MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

zerosignal

Re: MonkeyFlow [Beta 3]

Post by zerosignal »

Can there build in an option to filter coverless albums out? I have a huge collection of just songs without any art... so I get a lot of empty "albums"... :(
jespervdw

Post by jespervdw »

zerosignal wrote:Can there build in an option to filter coverless albums out? I have a huge collection of just songs without any art... so I get a lot of empty "albums"... :(
Good one!
wertzuiopü

Post by wertzuiopü »

can u please implement this feature in mediamonkey? to me its of no use as an external application.
Lona

Post by Lona »

I was looking forward for a script like this to see what all the 'fuzz' about coverflow was about. I never owned an ipod and never used itunes so I never used coverflow. I did use pretty pictures, but it's not the same imo. As a test I started the program, but my test library (just four albums) already causes MonkeyFlow to use one core completely (I'm on a dualcore)...? Memory usage remains 44.428 kB, so no memoryleak here...
gege

Post by gege »

Lona wrote:I was looking forward for a script like this to see what all the 'fuzz' about coverflow was about. I never owned an ipod and never used itunes so I never used coverflow. I did use pretty pictures, but it's not the same imo. As a test I started the program, but my test library (just four albums) already causes MonkeyFlow to use one core completely (I'm on a dualcore)...? Memory usage remains 44.428 kB, so no memoryleak here...
Wow! There's wrong there, IMO.
My Library has ~1,030 albums, ~14,000 songs, all of them with album art (dimensions may vary, but 80% of them are 600x600 or 500x500 images).
My computer is a five years old Athlon 2600, Memory: 1GB, Graphics Card: GeForce 5600 with 128 MB.
MonkeyFlow runs smoothly here, even in fullscreen... so I think there's something really strange with yours.
BTW, what's the spec of your graphics card? This item is crucial for MonkeyFlow to run fine.
Lona

Post by Lona »

Definately something wrong ... !
Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+; 2 GB DDR2; Geforce EAH3450 256 DDR2
philcsf

Post by philcsf »

Great program. With a few tweaks this would be great for controlling music completely without using MM.

- Full-screen needs to be implemented a little better to be compatible with dual-monitor systems. When I click full screen, it expands over both screens but only renders graphics on the primary monitor - the second just shows lots of white squares where album art and buttons should be. Maybe detect the resolution of the primary display and full-screen to that rather than the whole thing.

- How about an option to enable the play controls (pause, forward, shuffle, etc) in the bottom-left of the window at all times? If the full-screen issue is fixed, that wouldn't be that much a problem, though.

- Also, nothing's currently mapped to the right mouse button. It would be cool if we could right click an album and bring up a list of songs in that album to select from, which would give MonkeyFlow full control over the music collection.

- Also, another option to hide albums with the album artist set as 'Various Artists', 'V.A.', or similar.

Final note, I couldn't find mediamonkey.ini at all, searched my entire computer, using the latest version of MM and Windows XP. The closest I could find was 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Extensions.ini', which didn't work. Keep up the good work, flashk! :D
jespervdw

Post by jespervdw »

philcsf wrote:Great program. With a few tweaks this would be great for controlling music completely without using MM.

- Full-screen needs to be implemented a little better to be compatible with dual-monitor systems. When I click full screen, it expands over both screens but only renders graphics on the primary monitor - the second just shows lots of white squares where album art and buttons should be. Maybe detect the resolution of the primary display and full-screen to that rather than the whole thing.

- How about an option to enable the play controls (pause, forward, shuffle, etc) in the bottom-left of the window at all times? If the full-screen issue is fixed, that wouldn't be that much a problem, though.

- Also, nothing's currently mapped to the right mouse button. It would be cool if we could right click an album and bring up a list of songs in that album to select from, which would give MonkeyFlow full control over the music collection.

- Also, another option to hide albums with the album artist set as 'Various Artists', 'V.A.', or similar.

