Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ringgh0st

Re: Monkey Server 0.96 (2010-08-14) [MM3] w/Templates and Th

Post by ringgh0st »

jednie wrote:This is my mistake. The reason I put an expiration date in the program is make sure that the latest version of the program is being used. I put the expiration date out far enough with the intent that I would release an update before that time. I have no intention of charging money for this application. I will try to release an update in the next couple of days. Sorry about the inconvenience.

jednie
no prob man ;) just update and everything will be fine again. keep up the good work!
jednie

Re: Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Suppo

Post by jednie »

I have posted a new version that adds support for Squeezeboxes and includes many bug fixes. The Squeezebox functionality has some quirks so I plan on writing up a FAQ regarding this soon. If you have a Squeezebox you can easily send songs to its playlist and you can create a "radio station" on your Squeezebox that plays an AutoPlaylist that you have defined in MediaMonkey.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
jednie
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

aah. after the update it works flawless. GREAT! thanks a lot for updating so fast ;)
jednie

Post by jednie »

I have created a FAQ at the following URL that explains how to configure Monkey Server to work with a Squeezebox.

http://bendablebytes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.0

jednie
outage

Templates

Post by outage »

This is a really useful server. My main focus is controlling my PC, which is directly connected to the amplifyer.

What about the template support? Is this something that will be available soon?

The default template can do too many things. In general, I either want to listen on the client or on the server. I assume that nobody wants both opportunities in one session. Thus a "client default" and "server default" template would be a good idea.

Furthermore I would like a party mode, where guests can browse my library and easily add songs to the end of the playlist. They should not be able to do anything else. Then there might be a DJ template, where I can use my phone to change the order of the tracks in the playlist. Unfortunately the current default template is not suitable for "guest party mode" because it can do too much. People would click on the "Play Icon" which is totally unsuited for my remote control scenario.

I have an older Android 1.6 tab machine, which would be perfect for controlling. Unfortunately the browser does not support the popup menus for remote control. With a suitable template popups could be avoided.

The support for templates would make this server much more usable.
jednie

Re: Templates

Post by jednie »

outage wrote:This is a really useful server. My main focus is controlling my PC, which is directly connected to the amplifyer.

What about the template support? Is this something that will be available soon?
There currently IS unofficial support for templates but it uses XSLT which is somewhat complicated. I haven't made it official because there is a chance that changes may break templates made by others. I may try to incorporate a different type of template engine before the final release. You are welcome to look in the templates folder and copy one of the existing templates and tweak it to your needs.
outage wrote: The default template can do too many things. In general, I either want to listen on the client or on the server. I assume that nobody wants both opportunities in one session. Thus a "client default" and "server default" template would be a good idea.
Once I get the main engine complete I will have more time to focus on designing different types of templates.
outage wrote: Furthermore I would like a party mode, where guests can browse my library and easily add songs to the end of the playlist. They should not be able to do anything else. Then there might be a DJ template, where I can use my phone to change the order of the tracks in the playlist. Unfortunately the current default template is not suitable for "guest party mode" because it can do too much. People would click on the "Play Icon" which is totally unsuited for my remote control scenario.
You could limit the what others can do by creating a username for them and limit what they can do using the permissions.
outage wrote: I have an older Android 1.6 tab machine, which would be perfect for controlling. Unfortunately the browser does not support the popup menus for remote control. With a suitable template popups could be avoided.
I am almost done working on a mobile template that will have all of the functionality of the default template but has a different type of context menu that is more appropriated for smaller devices.
outage wrote: The support for templates would make this server much more usable.
Thanks for the ideas.

jednie
outage

Post by outage »

Hello,

I tried to play with the templates but I fail instantly.

First step I took, was to copy the "default" folder under "MonkeyServer\Templates". I named the new folder "control". I did not change the content of any file.

Now, when I start MonkeyServer I see this error message:
System.Exception: Unknown Template Type
at MonkeyServer.TemplateFactory.GetTemplate(String templateName)
at bb0.....

Can you give me a hint, how to "register" the new template? I might tamper with the default template, which seems to work, but I would like to keep it as it is.

Thanks,

Stefan
jednie

Post by jednie »

outage wrote:Hello,

I tried to play with the templates but I fail instantly.

First step I took, was to copy the "default" folder under "MonkeyServer\Templates". I named the new folder "control". I did not change the content of any file.

