Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hi, I'm Pablo, the original creator of the MagicNodes script. I've been away from these forums for several months due to too much study, work and travel 8) . Thanks a lot to all who have helped answering questions and coming up with solutions in this thread.

I would like to continue the development of the script but I can't really make any promises right now. As always, if any of the great scripters here want to become formally involved please just let me know by PM.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

willow wrote:I have done a little search and this thread is too big to read. I'm unable to find an answer to this. I am not able to perform an action on a magic node the way you can do with a MM node. For example selecting a node and performing conversion. I have to go inside and to select all files and then perform the action. It would have been nice if I had not to do that. Do you have the same behavior?
You are right. There are a few differences between a magic node and a regular MM node and this is one of them. As far as I know there's no way to replicate the behavior of the standard nodes in this respect (Jiri, is this correct?). So unfortunately you'll have to continute selecting all tracks.
Pablo

Re: Combining of fields with Magic Nodes

Post by Pablo »

Maoman wrote:As a quite new user of MediaMonkey I have just discovered Magic Nodes and it looks great. I have started to play with it and because I don't have many albums in my library yet, I was trying to create a new magic node, which would organize my tracks in a simple 1-level tree with Artist, Album and Year (and sorted by Artist and Year), like this:

Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights (2002)
Interpol - Antics (2004)
Strokes - Is This It (2001)
Strokes - Room on Fire (2003)
Strokes - First Impressions on Earth (2006)

I was not able to figure out how to combine the fields <Artist>, <Album> and <Year> to create such nodes. The only way I was able to do was creating of a custom field <ArtistAlbumYear> in the MM database with this combined information. It was working, but I still had a problem to sort the tree by Artist and Year - I could sort it by Artist (default) or by Year (with a qualifier sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc), but not primarily by Artist and secondarily by Year.
Is it possible to create something like this with Magic Nodes (or with any other script)?? It would make me really happy! :)

Thanks, Maoman
It is not currently possible, however it is not too hard to implement. Please send me a PM with your e-mail (you will need to register for this) and I'll e-mail you a modified version that allows this.
Last edited by Pablo on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Child of:Title ???

Post by Pablo »

ResumeMan wrote: I have a Magic Node that I would like to show up on the tree between Title and Artist. But when I try to set up the node "Child of:Title" I get an error (syntax I think; I'm not at my MM computer right now). It works fine as child of:Artist and child of:Album, so I'm confused.
You're not doing anything wrong. Because of current limitations of MM's scripting system it is not possible to create child nodes of the Title node. I see where this inconsistency can be confusing, but this would need to be changed at the MM level.
ResumeMan wrote:
Also, what does Icon:Top level, or bottom level mean? I tried playing around with that and couldn't see anything change.
Thanks!
This makes a difference when a magic node has at least two levels. Suppose for example you have a node that displays albums under album artists. If you select "Icon:Top Level" the icon for the magic node will be that of album artist (the top level in the node hierarchy). If you select "Icon:Bottom Level" the album icon will be displayed, because that's the bottom level in the hierarchy. Hope this helps.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sammy20 wrote:Does anyone know the code to show incomplete albums. I remember getting it from this post, but cant seem to find it now.
Here it is:

Code: Select all

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(SongOrder) <> (Max(SongOrder+1)) AND Count(SongOrder) > 1)|show tracks:no\<Album Artist>\<Album> 
This will basically display all albums for which something's wrong in the track number sequence (some numbers missing, duplicates, etc).

It is very important that you fit all of the definition in one line when you create the magic node. Copying and pasting may cause trouble. Also, the creation of the node may be a little slow depending on the size of your collection and the speed of your computer.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Dam, it's good to see you back, and a new version too. F'ckn awesome.
keiju

Post by keiju »

I´ve tried my best to get it done but i just can´t. May you help me?

Im trying to get a Magic Node that groups the songs that has in Custom 1 the word Rock ¿is that possible?

EDIT: While trying to get this working i screwed up the whole thing :-? Now i just can´t make the script to work ¿Where are stored the nodes? I think that if i delete the last one i tried to create the problem will be solved. Anyways now Magic Modes doesnt work for me :( (a fresh copy of the script doesnt solve the problem)

I get this error at MM start: Error 1032 - Character not valid - Line 1003 Column 3

Thanks in advance for any clue!
Ryan

"The" Problem

Post by Ryan »

Hi, Ive seen a few requests/mentions of this issue but with no solution!