Final note, I couldn't find mediamonkey.ini at all, searched my entire computer, using the latest version of MM and Windows XP. The closest I could find was 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Extensions.ini', which didn't work. Keep up the good work, flashk! :D
mediamonkey.ini is here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey. I'm using Vista, don't know if it matters.

The play-- buttons should come up smootly I thing, that would be awesome! Same as the 'N' and full screen button.
Last edited by jespervdw on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philcsf

Post by philcsf »

Thanks, found in on XP under 'C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\mediamonkey.ini' :)
flashk

Post by flashk »

philcsf wrote:- Full-screen needs to be implemented a little better to be compatible with dual-monitor systems. When I click full screen, it expands over both screens but only renders graphics on the primary monitor - the second just shows lots of white squares where album art and buttons should be. Maybe detect the resolution of the primary display and full-screen to that rather than the whole thing.
I've already added this to the latest version. MonkeyFlow will go fullscreen on the primary monitor.
philcsf wrote:- How about an option to enable the play controls (pause, forward, shuffle, etc) in the bottom-left of the window at all times? If the full-screen issue is fixed, that wouldn't be that much a problem, though.
I can add a special keystroke that could toggle the playback controls on/off. I'll look into this.
philcsf wrote:- Also, nothing's currently mapped to the right mouse button. It would be cool if we could right click an album and bring up a list of songs in that album to select from, which would give MonkeyFlow full control over the music collection.
I'd like to add this, but I've decided to spend most of my effort on an embedded version of MonkeyFlow, which is almost finished.

Thanks for the feedback!
jespervdw

Post by jespervdw »

flashk wrote:
philcsf wrote:- Also, nothing's currently mapped to the right mouse button. It would be cool if we could right click an album and bring up a list of songs in that album to select from, which would give MonkeyFlow full control over the music collection.
I'd like to add this, but I've decided to spend most of my effort on an embedded version of MonkeyFlow, which is almost finished.

Thanks for the feedback!
...which is almost finished... That sounds VERY GOOOODDD!! :D
Go flashk

Post by Guest »

Great work man this is amazing!

I would have payed allot for this feature its really the only feature imo media monkey was missing

I have to agree with previous posts that an option to see the tracks in the album is definitly the iceing on the cake so to speak.

Allso for the some way of selecting the play option weather its "play now" or "play next" or "Playlast"

As in when your normally using media monkey, now it seems to wipe the play list and play the new album the, so this and the combined option to see tracks would give the option to add any song to the now playing list would be great!

O and your PicLens type view looks amazing looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work man.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

Guest wrote:Great work man this is amazing!

I would have payed allot for this feature its really the only feature imo media monkey was missing

I have to agree with previous posts that an option to see the tracks in the album is definitly the iceing on the cake so to speak.

Allso for the some way of selecting the play option weather its "play now" or "play next" or "Playlast"

As in when your normally using media monkey, now it seems to wipe the play list and play the new album the, so this and the combined option to see tracks would give the option to add any song to the now playing list would be great!

O and your PicLens type view looks amazing looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work man.

Nothing more to add from me :D
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
Miki

Post by Miki »

Is there any way to make it save window size and position?

I've got this hooked up with a launchy shortcut, takes a while to load, but thats another matter (maybe being able to send the program to tray?), but id like this to be centred on my screen and a relatively small size.

Any help would be great.

Cheers, Mike.
jwright

Post by jwright »

WOW !!!!!
This is fantastic. I have loved MediaMonkey for quite some time now, but this little app put the icing on the cake. Now, no one should have to be burdened with it@nes just to get the cool browser - freedom at last.
I for one don't mind the non-embedded format. There are times when I don't want to browse, just fire up MM and go. If I want to browse, or impress others with the best media player around, it is 2-click to launch Monkeyflow and I'm in business.

I am having one problem. My 'various artist' albums are showing a blank cover with {song artist-album title} title for each song on the album. A number of the albums (?all?) are then listed with a blank cover and a "'various'" artist. The album is then shown correctly under the 'various artist' filling. Any ideas on fixing this one glitch?

flashk - thank you so much for your effort, you have really improved a great product.
jwright