MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

markstuartwalker

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by markstuartwalker »

New version uploaded 4.1.0.3236.

I THINK that this is OK. It works reliably on my Windows test bed but my Mac instance randomly syncs all the tracks.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

@darqfyre

Check the types of files set up for the plugin. I suspect the conversion is being done because the file is considered incompatible rather than it is of bigh kbps.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
refi

Post by refi »

I tested it with iTunes 11.1.3.8 and MM 4.07.1511 - works perfect!

THANK YOU!
theax

Post by theax »

Hi! i have encountered a problem. I run the latest versions of iTunes, MM and the plugin on a W8 32bit.
I get the following message in the exception log. I get a dialogue that just keep on coming and had to shut down MM to make it stop.

d_itunes4.dll 3236 10:40:46 0 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 3236 10:42:26 0 EXCEPTION TtssCache.fillFromDatabase 4764 EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0AEF2D99 in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC
d_itunes4.dll 3236 10:42:26 0 EXCEPTION TtssCache.fillFromDatabase 4766 EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0AEF2D99 in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC

What should i do?

Restarted computer. Now i get Another exception

d_itunes4.dll 3236 19:37:25 0 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 3236 19:39:02 0 EXCEPTION DEVICE_ModifyFilenames EInvalidPointer Invalid pointer operation
d_itunes4.dll 3236 19:39:06 0 EXCEPTION DEVICE_ListContent EOleException Programmet anropade ett gränssnitt som ordnats för en annan tråd

the part that reads "Programmet anropade ett gränssnitt som ordnats för en annan tråd" is Swedish and means, rougly, "Program called an interface arranged for Another thread"

What should i do?
theax

Post by theax »

Hi again.

I am trying to figure out the error message i get from the plugin reported in the previous post. Now I have discovered something else. It seems i have managed to create two folder with copied songs from MM to iTunes. I noticed it when i added lyrics to a few albums thru MM:s new functionality. but when the lyrics didn´t show up in the Itunes file i started looking. I have one folder specified as the "cache path", where all my new additions show up. The other folder is where the bulk of the Music is located. I guess the reason i have not detected this Before is that the playcount is updated for ALL files, but it seems that the tag information on the tracks NOT in "right" folder does not get updated.

Does that make sense for you in how it should work. It seems i screwed this up, so my question is: How do i fix it? Do i need to remove all the tracks in the "wrong" folder and re-sync them to Itunes? If so, how do i do that so that i do not affect anything in my MM database?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Excellent plugin! Very well done! I do have a question about using this and music files in Virtual CD... When I configure the music to sync, it shows all of my music files including the ones in my Virtual CD folder. However, these files never get into iTunes and so a big chunk of my collection is missing in iTunes. I can put them in manually, but was wondering if this is a known limitation or do I need to configure something differently?

Thanks in advance.
ImageSpoon!
sean

Post by sean »

I am having trouble getting playlists to sync the way I want.

I have a bunch of playlists of albums in MM in the following structure: Playlists \ Imported Playlists \ <artist> - <album> (year). A few of these individual playists are checked for synchronization with d_itunes4.dll

I would like them to appear in iTunes in the main playlists directory (so not in an Imported Playlists folder).

I have tried all 3 settings, Ignore Folders, Flatten Folders, and Build Folders and none of them give the result that I want - in fact, they give rather odd results.

Build Folders and Flatten Folders seem to produce identical results. What I get in iTunes is this: Playlists \ Imported Playlists \ Artist \ <album> (<year>)

When I use Ignore Folders it produces this result: Playlists \ Artist \ <album> (<year>)

So, all 3 options are creating folders in my iTunes playlist directory (which I don't want), and all 3 options are also changing the names of the playlists (by removing the artist name and putting it in an artist folder instead).

By the way, I have the Root Name field blank.

Anyone know what is going on? I just want my iTunes playlist directory to look like: Playlists \ <artist> - <album> (<year>)
theax

Post by theax »

Hi again, i am having trouble with the plugin. Any changes i make to my tracks in MM, changing genre for example, does not feed thru to iTunes. The syncing is made but it seems that only ratings and playcount/date is updated. So i figured i need a clean new installation. I have deleted all my songs in Itunes, and deleted all the files in the Cache folder. I then Went to Tools/extensions and made the uninstall. i then restarted the computer and started MM again. But when i installed the plugin i got my previous settings (and name of the plugin) back. And it still does not work. i can sync files over to iTunes but once they are there i cannot update the id3 tags. It seems as the uninstall does not really remove the plugin. MM seems to keep information.

