iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CarlitoGil

iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Post by CarlitoGil »

This is a search script. To use it go to this menu: Tools > Auto-Tag from Web... > click options > select iTunesMonkey

Features:
  • Tag songs from iTunes Match.
  • Search iTunes for metadata by track.
  • Search iTunes for metadata by album.
  • Hear the audio that belongs the metadata.
  • Links to songs in the iTunes Store.
  • Fingerprint audio with Acoustid.

Modes:

In the "Auto-Tag from Web" window there is an "Option" button, there you'll find 5 options added by this script:
  • Acoustid Fingerprint
    This gets the unique signature from the audio in your file and summits it to the Acoustid service to get the tag information collected by MusicBrainz for it.
  • iTunes Album
    This resembles the way classic Search Scripts work in MediaMonkey. This tags from just one album at the time, trying to find the album that most matches the songs selected.
  • iTunes Match
    This only tags files downloaded from iTunes, with extention .m4a. They have a number embedded that identifies the correct metadata.
    Some tracks are not in all the iTunes Stores, and for some reason, many tracks are not longer on any iTunes Stores.
  • iTunes Search
    This uses the existing metadata to find a match and correct imperfections. Also, this uses the "iTunes Match" mode for files that support it.
  • iTunesMonkey
    This combines the powers of "iTunes Match", "Acoustid Fingerprint" and "iTunes Search" to find more and better results.

The iTunes software, any Apple software or iTunes/Apple accounts are not needed for this script to work.
iTunesMonkey searches their database directly through an API.

Keyboard Shortcuts: (after clicking inside the viewport)
  • [UP] & [DOWN] arrows: focus previous/next track.
  • [TAB]: focus next metadata field.
  • [BACKSPACE]: toggle focused metadata field.
  • [ENTER]: toggle focused track.
  • [SPACE]: play preview.
  • [CTRL]+[SPACE]: play local file.
  • [LEFT] & [RIGHT] arrows: change artwork.
  • [DELETE]: delete artwork.
  • [INSERT]: toggle artwork.
Mouse Usage:
  • Click a metadata field to toggle it.
  • Right-click a track to toggle it.
  • Double-click a track to see the song in the iTunes Store.
  • Double-click artwork to tag selected songs with it.
  • Right-click artwork to open it.
  • Right-click the artwork dimensions to delete it.
  • Click play icon to play preview.
  • Right-click play icon to play local file.
  • Click or Right-click play icon to pause.
  • Double-click play icon to stop.

This script has been tested on MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511.

Download

Leave a comment!
Last edited by CarlitoGil on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:27 am, edited 20 times in total.
CarlitoGil

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.1b

Post by CarlitoGil »

Please report bugs here.
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid
rovingcowboy

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.1b

Post by rovingcowboy »

Looks like you picked a long needed item to fix and we get another great script. 8)
Thanks for the script i'm sure you will get tons of feedback on this one.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
JohanJooste

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.5b [MM4]

Post by JohanJooste »

CarlitoGil - tx for the script - I downloaded and attempted to install but get an error "ITunesMonkey was not installed". Please advise

Systemconfig - i7 M620, 4GB RAM Win 7 Pro 32
MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511 installed
iTunes 11.01.12 Installed

I have about 21000 songs imported from original CD's in WAV format in my iTunes library. I've tagged etc to my hearts extend but
cannot get the album artwork. That in the end is the only part I require before I am completely satisfied. Please advise if
you have any solution for me instead of starting the complete process again ?

Thank you :)
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

JohanJooste wrote:Please advise
First try opening MediaMonkey as an Administrator and then open the install package.
Just right click the MM icon and choose Run as administrator.

My script will get you the good 600x600 pixel artwork from the iTunes Store (by the way, this script doesn't use the actual iTunes software, just their store's database)
MM doesn't make it too easy to apply the artwork by clicking "Auto-tag" so just click the circle on the top left corner when you see all the artwork that you want.

Please try to install, and try to tag a couple of songs and tell me how it went.
JohanJooste

Post by JohanJooste »

Great script and I must admit rookie error on opening the MM app as administrator :lol: . I see the artwork and select the option to tag all checked songs but the artwork is not downloaded/tagged - maybe I'm missing something. If I use the standard tag from web selecting amazon it prompts me to safe the file as I've done previously.

It would be great if there was a solution to run a search for all missing artwork adding as going along instead of selecting each an every album.

Your thoughts on this :P
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

This is what happens:
Auto-tag from web is made to tag one album at the time.
My script can work that way, but its strength is in tagging each track individually, but MM is not built that way.
So, I can't tell MM to tag every track with different artwork when you press "Auto-Tag" (there is not event to tell my script when you press it).
To tag artwork, you can do it for all tracks at once, independently of other tags (by pressing the round icon on the top left), or album by album by double clicking the artwork.

Can you tell me if Tools > Options > Library > Tags & Playlist > Update tags when editing properties is checked?
Last edited by CarlitoGil on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohanJooste

Post by JohanJooste »

Yes - Tools > Options > Library > Tags & Playlist > Update tags when editing properties is checked

I have another issue - hopefully you can assist. I managed to sync my iTunes library but for some reason the
tracklenght of some albums are displayed as 0.00. When I play it from MM it plays fine but when I sync it to
the iPod it doesnt play and skips all... confusing. Its tough learnign a new app after I got Itunes under the belt :P
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

JohanJooste wrote:hopefully you can assist.
I don't know.
Albums display 0:00 in iTunes, right?
MM is made to read many types of files and MM takes into consideration many quirks, iTunes doesn't.
I would need more details to try and help you with that, but you should open a new thread in the forum first.
JohanJooste

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.6b [MM4]

Post by JohanJooste »

Thanks for the assist, I started an new thread
CarlitoGil

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.10b + Acoustid

Post by CarlitoGil »

Uploaded v0.10b

This version shouldn't need administrator privileges to install.
Added Acoustid for fingerprinting the audio to get better results, but can also be use as a stand-alone web tagger.
Please test and report any bug or suggestions or unexpected behaviour.
theta_wave

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.10b + Acoustid

Post by theta_wave »

CarlitoGil wrote:Uploaded v0.10b

This version shouldn't need administrator privileges to install.
Added Acoustid for fingerprinting the audio to get better results, but can also be use as a stand-alone web tagger.
Please test and report any bug or suggestions or unexpected behaviour.
You are right. It first asked you to install as administrator, but if one clicks "cancel" the installer then uses the user's directory (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts).
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
benwa73

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.12b + Acoustid

Post by benwa73 »

I get an error, vbscript runtime error, line 1857 column 5 "file not found" in iTunesMonkeyMatchAcoustidSearch.vbs
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

benwa73 wrote:I get an error, vbscript runtime error, line 1857 column 5 "file not found" in iTunesMonkeyMatchAcoustidSearch.vbs
That's weird.
Does it happens on every song or just one? Could you send me one of those?
benwa73

Post by benwa73 »

it looks like it happens on every song, when I select "auto-tag from web"