Linking songs together on random playback

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Keith M

Linking songs together on random playback

Post by Keith M »

I use Media Monkey all the time. Is there a script written that would allow certain songs to be "linked" together on playback while MM is set on random? I already have all my MP3's ripped & I guess I am too lazy to rip them again or to use a MP3 editing program.

For example: I have separate MP3's for the songs on Abbey Road, but when they play back, I don't want to hear "Carry That Weight" without "The End" following it.

Any ideas? I searched the forum & if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find the answer.

Thanks for your time.
spacefish

Re: Linking songs together on random playback

Post by spacefish »

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Keith M

Post by Keith M »

Thanks for the help, but now I have another question.

Where can I find help installing scripts? After I copy the text of the script to the Scripts Folder, I cannot change the file from a *.txt file to a *.VBS file.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I am not sure what I am to look for.

Thanks for helping!!!
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It might be a permissions issue? You shouldn't have any problem changing .txt to .vbs if you have correct permissions in the folder. Make sure the document isn't Read Only. Try saving the text file to the desktop first, change the extension and then move it to the Scripts folder. I've never used the script myself but it should work.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Keith M wrote:Thanks for the help, but now I have another question.

Where can I find help installing scripts? After I copy the text of the script to the Scripts Folder, I cannot change the file from a *.txt file to a *.VBS file.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I am not sure what I am to look for.

Thanks for helping!!!
You have to allow extensions to be viewed. In Windows explorer go to Tools | Folder Options | View tab, then uncheck "Hide extensions"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.