Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

What is new:
v5.1 - 2015-01-21
* Added: possibility to replace two or more paths with the same number of another paths using " (double quote) as a separator between paths (only when the Use mask for specifying paths option is turned off), applicable both for export and import.

For example, if you enter Replace: i:\music\artists\"i:\music\soundtrack\ and With: TF1:\music\"TF2:\music\ then you will get replaced i:\music\artists\ with TF1:\music\ and i:\music\soundtrack\ will be replaced with TF2:\music\ (although you could write it as Replace: "i:\music\artists\", "i:\music\soundtrack\" and With: "TF1:\music\", "TF2:\music\").

If you want to replace two or more paths with single path then use the | separator in the Replace string as it was the case with the previous versions, e.g. if you enter Replace: i:\music\artists\"i:\music\soundtrack\|I:\Music\Genre\ and With: TF1:\music\"TF2:\music\ you will get replaced both i:\music\soundtrack\ and I:\Music\Genre\ paths with TF2:\music\.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
res1999

Post by res1999 »

Thanks for the help; just sent a donation your way. Looking forward to try it out.
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

Hi,

I am mostly interested in the export features.
I am wondering how your script handles MagicNodes nested playlists, that have aggregate statistics on the nodes...
e.g. 2010s > 2015 (23 files) etc.
when new files are added in 2015, the magic node will become...
e.g. 2010s > 2015 (55 files).

When an export is run automatically on shutdown let's say, will I end up with 2 versions of the same playlist? or do you have procedures in place which recognize the old playlist and remove it?
If not, wouldn't it be good to add such functionality? A simpler solution could be a checkbox that says "empty export folder before export" (dangerous) or "delete the old playlists before export" (safer).

Another issue is the long filenames for nested playlists. It would be nice to add an option that exports to single folder, but without concatenation of parent names. It is true that this may in some cases result in overwriting of playlists in the single folder, but it may be beneficial in some cases where no overwriting will result, because names will be short.
e.g. Instead of this "[MOBILE] Decades by Year - 2000's - 2005 (251 files).m3u" it is better to have this "2005 (251 files).m3u"

Very useful script. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

conandrum wrote:I am mostly interested in the export features.
I am wondering how your script handles MagicNodes nested playlists, that have aggregate statistics on the nodes...
e.g. 2010s > 2015 (23 files) etc.
when new files are added in 2015, the magic node will become...
e.g. 2010s > 2015 (55 files).

When an export is run automatically on shutdown let's say, will I end up with 2 versions of the same playlist? or do you have procedures in place which recognize the old playlist and remove it?
When you say "MagicNodes nested playlists" I am not sure if you mean on the regular Magic nodes (outside of the Playlists branch) or the Magic nodes from the Playlists branch - those are two different things. By default, the Export/Create Playlists add-on exports regular Magic nodes without statistics, i.e. if the caption of node is "2010s > 2015 (23 files)" you will get the playlist "2010s _ 2015.m3u" (the ">" character is not allowed in the filename). That also means that you will get overwritten playlist files with the new content on the new export even if the statistics change.

However, there is one Ini key that enables export with the statistics. Here is the excerpt from the "Additional INI keys" section of the first post of this thread:
"- PathsWithFullMNCaptions - if this key is = 0 (default) then playlists exported from Magic nodes would not have Statistic addition to the node's caption in their names, however if you want that part of caption in the playlist names then you should write = 1;"

So, if you want to get the playlist filenames with statistics (e.g. "2010s _ 2015 (23 files).m3u") you should add the mentioned key by hand set to 1 to the "ExportM3UsForChildNodes" section in the MediaMonkey.ini file.
conandrum wrote:If not, wouldn't it be good to add such functionality? A simpler solution could be a checkbox that says "empty export folder before export" (dangerous) or "delete the old playlists before export" (safer).
The Export/Create Playlists add-on doesn't delete any playlist files with filenames that are different than the exported ones, it only overwrites the ones with the same names. The reason for that is as you said - it is dangerous. For example, I could have all playlist files stored in one folder and the add-on cannot know which playlists should be deleted on every export.
conandrum wrote:Another issue is the long filenames for nested playlists. It would be nice to add an option that exports to single folder, but without concatenation of parent names. It is true that this may in some cases result in overwriting of playlists in the single folder, but it may be beneficial in some cases where no overwriting will result, because names will be short.
e.g. Instead of this "[MOBILE] Decades by Year - 2000's - 2005 (251 files).m3u" it is better to have this "2005 (251 files).m3u"
I am not sure how this would be useful for other users. Anyway, if you are exporting some Magic Nodes branch, you could always create the one that will contain only nodes with the wanted captions.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

The key PathsWithFullMNCaptions is certainly useful.
However I would ask you to concider adding an option that exports to single folder, but without concatenation of parent names (if the user wants - check box [do not concat parent name]).
In this way, playlists will be exported exactly as they appear on the phone - flat structure.

Thanks
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

So that noone is left hanging without an update, the developer of this script has the modifications ready for exporting to a flat list of playlists, without parent prefixes.
"I have implemented your suggestion about export of playlists to the single folder using only captions of the current node. There is a new check box "Join Folder Levels" which should be disabled if you want such behavior; if you turn it on you would get the same behavior as before."
So if you want such functionality contact the developer for the paid version.

