Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ho:

I have a MN which checks to see which playlist(s) a song belongs to. Unfortunately, having to go to this node in order to determine the playlist information is cumbersome and inconvenient. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run a script that would take the playlist names and add them to the comments field or maybe the lyrics field since I don't use that one. This is the code which I use to determine the playlist information:

Songs In Playlist|SQL filter: exists (select * from PlaylistSongs where IDSong=songs.ID)\<artist>\<playlist>

This would be really helpful if it is possible because I use the great Detailed Song Info Script and the information would be readily accessible.

Thanks in Advance,

Nyn
MM3 monkey

Ta.

Post by MM3 monkey »

I just want to say thanks a lot for this.

That's it for now. :)
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Your site seems to be down !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

Post by Guest »

site down :cry: :cry:
Pablo (not logged in)

Post by Pablo (not logged in) »

It should be working now. Sorry about the long downtime.
hhggrr

Help With Magic Node

Post by hhggrr »

I need to find Albums with the same name for different Artists as my Creative Zen Vision M puts the same Album Art to an Album regardless of what artist it is from, e.g. if the Album is named Greatest Hits but the artist is Aerosmith or America it will put the same Album Art to both of them.

I tried modifying the following node using Artist instead of Genre without success:

Code: Select all

Multiple Genres In Album|SQL Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT Inline.IDAlbum FROM (SELECT Songs.IDAlbum, Songs.Genre FROM Songs INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre WHERE Songs.IDAlbum>0 GROUP BY Songs.IDAlbum, Songs.Genre) inline GROUP BY Inline.IDAlbum HAVING Count(Inline.IDAlbum)>1)\<Album>\<Genre>
Any help would be appreciated.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Try this one, I found a modification of it on one of the pages, but I cannot for the life of me remember where. So whoever the original creator is, thank you:

Same Album by Diff. Artists\<album|min tracks:2>

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

This should do it:

Albums with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT ID FROM Albums,(SELECT Album FROM Albums GROUP BY Album HAVING Count(*)>1) Inline1 WHERE Inline1.Album=Albums.Album)\<Album>
Nyn,
I'm not so sure your mask will give desired result, will it?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex:

Yours works better, has more organized structure, mine also had some false-positives. Now I'll have to take yours and change it to track titles (which is where I changed mine from). Thanks again.

Nyn

nojac

Re: Help With Magic Node

Post by nojac »

hhggrr wrote:I need to find Albums with the same name for different Artists
Doesn't the node Files to edit > Multiple Artist Albums give you what you want?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I could be wrong, but he might be speaking of a situation like:

Artist (Album Artist) - Album
Elton John - Greatest Hits
Elvis Presley - Greatest Hits

Where two different artists have albums with the same name. Not situations like compilations/soundtracks. Again, could be wrong though.
nojac

Post by nojac »

The Multiple Artists Album node lists all albums with the same name from different Album Artists. It is then up to you to decide which ones are compilations ( to put "Various" in the Album Artist field) and which ones are really different albums.

In this case hhggrr will probably have to give these albums different names.

Back to the topic: Now that Pablo is no longer active on the forum and there is an alternative Magic Nodes-thread for MM2+3, can't a moderator please change the subject of this thread? Yes, WEBSITE HAS CHANGED, but that was in April 2006. And please add [MM2] to avoid confusion.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Bex wrote:

Albums with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT ID FROM Albums,(SELECT Album FROM Albums GROUP BY Album HAVING Count(*)>1) Inline1 WHERE Inline1.Album=Albums.Album)\<Album>
Execution time: 907 seconds, result: 59 albums with 1104 files (from DB approx. 15000 files)

A subquery is a bad thing. A subquery inside of an another subquery is a bad thing on the square. A subquery inside of an another subquery which is inside of a third subquery is a bad thing on the third degree. This query has three nested queries - two visible in MN mask and one which is constructed inside of the script itself.

So, here is a much better solution:

Albums with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Albums.ID FROM Albums INNER JOIN Albums As Inline ON Albums.Album = Inline.Album AND Albums.ID <> Inline.ID)\<Album>
Execution time: 3 seconds, same result: 59 albums with 1104 files.
nynaevelan wrote:Same Album by Diff. Artists\<album|min tracks:2>
This query has nothing similar with a request. It returns only albums which have more than one track.
nojac wrote:there is an alternative Magic Nodes-thread for MM2+3
Please, be patient. Very soon, there will be some notable changes.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes , I know they are slow...

Very clever workaround ZvezdanD I didn't see that one!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Zvezdand:
Code:
Albums with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Albums.ID FROM Albums INNER JOIN Albums As Inline ON Albums.Album = Inline.Album AND Albums.ID <> Inline.ID)\<Album>
Can you do the same thing except for song titles instead of albums??

Nyn