Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Philby

Post by Philby »

Have you read the documentation on Magic Nodes. Plenty of examples.
Regards
Philby
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

confusing for me a nonprogramer

i have to keep messing with the scripts i use if they don't work it takes me 3 hours to 4 days to find and fix errors / errors for my computer in the scripts where it would only take a programmer 3 to 4 minutes.

i just need something simple that i can grasp hold of what it does so i can start to see what might not work on my system and adapt it. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Well one of the ideas for future versions is to design a graphical interface for the creation of magic nodes, which would make it easier to use for some people. But even now, it's not necessary to know any programming or scripting to use the node. Ralf (don't remember his MM id) has written some nice documentation which will also be included with the next release of the script.
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

I'm getting the same error as Sadao did (see below). I've reinstalled MM 2.4.2 and am using MagicNodes 1.3 but reinstall didn't help. Anyone else have any ideas?

WinXP Pro SP2, copied MagicNodes 1.3 into Scripts\Auto folder, no other versions of MagicNodes in there.
sadao wrote:Great work. The additions you have included are definitely what I wanted.

I'm having some issues though. I get the following error message when I launch MM RC-1 (also happened with B5):

Error #457 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
The key is already associated with an element in this collection
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.1.vbs", Line: 74, Column: 1

After hitting okay, I get:

Error Happened During Script Execution:

After hitting okay again I can get into MM fine but I don't see (not surprisingly), the add magic node option in the edit menu.

Couple of comments:
-I'm running win2k sp4 with MM RC-1
-The first time I launched the script with Magic Nodes 1.1 in the auto folder I forgot to remove 1.0. I have removed 1.0 since.

S.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

MagGyver, did you start getting errors just after installing the scripts, or after creating some node? Can you post the exact error message you're getting? (Sadao's error message corresponds to an older version of the script). Thanks!
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Hi Pablo,

The error comes up as soon as I open MediaMonkey. The first part says:

"Error #457 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 81, Column: 1 "

Then I click OK. Then I see another error window:

"Error Happened During Script Execution:
The key is already associated with an element in this collection."

I click OK again and MediaMonkey loads, but I see no Add Nodes item in Edit menu or any other menu. MM works just fine as before in every other regard.

I uninstalled MM, removing the MagicNodes script, and rebooted, then reinstalled, opened MM a first time, then closed it and copied the script into the Scripts\Auto folder, then reopened MM. This error occurs every time I open it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is really odd. Try this: with MM closed, backup the script file, then open it with a text editor (such as notepad). Look for the following three consecutive lines:

Code: Select all

.Add "COMPOSER", "Songs.Author"
	.Add "TEMPO", "Lists.TextData"
	.Add "MOOD", "Lists.TextData"
(Lines 80 to 82). Add a ' at the beginning of each of these lines. So you should end up with:

'.Add "COMPOSER", "Songs.Author"
	'.Add "TEMPO", "Lists.TextData"
	'.Add "MOOD", "Lists.TextData"
Save and restart MM. Let me know if you're getting the same error after this (you'll likely still get an error, but hopefully a different one).
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Pablo,

Still getting the same error except the line number has changed. It now reads:

"Error #457 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 155, Column: 1 "

The second error window pops up again after clicking OK, then if I click OK again MM loads with no Add Nodes menu item.

It looks like we're making progress, at least. Thanks for your attention to this. :)
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

*bump*

I'm still encountering the same error every time I open MM with the MagicNode script installed. Might there be any other suggestions of what to try?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@MagGyver
Do you have a second version of MagicNodes in your Scripts/Auto-Folder?

Post by Guest »

No, just the one file MagicNodes.1.3.vbs
Risser

Post by Risser »

Are you sure? Your first post said the file was 1.1. Maybe do a drive-search for vbs files and see where magic node files might be hiding.

Peter
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hey, thanks for bumping this. Now look for

.Add "TEMPO", True
in the script file, should be line 155. And replace it by

'.Add "TEMPO", True
You should keep getting the error but with a new line number. If you have a text editor with line numbers, you can just add a ' before each line for which you're getting an error. If not, let us know the error and I'll look up the corresponding line for you.
SMRGroup

Feature Request

Post by SMRGroup »

Just started using Magic Nodes and it's a huge help, I wanted to sort all my high-resolution files into one group and found a way to do that by file type (they're all lossless APE).

One feature request - would it be possible to add a parameter for sample rates? I'd really like to sort into groups of 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz if possible.

Thanks for the great plug-in!
Pablo

Re: Feature Request

Post by Pablo »

SMRGroup wrote: One feature request - would it be possible to add a parameter for sample rates? I'd really like to sort into groups of 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz if possible.
Yes, that's definitely possible. It'll be included in the next release.