Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 3.3 (Updated: 2011-11-10)

Post by Let »

I agree with you. It should be retrieved from master release (if it has a master release and original date is enabled). Although it may not be sufficient in case it's a cover of another artist and original date is to meant to be the other master release. Note that it will slow down tagging since it will have to make another trip to discogs api to get master release.
NRGman

Post by NRGman »

Let wrote:I agree with you. It should be retrieved from master release (if it has a master release and original date is enabled). Although it may not be sufficient in case it's a cover of another artist and original date is to meant to be the other master release. Note that it will slow down tagging since it will have to make another trip to discogs api to get master release.
I'd be happy for a little slow down for the sake of accuracy and i'm sure others would also :)
My Setup:
"HFPC" Dell Optiplex 320 (2GB RAM, 3.0 Dual Core 1.5TB HDD) Win7 Ultimate SP1 x86
Musiland Monitor 02 US USB DAC
Nad C356BEE Integrated Amplifier
Custom 2-way loudspeakers
Let

Post by Let »

I think I can manage this :)
NRGman

Post by NRGman »

Let wrote:I think I can manage this :)
Great! How long do you think it will take till an update would be released?
My Setup:
"HFPC" Dell Optiplex 320 (2GB RAM, 3.0 Dual Core 1.5TB HDD) Win7 Ultimate SP1 x86
Musiland Monitor 02 US USB DAC
Nad C356BEE Integrated Amplifier
Custom 2-way loudspeakers
Let

Post by Let »

Once I have time :) I'm sorry i can't give some time.
Butt_Chunx

Post by Butt_Chunx »

Will the new version of Discogs Tagger be able to grab the information in the "Companies etc", "Credits", "Notes", and the "Barcode and Other Identifiers" sections and add it to the comments field?

Also, Discogs Tagger stores "Country", "Format", and the Catalog number in the custom fields but I use these for other information so it would be nice if Discogs Tagger could put this info in the comments field as well.
Prompel

Post by Prompel »

Where can I find the script? I'm being forwarded to bidvertiser.com and gameztour.com.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Prompel wrote:Where can I find the script? I'm being forwarded to bidvertiser.com and gameztour.com.
same here :-?
Sady

Post by Sady »

Same problem can't get to the downloadpage, constant redirecting to different sites!!
Let

Post by Let »

somehow domain is changed from isgreat.org to is-great.org. please use the address below:

http://discogstagger.is-great.org/
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

Let wrote:somehow domain is changed from isgreat.org to is-great.org. please use the address below:

http://discogstagger.is-great.org/

Hi Let good to talk to you again. I am on MM4 and this baby is still working, any chance of some improvements in 2012?

I have one major issue. From the beginning, The search field (top) where you enter your term, retrieves overly wordy and long responses.

ex. I search "Pimsleur", i get "Unknown Artist Swedish Pimsleur 0-7435-5054-4 9780743550567 ISBN-13 0743550560 ISBN-10 2514761B ... CD US 2006 Non-Music Education © & ℗ 1999, 2006 Simon & Schuster, Inc. Pimsleur® is an imprint of ... Simon & Schuster Audio, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc. Pimsleur® is a registered trademark of"

That's a lot of info with no seperators for a title bar to process. How hard would it be to limit the length or add seperators so when can differentiate, similar to the length of Amazon searches?

1 more thing: this might seem dumb, I would volunteer to help if you let me know how. How about uploading a "Discogs3.3" file format instead of just Discogs, it would help you and us keep track of the versions. Basically include the version # in the file name.

Like I said however I can help thanks!!
Let

Post by Let »

Dear ripndip,

Discogs tagger is a bridge between mediamonkey and discogs.com and your results are what discogs.com returns to this script.

This is what you get when you search Pimsleur in discogs.com:
http://www.discogs.com/search?q=Pimsleur&btn=&type=all

This is what discogs.com returns when you search Pimsleur:
http://api.discogs.com/search?type=releases&q=Pimsleur

You will notice that on results, there's only title or summary that we can show on results bar. Title is very insufficient (assume you are searching for a single). If discogs api provided further information (such as title, album artist, year, cat# etc.) we could have used them.

I couldn't understand what you mean with file format. I'll try to help if you can describe it a little bit more :)
anonymousme

Post by anonymousme »

Hi Let.

Just want to let you know I have been lurking this topic ever since I started using Discogs tagger a loong time ago.

I miss an update. Hopefully, knowing 1 more person wants the update might bring up the speed only a few knobs.

I have some requests.
  • Parse the <join> field to it's equivalent in MediaMonkey. For example, let "," and "/" become a semi-colon in MediaMonkey.
  • When you search, list the search results. Let us choose from the list.
  • As previously mentioned, I'd rather have the script use more bandwidth and be slower, if it means it's more accurate - accuracy is probably the reason most people want to tag from Discogs instead of Amazon and whatnot.
  • The album cover retrieved is mostly fine. Sometimes it's not. Make a button leading to a parsed floating iframe of the "all images from master release" page. Then we can choose the best image ourselves.
nzdreamer55

Can I use number from Discogs website to tag my music?

Post by nzdreamer55 »

I have been using the web-auto tag function to tag my music and while most of the time I find the album I want in the discogs tagger section, sometimes I cannot find what I am looking for. I can find the album on the discogs web site, but not through media monkey. Can I use the web page number to tell media monkey which album I want it to use to tag my music? I can do this for some of my other media (e.g. video and IMDB).

Thanks
-S
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Re: Can I use number from Discogs website to tag my music?

Post by nohitter151 »

No. MediaMonkey uses Amazon as it's tag source.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.