Now, when I start MonkeyServer I see this error message:
System.Exception: Unknown Template Type
at MonkeyServer.TemplateFactory.GetTemplate(String templateName)
at bb0.....

Can you give me a hint, how to "register" the new template? I might tamper with the default template, which seems to work, but I would like to keep it as it is.

Thanks,

Stefan
Stefan,

There is a bug that is preventing what you are trying to do from working. I will try to release a fix for it this week.

jednie
mcow

Post by mcow »

The inability to either run the server as a non-Admin, or have it spawn/hook into MediaMonkey as a non-Admin, is still an issue making that configuration unusable for me.

I'm trying to use the server with WinAmp as the player instead, but it's not playing.
Logged in my computer in my non-Admin account, I open the browser link. Library shows up fine. The first time I clicked Remote|Play, I got a message "0 items added to Playlist"; since then nothing happened on play clicks except a little flicker (like that 'busy' animation showing for just a moment). The WinAmp window did not open, and no music.

I had the Admin account logged in on another session; when I switched to that, it showed the WinAmp window. I looked in the playlist window and the stuff I was clicking on had been added, which is good, but when I clicked Play WinAmp just skipped all the way thru them. I looked at the file info for one and it was missing the drive letter -- the library is on a removable.

The configuration asked for a pointer to winamp.m3u. I didn't have a winamp.m3u, so I just copied another m3u into a good location, renamed it, and chose that. Is this a problem? If so, how do I create the proper winamp.m3u? I looked at the one I'd chosen after adding those files and there was no change to it; it still has the original file date from July.

On the plus side, the web interface has improved a lot since the last time I tried it. More responsive, more sensible results when I click things.

EDIT: I found the winamp.m3u file, in Administrator's %APPDATA%\WinAmp5. MonkeyServer.ini still shows the other file I'd selected, but I don't really care where this file is.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Jednie:

Does Monkey server work with mm4? I know mm4 has media server capabilities but it doesn't allow you to access it from outside of the LAN, which is what I need.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
jednie

Post by jednie »

nynaevelan wrote:Jednie:

Does Monkey server work with mm4? I know mm4 has media server capabilities but it doesn't allow you to access it from outside of the LAN, which is what I need.

Nyn
I have not tried running it with mm4. If you get a chance to try it let me know if you have any problems.

jednie
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

jednie wrote:
I have not tried running it with mm4. If you get a chance to try it let me know if you have any problems.

jednie
I tested it a little today at work but I only tested to make sure I had it set up correctly and I was able to connect, on Monday I will test playing the tracks and will let you know how it goes.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

I wonder if I am the only one who would appreciate seeing some instructions on how to properly set up Monkey Server?

I can't find a FAQ or anything of the sort.
b

Post by b »

how do you access monkey server from outside a local area network?

Post by Newbie »

Hey,

this is really a great program!

But I have a problem: It is playing the songs in my MM playlist (the last played songs with MM), but I cant play any tracks with remote control. I can create Playlists, but then I cant play them, following error is shown:

System.Exception: SQL: select distinct id COLLATE NOCASE ,artist COLLATE NOCASE ,album COLLATE NOCASE ,albumartist COLLATE NOCASE ,discnumber COLLATE NOCASE ,tracknumber COLLATE NOCASE ,songtitle COLLATE NOCASE ,songpath COLLATE NOCASE ,substr(year COLLATE NOCASE ,1,4) as year,genre COLLATE NOCASE ,songlength COLLATE NOCASE ,vbr COLLATE NOCASE ,band COLLATE NOCASE ,mood COLLATE NOCASE ,occasion COLLATE NOCASE ,lyrics COLLATE NOCASE ,extension COLLATE NOCASE from songs s left join playlistsongs ps on ps.idsong=s.id left join playlists p on p.idplaylist=ps.idplaylist where (p.idplaylist = '79') ORDER BY ps.SongOrder
SQLite error
no such column: band
bei MonkeyServer.DBBase.GetDataTable(String SQL, DbParameter[] params, Int32 Timeout)
bei MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyLibrary.GetSongs(Query theQuery)
bei MonkeyServer.Page.9cxEfvCX4H8s()
bei MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
bei MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()

What am I doing wrong?

I am using MM newest beta 4, is this the problem? But as I said, I can play track which are in my playlist from starting MM.

Thank you for your help and your great programing work!