Happy monkeying!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

What is new:
v5.2 - 2015-06-06
* Added: Join folder levels option which allows export to the single folder using only captions of the corresponding nodes; if that option is turned on the behavior would be as before using captions of all parent nodes as well. For example, if I have the following tree branch:

Code: Select all

+  Rock
    +  Pink Floyd
        +  Dark Side of the Moon
        +  Wish You Were Here
with the mentioned option turned off I would get: "Dark Side of the Moon.m3u" and "Wish You Were Here.m3u" files, but if I turn it on I would get "Rock - Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.m3u" and "Rock - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.m3u" files.
* Renamed: Split check box to Split folder levels that is enabled when To nested folders/playlists is selected; the same check box is using for Join folder levels option if To single folder/playlist is selected.
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

I just tried it Zvendan and it is perfect. Exactly how a mobile music player will display the playlists.
Well done and thanks.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

This download link for your add on is returning a Not Found error.

http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/Export
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
Data643

Post by Data643 »

I'm running into a bug wherein the plugin crashes after I attempt to edit settings. This is with version 4.0.6 (free version) of the plugin and 4.1.9.1764 of MM.

Here are my settings before I close the window. http://i.imgur.com/BelvLR5.png
After I hit 'OK' the plugin gives me this error and stops working. http://i.imgur.com/u0Zfn7g.png
I used the plugin a few versions back and it worked well, but I had to reinstall windows (and the plugin) and now it doesn't seem to work right.

Thanks for the hard work, it is much appreciated!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Data643 wrote:After I hit 'OK' the plugin gives me this error and stops working.
The is the new v4.0.7 release with that bug fixed. Thanks for the report.
norbert69

Post by norbert69 »

just tried this, and wanted to run a test...right clicked my playlists node, export playlists, create playlists for child nodes, add to playlists
now all my non auto playlists are empty?!?!
i hope this is reverseable...
why can this happen?!?!
this is why i hate the MM system of not storing the playlists...grrrrrrrr
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

norbert69 wrote:just tried this, and wanted to run a test...right clicked my playlists node, export playlists, create playlists for child nodes, add to playlists
now all my non auto playlists are empty?!?!
i hope this is reverseable...
I am really sorry that you lost your playlists using this add-on. Unfortunately, this is not reversible unless if you made previously a backup of your MM database. Here is the exception from the Usage section that I just added to the Web page:

"First of all, you need to understand the difference between playlist files and MediaMonkey playlists (or shorter "playlists"): the playlist files are the lists of media files stored in M3U, ASX or XSPF files, while the playlists are the lists of media files stored in the MediaMonkey database and visually represented inside of the Playlists folder of the Media Tree.

The Export/Create Playlists add-on could export playlist file(s) using some of the Export commands from its menu, or it could create MM playlist(s) using the Create Playlists for Child Nodes command from the menu. The Export commands could be seen as an extension to the built-in Send to / M3U/XSPF playlist menu command, while the Create Playlists command could be seen as some kind of extension to the built-in Send to / Playlist menu command."

So, if you wanted to get playlist files based on your MM playlists you should have to use some of the Export commands from the menu. Instead, you used the Create Playlists for Child Nodes command with the selected Playlists node and you have chosen the Playlists node as the target, i.e. you tried to add the MM playlists into themselves.

I know it is too late for you now, but I just updated the add-on with added some more checking and the confirmation boxes which could warn users in similar situations. I have also disabled the Create Playlists command for all nodes from the Playlists branch to avoid situations as yours.
jbell13

Exporting MMW Playlists to Synology Audio Station

Post by jbell13 »

I have been trying for some time without success to export my MMW playlists to my Synology NAS (DS 716+ ii) Audio Station (DSM 6.1). I purchased the updated add-on Export/Import Playlists (Version 5.3.6) because I know that the normal MMW playlist export format cannot be read by NAS devices. I have tried numerous option configurations in this utility to change the playlist file paths (plus editing the exported files using Notepad++) so Audio Station will be able to read them but I keep getting red Xs beside the playlist songs in Audio Station indicating that it cannot read the songs. I am by no means technically sophisticated in these matters. If someone would provide me with step by step directions on how to export MMW playlists to a Synology Audio Station (6.1) I would very much appreciate it.

Windows 10 x 64 (1607)
Dell XPS 8700
MMW Gold Lifetime 4.1.15 1830
jbell13

Re: Exporting MMW Playlists to Synology Audio Station

Post by jbell13 »

After much research and with the generous help of Zvezdan Dimitrijevic,the developer of the MM add-on "Export/Import Playlists" (Version 5.3.6 "E/IP"), issue has been resolved.
To assist others, these are the steps that I followed:
1. Copy/transfer your music files to the Shared Music folder/mapped network drive you created for your Audio Station music using your Synology Disk Station Manager (DSM). In my case, my MM source music files were located on an external drive (L) on the following path: L:\Shared Music\iTunes Media\Music.
2. Create a Playlists folder in your NAS Shared Music folder/mapped network drive.
3. In MM if you wish to copy all of your playlists highlight your "Playlists" parent node in your MM media tree. If you wish to copy just one playlist, click that playlist.
4. Configure E/IP options dialogue box as follows:
- Under Ex/Import: check the following: "Selected Node", "First Level of sub-notes", "Parent level", "To single folder/playlist", "M3U" and "ANSI"
- Under Paths in Playlist Files check the following: "Unix" and "Replace" . In the "Replace" dialogue box write path to the folder that contains your music files. My path was: L:\Shared Music\iTunes Media\Music.
- In the "With" dialogue box (as in "replace with") write: "..\"
Do NOT put check in either "Use Regular expressions.." or ""Use mask for specifying paths"
4.In the main E/IP drop down options select "Export Child Nodes to Playlist files".
5.You will then be asked for the export destination. Select as your destination the "Playlists" folder you created in your NAS "Shared Music" folder/mapped network drive.
6. Open your DSM, then Audio Station. Click "All Playlists" and they should be there and they should be readable.
I strongly recommend using the updated version of the "Export/Import Playlists" to do this. A small donation via PayPal is required but well worth it in my opinion. Thanks again to Mr. Dimitrijevic for his help.