StartupNode: Automaticly open a node when MediaMonkey starts

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello

Probably the saved settings for StartupNode are incorrect, and maybe for that it goes in an infinite loop or something. I'm not sure at all.

Please take a look at your MediaMonkey.ini configuration file (normally placed under your "My Documents\My Music\MediaMonkey" folder).

The settings for StartupNode should be something like:

Code: Select all

[StartupNode]
StartupNode=StartupNode§$§$§Bibliotheek§$§$§Genre§$§$§Album Rock
Enabled=True
Make sure that the part after "StartupNode§$§$§" for the StartupNode property is correct.

Because I can't load MediaMonkey properly with incorrect settings for StartupNode, unfortunately I seem to be unable to test this myself. The script says there is something wrong (that's what it should do), but then MediaMonkey suffers the "configuration reset" problem again and then all my settings are back to defaults (MediaMonkey.ini is overwritten by a default file).

If you have an English version, then

Code: Select all

StartupNode=StartupNode§$§$§Library
should work (it's the simplest StartupNode you can get).

Please let me know what that does for you.
Anyway, now I'm using a newer version (unreleased). If you want to try that, please say so, but I didn't release it yet because it depends partially on a feature for MM 2.5.2 that hasn't yet been implemented correctly. But the script works without having to use that feature.

Pre-post edit: It now seems with RC-2 that the script works as it should (if the settings are right so MM doesn't freak out, at least). If you want to test it, please PM me.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The new version that I made a while back works for MediaMonkey 2.5.2 RC-3 and can be tested if you want.

Put this file in MediaMonkey's "Scripts\Auto" folder:
[REMOVED: Nev version in the first post of this thread]

The code has been working for me, but I don't have the time to "optimise" or extensively test the code. When the script is OK, I will replace the posted script with this new one.

BTW: You don't need the StoreStartupAndFavouriteNodes script anymore. (I also updated the FavouriteNodes script, so if you have it, you can replace that one too, *if* you use RC-3 (otherwise, autosaving the last node won't be available)).

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

New version posted above.

For users upgrading from an old version, please read the comments in the first post.

Changes:
- Removed all dependencies
- Implemented new MM scripting functionality, so the script runs faster
MusicLover

Post by MusicLover »

Steegy
I tip my hat to brilliance- well done; it works like a charm. Thanks
Investor

Post by Investor »

Very, very useful.

Thank you, Steegy.
DuQ3r

Post by DuQ3r »

It's exactly what I was missing!

Thank you very much, Steegy!

Post by GUEST »

How do i install this?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello

You have to copy the code from the first post (StartupNode.vbs) to a new plain text file (e.g. using Notepad) and save it as StartupNode.vbs (extension has to be vbs). Make sure the file is placed under MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder. (complete path is usually C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto).

The script needs MediaMonkey version 2.5.2 or above.
MediaMonkey will have to be restarted if it was already open, to activate the script.

For more info (FAQ): http://faq.mediamonkey.com/index.php?ac ... artlang=en
(this script is an "Auto-script that doesn't have an installer")

Cheers
Steegy

Post by GUEST »

i did all that but nothing happened
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If you did all that, then the script should be active.

The next step you have to take is to set a certain node as the startup node (right-click a tree node and choose "Set as startup node").

Settings are available under the menu View > StartupNode submenu. These settings are
- Enable/Disable
- Automaticly set the last used node as startup node (to have the same node opened on startup as when you last closed MM)
- Show/Hide context menu item ("Set as startup node").

More info can be found in the first post (the post with the code).

Cheers
Steegy

Post by guest »

when i go to view theres nothing that says startupnode

Post by GUEST »

and theres nothing when i right click a node
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I made an installer that will install the script automaticly for you. It will alert you if your version of MediaMonkey is too old.

Steps:
- Download and run the installer.
- Follow the instructions and let it install the script.
- (Re)start MediaMonkey.

Please see the first post.

Cheers
Steegy

Post by Guest »

Steegy wrote:I made an installer that will install the script automaticly for you. It will alert you if your version of MediaMonkey is too old.

Steps:
- Download and run the installer.
- Follow the instructions and let it install the script.
- (Re)start MediaMonkey.

Please see the first post.

Cheers
Steegy
Works perfectly... thank you!
micro

Post by micro »

I have installed this plug-in using the installer, but it doesn't seem do work. There is no new option in the "view" menu. I have installed the norwegina language pack, does this matter?