Make Trailing The 2.1 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

matts2

Re: Make Trailing The 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by matts2 »

matts2 wrote:I have a strange problem with this script. I ran the script and it seemed to work fine. That is, when I looked at, say, a Who song the Artist/Album Artist were "Who, The". But when I tried to auto-organize the files it kept on wanting to put it in \The Who\. I tried to exit MM and return, but the problem remained.

Then things go weirder. I moved the files outside of MM, manually deleted the entries from the DB, and told MM to re-scan the folders. When done the Artist/Album Artist are back as "The Who".

I don't know if it matters, but I have lots of songs, about 30K songs and 200GB.

Any idea of what might be happening? I would look myself, but I am not all that familiar with VBS.
Post this elsewhere as well, sorry. I now suspect that my problem is a Vista file protection problem. Since I am wiping this #(*!@(%Y Vista install next week I won't sweat this.
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

First of all, I would like to say thank you for this script; I dunno why I didn't notice it before. I've been doing my The Artist to Artist, The fixes with a tagging program.
I'm having trouble getting this to work though; every time I try it, the window comes up with the artist names the way I want them but when I click OK, it says "problem during script execution: unknown name" (actually it say "nom inconnu" 'cause my laptop's running a french version of Vista!). Any suggestions?
Cheers
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Does the error message indicate a line number?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

No line numbers; the exact message is: "Error happened during script execution: Nom Inconnu". The weird things is that it gives me the same message when I click Cancel. To close the name display window I have to click on the X.
shawn

Post by shawn »

Hey trixy.

First off: Being a relatively new convert to MM and someone who finds himself returning time and time again to your scripts page on trixmoto.net, please let me just say "thank you" for your hard work and invaluable scripts.

• • • • •

My question is such:

How might I tweak this script so that it adds a trailing ", The" to the AlbumArtist field of my selected tracks instead of the Artist field?

-Shawn

MediaMonkey version 3.2.0.1294 Gold
Windows 7 Professional

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you very much. This script should check both the artist and the album artist fields, if you are using the latest version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

Hi, can you point me in the direction of an editable copy of your script so that I can attempt to make a modification to suit my own personal eccentricity? I want to completely remove leading "The" from the artists names of selected mp3s. For example, "Average White Band" is far more useful to me with no "The" either leading or trailing.

Thanks for any help you can give me, and also for the many of your other scripts which help me enormously with the already great Mediamonkey :D

Robin
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My "Remove Prefixes" script does this, but so can a lot of other scripts, like the RegExp script. All my scripts are editable, you'll find it in your "Scripts" folder.

Post by Guest »

Hi again,

Many thanks for the info, I'll be checking out your suggestions! I guess looking in the 'Scripts' folder for a script was a bit too complicated for me! I was trying to edit the installer file.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Robin
iwas15

Post by iwas15 »

Do you have a NEW script for this action that works with Media Monkey V5.0.4