. What's yours and where do you have your MFlow ".exe" and ".vbs" files stored?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I figured it out !!

For it to be embedded, you have to have the files in Scripts > Auto folder......regardless of install type.
There are no window position/sizing issues with it embedded, as it just does fullscreen (no border to manipulate).

But it can also be run semi-standalone outside of MM. This is what I had. Too bad outside window does not rember last pos., as is native behavior in OS.
Maybe an OS default border menu could be implemented in a future version.

Happy, happy! 8)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
RiteshRituraj

Post by RiteshRituraj »

@Meander
Yeah, I checked the monkeyflow_cache folder. It's totally empty! I guess it's not normal. What do you suggest I do next ?

Thanks in advance !
Meander

Post by Meander »

RiteshRituraj,

First step. Make sure MM isn't running. Delete monkeyflow_cache folder. Re-open MM.

Let's see if simply forcing a re-creation does the trick.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Hey guys is there a way to put the monkeyflow.log file into the Portable\Temp folder of a portable install.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Alikalix

Post by Alikalix »

Hi! I've copied whole MediaMonkey with MediaMonkey folder placed in User\... to the new computer but MonkeyFlow wouldn't start. It doesn't even show the initialization screen. Tried turning off the antivirus, clean istallations, debug installation, runing as administrator, but without any change. It only creates MonkeyFlow folder in AppData\Local but nothing else in Temp nor Roaming. What to do?

***But old version almost works. It has to be run directly from monkeyflow.exe in Scripts\Auto folder, then enabled through the MonkeyFlow toggle in the MediaMonkey and when shutting down the MediaMonkey, in order to start M.Flow next time avoiding again that black screen instead of initialization, the M.F. has to be disabled through the toggle again. Mystery...

***Also on the MediaMonkey 3 is M.F. 1.3 working flawlessly.
Humanahum

Post by Humanahum »

Hi everyone. I have recently updated my MM and took with me the Addon MonkeyFlow. what used to work like a dream in now a mystery! I installed the Add on into the Auto Folder and unzipped it. I then ran MM as admin. The programme opened fine and Monkey Flow appeared on the "view" tag. However there is just a white box in the play area. I can enlarge it etc but there is no artwork, no words and no menu to change the settings. I have tried all the usual things and nothing seems to work. I seem to remember before that I double clicked on the Monkey Flow icon. Doing that now gets no response. It used to say initializing Monkey Flow but now - nothing - Any ideas?
gbauch

Post by gbauch »

Hi everyone

I'm using MonkeyFlow for quite a long time and I love this tool, but now a problem appeared:

On one of my Computers it's working very well (Windows 10 with newest Updates, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4). On my other Computer (Windows 7 SP1, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4) everything was fine, too.
After an Update of the second Computer to Windows 10 (newest Updates, MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801, MonkeyFlow 1.4) Monkey Flow consequently refuses to work. I tried everything I found in this forum or elsewhere. I also compared the permissions of any folder between the two Windows 10 Machines. Everything seems to be how it should be.

Then I recognized that winviz.exe isn't starting on the second machine. Starting in maually results in:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Also no monkeyflow_cache, gen_py and monkeyflow.log are created.

I even reinstalled all Visual C++ Redistributables, but nothing I tried resulted in a change.

Is there any idea for a solution?
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Humanahum wrote:Hi everyone. I have recently updated my MM and took with me the Addon MonkeyFlow. what used to work like a dream in now a mystery! I installed the Add on into the Auto Folder and unzipped it. I then ran MM as admin. The programme opened fine and Monkey Flow appeared on the "view" tag. However there is just a white box in the play area. I can enlarge it etc but there is no artwork, no words and no menu to change the settings. I have tried all the usual things and nothing seems to work. I seem to remember before that I double clicked on the Monkey Flow icon. Doing that now gets no response. It used to say initializing Monkey Flow but now - nothing - Any ideas?
I have EXACTLY the same problem at the moment!

Anybody out there that can help us please???
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I have only ever got this plugin to work half the time I have tried installing it. Has anyone tried to update it and make it more stable, at least the install process? It would be nice to see a version certified for the current version of MMG
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I guess MonkeyFlow is a deadend at this point.
powergroove69

Post by powergroove69 »

Download location is gone...

Post by Guest »

is there an alternative download location or can someone send me the 1.4 version?
ziagg

Post by ziagg »

Hi, if someone could make version 1.4 available again it would be much appreciated - the download link is dead.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Here is a link to the version i have, I dont know how to tell which it is as its not installed in the usual manner, there is a txt document inside the zip file which I use for my personal cache file so you will have to sort this bit out for yourself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/633c94acn5on6 ... w.zip?dl=0
I hope this helps.

Mike
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012