Is there a way to get an <Album Artist> Magic Node to display the album artists and ignore the "the"?

Ryan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sammy20 wrote:Dam, it's good to see you back, and a new version too. F'ckn awesome.
:)
keiju wrote: Im trying to get a Magic Node that groups the songs that has in Custom 1 the word Rock ¿is that possible?
Try:

Rock in CF|Filter: custom1 LIKE '%rock%'\<album artist>
You have tu use the name you gave to the custom1 field in Options/Appearance rather than custom1 (if you never changed the name then by default it is custom1).
keiju wrote: ¿Where are stored the nodes? I think that if i delete the last one i tried to create the problem will be solved.
The node definitions are in the mediamonkey.ini file which is usually in the MyMusic/MediaMonkey folder. You have to look for the [CustomNodes]section. Let me know if deleting the last definition helps.
Ryan wrote: Hi, Ive seen a few requests/mentions of this issue but with no solution!

Is there a way to get an <Album Artist> Magic Node to display the album artists and ignore the "the"?
The last version (1.3b) ignores the "the" for sorting purposes but still displays it; i.e. it works exactly like the standard Artist node. A future version will allow the user to customize what to do with the "the".
keiju

Post by keiju »

Pablo wrote: Try:

Rock in CF|Filter: custom1 LIKE '%rock%'\<album artist>
Let me know if deleting the last definition helps.
Big Fat Thank You !

It Worked!! :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Welcome Back Pablo!

Since your back and continuing development of MagicNodes, I have a question/request..

I am using the following MN code:

Cover-Storage|show tracks:no\<Cover Storage>
Which takes quite a long time to process.

While its processing it basically locks up the entire MM UI and halts playback until control has returned to MM. The current track plays until the end, but the next track will not start until processing is done. This also blocks any background processes (scanning/analysing/converting) as well.

My question/request is, is there something that can be changed/better implemented so that MN will never block the rest of the MM UI from working properly? Or is this primarily an issue with MM itself?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Teknojnky wrote:Welcome Back Pablo!

Since your back and continuing development of MagicNodes, I have a question/request..

I am using the following MN code:

Cover-Storage|show tracks:no\<Cover Storage>
Which takes quite a long time to process.

While its processing it basically locks up the entire MM UI and halts playback until control has returned to MM. The current track plays until the end, but the next track will not start until processing is done. This also blocks any background processes (scanning/analysing/converting) as well.

My question/request is, is there something that can be changed/better implemented so that MN will never block the rest of the MM UI from working properly? Or is this primarily an issue with MM itself?
Teknojnky, a few things:

1) I'm surprised this particular node takes long to process. A very simple SQL statement is involved and it runs almost instantly in my system. Do you have an exceedingly large library? (>30000 tracks). Do your other MNs run faster?

2) I investigated the topic of not blocking the rest of MM while a MN is being created/expanded, in fact it is discussed somewhere in this thread, and the conclusion was that it was not possible.

3) I'm overhauling the script completely and it is possible that some nodes will run faster now, but again with such a simple node there's not much room for optimization.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I do have quite a large library, ~124gig - ~24k tracks.

Most other nodes process pretty quickly, other than the "incomplete album' node which also can take a very long time:

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(SongOrder) <> (Max(SongOrder+1)) AND Count(SongOrder) > 1)|show tracks:no\<Album Artist>\<Album>
In some cases 30+ minutes (depending on other processor load) but usually 3-6ish.

For reference, I'm running an AMD64, 3500+ 1 gig of ram, and both the library and MM install run from an external 300 gig maxtor drive via firewire.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Oh, almost forgot, wanted to ask about a <lyrics> node, one that works similar to <cover storage> and/or <cover type> would be swell. :)

Basically, I want to see a node view of which files have lyrics and how they are attached.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Teknojnky wrote:I do have quite a large library, ~124gig - ~24k tracks.

Most other nodes process pretty quickly, other than the "incomplete album' node which also can take a very long time
The "incomplete album" node does take longer, but I still don't see why the cover type should take so long. Do you have MS Access?
Teknojnky wrote:Basically, I want to see a node view of which files have lyrics and how they are attached.
What would be the different types of attachments? As far as I know, MediaMonkey handles only the lyrics ID3 tag (and may be the equivalent for other music formats), which one can access and modify through the "Lyrics" property tab.

Next version will contain a field for which files have lyrics.