How do I make a "full" removal of the plugin? do I need to re-install MM?

Please help, this is killing me!
refi

Post by refi »

Hi
I also did a clean install of the plugin, here's how I did it:
  • Used all clear / delete options in Device Configuration
    Removed the plugin
    Deleted the Cache Path manually
    Removed all entries which seemed related to the plugin in the registry (search for Mediamonkey - be careful not to delete the MM entries!)
    Re-installed the plugin
All the plugin settings were gone and I could start over.
As always, if you do changes in the registry, MAKE A BACKUP before!
Good luck
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Does MM4.1.0.1692 (latest stable release) play nice with d_itunes4.dll? I will not upgrade from 4.0.7.1511 if it does not.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
refi

Post by refi »

It worked for me.
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

Still not completely working for me yet.

MM version: 4.1.0.1692
Plug in: 4.1.0.3236
iTunes: 11.1.4.62

Playlist tracks are being copied across into my iTunes library, but the plug in then throws up exceptions. If I switch over to iTunes, all the tracks are there, but the playlist itself isn't copied over.

Anyone else seen this happening?
theax

Post by theax »

refi wrote:Hi
I also did a clean install of the plugin, here's how I did it:
  • Used all clear / delete options in Device Configuration
    Removed the plugin
    Deleted the Cache Path manually
    Removed all entries which seemed related to the plugin in the registry (search for Mediamonkey - be careful not to delete the MM entries!)
    Re-installed the plugin
All the plugin settings were gone and I could start over.
As always, if you do changes in the registry, MAKE A BACKUP before!
Good luck
Thanks for your answer, i have been busy and have not had time to look at the issue until now. I am not familiar with changing entries in the registry. Do not even know how to make a backup:-( So i will not try that i think...

When you say "deleted the cache path manually", do you mean deleting the folder containing the music files used in iTunes? Could there be any information in the MM.db that should be deleted regarding the plugin? If i want to do a clean install of Mediamonkey to "purge" the system, is there a way of retaining ratings and playcount?

Any ideas anyone?
theax

Post by theax »

theax wrote:Hi again, i am having trouble with the plugin. Any changes i make to my tracks in MM, changing genre for example, does not feed thru to iTunes. The syncing is made but it seems that only ratings and playcount/date is updated. So i figured i need a clean new installation. I have deleted all my songs in Itunes, and deleted all the files in the Cache folder. I then Went to Tools/extensions and made the uninstall. i then restarted the computer and started MM again. But when i installed the plugin i got my previous settings (and name of the plugin) back. And it still does not work. i can sync files over to iTunes but once they are there i cannot update the id3 tags. It seems as the uninstall does not really remove the plugin. MM seems to keep information.

How do I make a "full" removal of the plugin? do I need to re-install MM?

Please help, this is killing me!
Well, I have uninstalled Mediamonkey and reinstalled MM and the plugin. I saved playcounts in Auto-Playlists in Groups as well as the ratings and was able to get everything back. I have also reinstalled the plugin and now it seems to have reset as my previous settings are gone.

But.

It still does not update the files in the cache library when i change the ID3-tags. The "last modified" date on the original file i MM is changed when i change the genre but when i run the plugin it does not seem to recognize this and does not update the file (the modified date is unchanged from when i first ran the plugin). What can be wrong? Is there a switch that i am unaware of in the plugin that tells it NOT to update ID3-tags?

Also, of the 7800 songs i synced to iTunes 1100 of the songs gave me the following error message in the exception log:

_itunes4.dll 3236 18:06:48 0 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 3236 18:10:56 0 EXCEPTION syncID3Tags retry limit exceeded Who Started It

What does that mean? Can the retry limit be changed?

Anyone seen something similar?
simonmason

Post by simonmason »

I just found this and downloaded it. Is there a tutorial on how to sync your media monkey library to itunes library? Actually I would like my media monkey library to overwrite my itunes library and especially update the cover art! Thanks.