Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.8

Post by Let »

I've released a new version, please check first post for changes.

Happy tagging!
IndustrialPope

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.8 (Updated: 16.12.2009)

Post by IndustrialPope »

- Format can be saved into Custom 4

I've updated the script, but can't find the option. do I need to reinstall it cleanly or is there another thing that I'm missing?
IndustrialPope

Post by IndustrialPope »

IndustrialPope wrote:- Format can be saved into Custom 4

I've updated the script, but can't find the option. do I need to reinstall it cleanly or is there another thing that I'm missing?
...aaand, it did solve itself when I reinstalled it. :)
Let

Post by Let »

I'm glad that you've fixed it. Format is very handy in folder renaming :)
IndustrialPope

Post by IndustrialPope »

Let wrote:I'm glad that you've fixed it. Format is very handy in folder renaming :)
Yes, thanks to the tendency of certain recordlabels/bands to give certain singles, albums and compilations the same names.
Let

Post by Let »

After tagging 1000+ releases with this script, I've written a "Recommended Usage" section with my experiences into very first post of this thread.

Don't forget to take a look! I'm sure it will improve your efficiency...
Innuendo

Post by Innuendo »

Good work as always, Let, and the recommended usage guide is sure to help out newbies. My only complaint, and it's only a minor niggle, is you referencing mp3s in step three. You should edit that to read "music files" as most people know (but I a dyed-in-the-wool newbie might not) that MediaMonkey and your script can be used to tag more than just mp3 files.
jimmy1one

Post by jimmy1one »

The Link to http://discogswebautotag.t35.com/DiscogsAutoTagWeb.mmip is broken it always comes up as server busy
Never let the truth influence your opinion, you can't fix stupid
Let

Post by Let »

jimmy1one wrote:The Link to http://discogswebautotag.t35.com/DiscogsAutoTagWeb.mmip is broken it always comes up as server busy
I've never seen that, would you try again? If this is a very common problem, we can change the hosting :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Let wrote:
jimmy1one wrote:The Link to http://discogswebautotag.t35.com/DiscogsAutoTagWeb.mmip is broken it always comes up as server busy
I've never seen that, would you try again? If this is a very common problem, we can change the hosting :)
It works fine for me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jimmy1one

Post by jimmy1one »

nohitter151 wrote:
Let wrote:
It works fine for me.
I was Able to download the script after my meeting today at 1750 my time. All previous attempts resulted in a server busy message using either Safari, IE or Firefox. I installed the script and it works great. Thank you for all your efforts they are greatly appreciated
jimmy
Never let the truth influence your opinion, you can't fix stupid

Post by Guest »

Let wrote:. After that, settings below should be appended into "scripts.ini" file under scripts folder.

[DiscogsAutoTagWeb]
Filename=DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs
Procname=DiscogsAutoTagWeb
Order=10
DisplayName=Discogs Tagger
Description=Tag tracks using Discogs.com
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=3

I didn't understand that bit. Which settings, and what are they below? What does "append" mean? Does that mean "change to"? I copied the DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs into the scripts folder, as well as the install.ini file, but then I got confused. how do I run it? In Media Monkey under "Options" the Discogs Tagger still doesn't show up under scripts, nor is Discogs listed as an option for web lookup. I must have missed a step.

Post by Guest »

Sorry I forgot some details. I forgot to mention that i had also copied the "install.vbs" file into the scripts folder, and I was never asked for a key. Where do I type in the key?
Let

Post by Let »

You are following the manual install instructions. Instead, I'd suggest you to use the installer. There's a link of installer for the latest version in the fist post.

Anyway, "append" means paste it at the end of your file, which is "scripts.ini" at this time. Once you put it there and restart MediaMonkey you'll see Discogs tagger in Options. You don't need "installer.ini" file since you are doing it manually. You just need "DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs". You will have to put api key into "DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs" file, you'll replace <DISCOGS_APIKEY> with your api key.
Let

Post by Let »

Suddenly, I started getting "DTD is prohibited" error. Here's how to solve it in case it happens to you:

Summary:

If you get this error, visit and logon to discogs.com with Internet Explorer, and it's gone.

Full Story:

After wasting several hours on this, I've discovered that it is necessary to Logon to discogs.com from Internet Explorer to restore the expired session, which is necessary for discogs.com to reply correctly to xml requests. Somehow it works on Firefox but IE. Since MSXML uses IE settings, it becomes also this scripts problem. Script thinks that response login page is an XML and it has a DTD and it gives this error since it's prohibited by default in MSXML 6.0. You can test it by putting url below into your browser and check if it's a XML response or a login page.

http://www.discogs.com/release/1810367?f=xml