Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

AndréVonDrei

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by AndréVonDrei »

Getting the same error message as Saiyavenger, guessing Last.fm must have changed something.
Could anyone else try to run the script and see whether it's two isolated cases or something bigger
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Saiyavenger wrote:Whenever I try to run this script, I get an error saying "There are no charts available for this user". Any way I can fix this?
I too ran into this problem today and I did not have this problem when I ran the script on Friday, has something changed in Last.FM?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
AndréVonDrei

Post by AndréVonDrei »

As I look my last.fm page, I see that the have gone from numerical dates (09.04.2009) to writing (last wednesday). Guess this might complicate the script abit
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Any timetable on a fix?
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Out of my hands I'm afraid.
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Well, we've got a slight improvement at least. It's trying to work, but it isn't.

Here's the alerts I'm getting.

"HTTP Timeout: No tracks updated"
"Failed to get XML from LoadXML()"

And then it goes to the results dialog, which, of course, said "nothing was updated".
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Working again for me, although the status page has not been updated.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Psyker7 wrote:Working again for me, although the status page has not been updated.
Same here, I guess LastFM fixed whatever the problem was. I still wish there was a way to do a mass update to LastFM to match MM.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Still not working for me. Getting the same two error messages as last time.
Champkat

Post by Champkat »

Well I was having the same problems as the rest of you. If you go to the bottom of the LastFM page and look around there is a LastFM status "blog". Apparently it was the LastFM internal problems. I did manage to get my LastFm import to work last night. ALL night. LOLOLOL I am not complaining. 36,605 play counts imported back into my MM :D I am a very happy camper today. Thanks so much for this script.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Saiyavenger wrote:Still not working for me. Getting the same two error messages as last time.
I just tried your username with version 1.12, and it worked fine... 12 weeks of data parsed OK.
The timeout implies it's an issue with your network connection, anything wierd with proxies or something?
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Turns out it was something on my end. Just needed a fresh reinstall. Everything working as designed now.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Hey great script.

Just wondering if the getting the Last Played date from last.fm into Mediamonkey is at all possible?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks for the script. I used it to import play counts for a rebuilt database. Only real problem was where last.fm had "auto-corrected" artist names. No real solution, the auto-correct only applies to recent plays, not track history and no way to rename/correct artist names in last.fm.

One word of warning, I had a podcast update (about 70 subscriptions) trigger in the middle of running this script (106 weeks, 35,000 tracks, about 10,000 play counts updated). Both your script and podcast updates are SQL intensive. Resulted in some munged podcast episodes. Recommend turning off podcast updates in options before running the script.

I re-ran the script after reviewing results and correcting some tag info. Updated just the changes. Nice.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies