Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Re: Monkey Rok 5.0 - Updated 09/03/2010

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:
Mizery_Made wrote:Only the one next to the Now Playing track opens for me (despite the one listed for the album showing the cursor as if it were clickable), but when I click it, it opens up full size for me.
Clicking on the other album images will play the album, if you don't have the "do not add tracks to now playing list" option ticked. Personally I'd forgotten about this behaviour, does anyone use it? Maybe I should consider linking to the album artwork instead?
No, I don't use it. In fact, I think it is a bit of a trap.

By the way.
I have changed the default behaviour when you click on a track. Instead of "Clear & Play", I prefer "Play Last".
Maybe that could be an option in MonkeyRok extra settings.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

I do use the "do not add tracks to now playing list" option.
Personally I don't mind it does nothing when I click on the picture.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I too have the feature to play tracks disabled. If it were possible to make it Play Next/Last, then I might consider using it. It doesn't really bother me that the Album cover doesn't do anything when this feature is disabled. Was merely an observation I made when trying to find the bug that was being talked about by... whoever reported it.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi Trixmoto,

V 5.0 does not correctly handle Automatic skin switching for these ones; (MR's skins have same names as MM's skins):
MonkeyRok picks "Spotify" whenever using "Spotify", "Spotify-B", "Spotify-Indie" and "Spotify-Wine" in MM.

Thank you
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Sirandar888

Post by Sirandar888 »

If MR5.0 crashes MM3 with a MSHTML.dll error related to a sharing violation you probably have IE8RC1 installed. Uninstall it and the error will go away
Sirandar888 wrote:I uninstalled MR4.0 and tried 5.0

Crashes MM3 with a MSHTML error message

Could be a skin problem but I removed the Vision MR skin too. Still crashed

Any advice?
Back to 4.0 for now
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Nebbin - the tab issue is a known issue and I'm gonna try and sort it out in the next version. I can't replicate the video issue though, it works fine for me - can anyone else replicate this?

@fizzjob - the tracklist has never been built until the header is clicked on, so I'm not sure exactly what you've done in the past, but do you think a separate format function for the current album would be useful in a future version?

@dypsis - I'll add this to my list.

@Eyal - I'll take a look at the automatic skin mode.

@Sirandar888 - you really shouldn't be using IE8rc1, it has some serious bugs in it, one being a redraw/resize issue which throws IE into an infinite loop.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Sirandar888

Post by Sirandar888 »

@Sirandar888 - you really shouldn't be using IE8rc1, it has some serious bugs in it, one being a redraw/resize issue which throws IE into an infinite loop.

Yup .... didn't even know I was using it. Installed it a while back and because MS keeps trying to sneak "Genuine Advantage" in with my updates I check them before installing. Must have blocked when it tried to update IE8 to the final version.

IE8RC1 also causes Lyricator to crash
Sirandar888

Post by Sirandar888 »

Sorry to be a downer, but I liked the simplicity of Monkeyrok4

Any chance of releasing a version of 4.1 with the bugs fixed .... ie apostrophe and special character problems
nojac

Post by nojac »

When I minimize or hide the top panel (with the player), the text panel below also disappears. Since this panel (which I use for Lyrics) has its own Minimize/Hide buttons, I suspect this is a bug...
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Sirandar888 wrote:Sorry to be a downer, but I liked the simplicity of Monkeyrok4
Any chance of releasing a version of 4.1 with the bugs fixed .... ie apostrophe and special character problems
I realize it is a matter of preference, but it seems to me that you can "downgrade" MR5 to MR4 functionality simply by deselecting many of the features and functions. Maybe I'm missing something.... Is there something in particular that MR5 has that you do not want? ...and that you can not get rid of? I haven't come across anything new that I can't just turn off.
Last edited by gpzbc on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Sirandar888 - what about version 5 do you consider to be overly complicated? I've added extra options but there's no need for you to use them if you don't want.

@nojac - this is not a bug, if you look you'll see that the text panel is within the top section and therefore would logically be hidden with it. You'll be glad to hear that I've already added the text panel options to the external panel options in the next version, so you will be able to still see the lyrics as you require.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Was going to complain about Monkey Rok not updating when the song changed on my radio stream.

But, checked event log and On Play event is only posted for start of stream, not change in stream. :(

And, you probably would not have enough info in any event.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Send me an example and I'll take a look, but I've no idea if there'll be anything I can do.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Owyn wrote:But, checked event log and On Play event is only posted for start of stream, not change in stream. :(
Behavior looks to have changed in MM4: 6295: Online Radio playback: Player Events are not triggered when track name is changed For Radio Station stream