Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ultra.monkey

Does it do .ape files.

Post by ultra.monkey »

Well I read the original posts that led to this posts. I was just wondering if it does other files other than mp3s? Such as ape files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, it should work with any file type. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ultra.monkey notloggedin

Post by ultra.monkey notloggedin »

So to meet the requirements: The cue file has to be in the same folder as the file right. And when I play the file a panel pops up showing the tracks. Hmmm I must have a bad cue file or something, because it doesn't seem to work.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The cue file must also be the same name as the track, apart from the extension. And if you've got file matching ticked in the options sheet then the cue sheet will need to specify the correct path in the FILE command. If you can't get it working, email me the cuesheet and I'll take a look.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added nodes under "Files to Edit" to find songs with cuesheets
- Fixed track numbers do not need to start from 01

A big thanks to Bex who provided most of the code for the "Files to Edit" nodes! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the update, it's working great!
Perhaps you should describe what the Cue Reader node does in the Files To Edit Node! :D

Btw, glad to help. This is probably the script I use the most since I have so many Cue Sheets.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Maybe the descriptions would be best coming from you! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hmm.... :D
Ok, here it is:
The Cue Reader Node gets all files over 30 minutes (configurable in the settings) and divide them into three subnodes.
- Cuesheet Correct
This means that you have a correctly named Cue Sheet in the same folder as the music file.
- Cuesheet Faulty
A Cue Sheet exist in the folder. But it doesn't have the correct name.
- Cuesheet missing
No Cue sheet exists in the folder.

It's pretty smart and ignores Correct CueSheets in the faulty and missing nodes.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Puschel

Post by Puschel »

Is there a possibility to add skins (like with Monkeyrok) to this script? I am starting using a dark theme (Eclipse skin), everything is in nice black, only the cue reader plugin has the grey standard look :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll add it to my to do list! :)
Puschel

Post by Puschel »

Would be great, thanks in advance! :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.2) is now available to download from my website. I have added an option to use an external stylesheet. This overrides the existing colour options.
CoRsU

Re: Cue Reader 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by CoRsU »

Hi trixmoto,

I use your script from beginning and since I am a big fan of them.

BUT: My only Problem is the playback of VBR-musicfiles. I read about the difficulty here in the Thread. I use in Winamp the CUE Player 0.57c PlugIn and it works fine. So I asked me how the VBR-playback can works in Winamp smoothly and for MM is it still a problem. The developers know about it? Maybe the PlugIn can help to figure out this problem...?

This is no criticism of thee, only a wish of me for the future.

Thx,
CoRsU
trixmoto

Re: Cue Reader 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware there was an issue with VBR files - please explain...
CoRsU

Re: VBR support?

Post by CoRsU »

MCSmarties has been raised...
MCSmarties wrote:I am having trouble using the CUEreader on VBR MP3 files.
Clicking on a cue does not jump to exactly the set time, it may differ by as much as 20 seconds!

When I try to tweak the time, I notice that the cues will only apply at a particular "spot",
not the exactly set time.

The player window shows the desired time but the music effectively starts at a different place,
eg. if I listen to the track from the start, I notice that a particular transition occurs at a different time.

Here's a (virtual) example:

set time in CUE / music effectively starts at
19:51 / 19:41
19:52 / 19:52
19:53 / 19:52
19:59 / 19:52
20:00 / 20:10
20:01 / 20:10
20:10 / 20:10
20:11 / 20:22

Is this a problem with mediamonkey or a problem with the script? Any ideas?
The CUE Player 0.57c PlugIn in Winamp hasn't this problem. It starts from the exactly set time. Probably it is the MM player, thus can not handle with VBR!? Also a nice feature is it shows the particular Artist & Title with the Playtime in the player and not the entire file. Would this also possible in MM3? Maybe you can take a look at the program and you throw your own opinion.

if you thought that I wanted to use the plugin in mediamonkey, this is not so! it does not work :P

Thx,
CoRsU