Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

x1x2x3

MediaRok not working

Post by x1x2x3 »

MediaRok suddenly stopped working today. Ive had this script for years now and never had any issue with it so I'm wondering what the problem could be.
I run windows 7 32bit but I dont see the relevance since it has worked fine on this OS for quite a while now.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
This is a screenshot.
dsopik

Re: Monkey Rok 5.6 - Updated 08/02/2011

Post by dsopik »

Is there a way to only display the tracks on the current album selected? I'm trying to create a pub jukebox look in MM with only the album covers displayed in the center, and then the tracks for the selected album displayed in the Monkey Rok panel. You could then select the track from the MR panel to add it to the end of the now playing playlist.
swsl

Re: MediaRok not working

Post by swsl »

x1x2x3 wrote:MediaRok suddenly stopped working today. Ive had this script for years now and never had any issue with it so I'm wondering what the problem could be.
I wonder if something is updating, some program or something pointing differently in the Registry that's breaking Monkey Rok. It's something universal that suddently doesn't let Monkey Rok work at all. I didn't change anything; one day MR was working, then not. After being stable for a long time, It's now basically frozen.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version of Internet Explorer?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

trixmoto wrote:New version of Internet Explorer?
FWIW, I saw the same behavior when I did a test install of MM4b1 in an XP virtual machine with IE8.
swsl

Post by swsl »

trixmoto wrote:New version of Internet Explorer?
How to even know? I'm on automatic update. I never use IE.

So, what is it that Monkey Rok uses in IE and is there anything we can do about it? Something to check for versions? I REALLY like Monkey Rok and want to keep it working...

Is it activeX?
I just went into IE and changed the inTRanet security to the lowest setting to make sure that everything possible is allowed, in case it was being blocked by some security setting update, but no joy.....
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script uses IE to display the output. I'm currently using IE8 and it's working for me, as far as I'm aware I'm fully up to date. It's not the "Intranet" zone that needs to be updated, this script runs in the hidden "My Computer" zone. ActiveX is used to connect back to MM from IE.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
swsl

Post by swsl »

I've currently got IE version 8..0.6xxxxxxxxxx
this script runs in the hidden "My Computer" zone.
OK, that's a new one to me. I found this:
You can configure the My Computer zone (which contains files on your local computer) only from the Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK); these settings are not available in the browser interface. Administrators should use the default settings for this zone unless your organization has a specific requirement. Reduced security settings can result in security risk, whereas increased security settings can reduce functionality.
Should I be looking into these settings? Can 'o Worms factor, it seems.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto wrote:I think the main thing to try is...
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled.
swsl

Re: Monkey Rok 5.6 - broken

Post by swsl »

OK. I also had found this: http://www.sscez.com/2010/09/how-to-add ... rity-zone/ and already changed it before you responded. It's for displaying My Computer zone in Internet Options - from there I was going to check settings. Anyway, I then went to change the key value you recommend and it was already at 0.

Well, changing the flag mentioned in above link mad Zone 0 (My Computer) visible in Internet Options, BUT it's locked - it shows an IE symbol with a key imposed over it and allows no settings to be adjusted.

Hmm... I also saw a sixth zone before zero in the registry with a symbol, a square, instead of a number, and one key, 1806=0.
"1806 Miscellaneous: Launching applications and unsafe files"

Related? Signs of some latent infection?
I found this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... f958af9b42

and this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... 01b9b57789

From one of those, I found a link to an MS fixit to reset all the default settings for the zones and ran that MS fixit. But no joy.

So, I deleted the extra zone in the registry and rebooted. That fixed it.

Starting MediaMonkey, I suddenly got a new prompt for Internet Explorer, asking to allow an ActiveX control to interact. Yes, and now it worked.

I was still getting activeX prompts when I start, so I went back and checked the key you suggested and it had lost it's setting of zero, (probably when running the fixit) so I reset that key and voila! everything working as normal again.

So, to sum up, yes, it's due to ActiveX issues in the Internet security zones and one can check the registry for two things (at least):
Any extra zones (apart from 0,1,2,3,4) that may be mucking up the security settings/ handling .
That HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0 key 1201 = 0

Note: from what I've read, it seems possible that these zones are actually controlled under the similar settings in "Local Machine" instead of current user, depending on Policy settings. So, double check that as well.

Thanks for your help Trixmoto.

Steve
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for outlining the fix for us.
--
The gpzbc
bettertomorrow

Post by bettertomorrow »

Hi,

i'm new at this but love this skript...

but! when i click on a track from an album it plays only this one.

is it possible to start the album from the track i klick (for example i click at track 4 of an record and than i listen to track 4,5,6,7,8,... and after end i beginn with track 1 (like i'll click in mm at a track)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

bettertomorrow wrote:is it possible to start the album from the track i klick
Right-click on the album art picture -> Play...
to play the complete album.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
bettertomorrow

Post by bettertomorrow »

Yes but than the album starts with track 1. i want to start the albumplaylist from track x when i click on track x
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Actually it works that way. To achieve what you want you'll need to Stop playing, move tracks 1-x to the end of the list (in Now Playing pane), the restart playing track x from beginning of list in NP list.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].