Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

cryptus939

Re: Lyricator v1.5.1 (2020-03-22)

Post by cryptus939 »

I uninstalled, cleared out the directories and reinstalled and still the same problem I'm afraid. System is running Windows 10 Home 1909, build 18363.836.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Thanks for checking a different OS version. All other lyrics sites work for you so probably not a firewall issue?
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:08 pm Thanks for checking a different OS version. All other lyrics sites work for you so probably not a firewall issue?
It is not a firewall issue because I disbled the firewall while testing.

Because of your posting I tested the other sources one for one.
I did it with a song I was certain it would be recognized by all sources: Beatles - Yesterday
This is the way the artist is in my tags, just "Beatles".
The test showed that all other sources work.

But the test also showed that there is another problem that is not related to that Genius-problem.
Musixmatch and SongColeta only gave a result after changing the artist to "The Beatles" or "Beatles, The"
SeekALyric only gave a result with "Beatles, The".
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

cryptus939 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:03 pm I uninstalled, cleared out the directories and reinstalled and still the same problem I'm afraid. System is running Windows 10 Home 1909, build 18363.836.
Ok. I am on the same build of Home. Have you installed the new Edge or do you have the old Edge installed still? I have Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:11 pm Have you installed the new Edge or do you have the old Edge installed still? I have Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0.
I still have the old one and the same version as you, because I did not update manually.
Edge is not my standard browser. I use chrome.
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

Good News:
Genius works again.
Bad News:
I don't know exactly why.
Problem:
It does not work reliable.

I made some tests and changed some parameters. So I switched the standard browser to edge and back to chrome, deleted cookies ...
Always after changing 1 of these parameters I tested Genius each time. The problem was, that I tested it with "Beatles - Yesterday" and because before Genius was not working at all, I had not noticed that Genius also needs "The Beatles" as artist to find the song.
So I don't know which change or whether a change at all made it work again.

So I made some more tests and choose the Album: "Queen - Queen II". This album is listed on Genius and the lyrics of all songs are available. The writing of the tracks are the same as in my tags.
These songs gave no results:
Father to Son
Never More
Funny How Love Is
Seven Seas of Rhye

The others of the album did.

And to make the unpredictable behaviour of the Genius-source complete:
Before taken the album "Queen II" I tested with another album not really systematic. There the song "Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody" did not work. After some time I tested it again and the song worked. After a restart and some time again it did not work.
So now I tested (about 1 hour later) the above mentioned songs again and "Funny How Love IS" and "Never More" worked this time.

In the past I already wrote here that I often find lyrics at Genius manually with my browser that Lyricator did not find.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:13 am Good News:
Genius works again.
Bad News:
I don't know exactly why.
Problem:
It does not work reliable.

I made some tests and changed some parameters. So I switched the standard browser to edge and back to chrome, deleted cookies ...
Always after changing 1 of these parameters I tested Genius each time. The problem was, that I tested it with "Beatles - Yesterday" and because before Genius was not working at all, I had not noticed that Genius also needs "The Beatles" as artist to find the song.
So I don't know which change or whether a change at all made it work again.

So I made some more tests and choose the Album: "Queen - Queen II". This album is listed on Genius and the lyrics of all songs are available. The writing of the tracks are the same as in my tags.
These songs gave no results:
Father to Son
Never More
Funny How Love Is
Seven Seas of Rhye

The others of the album did.

And to make the unpredictable behaviour of the Genius-source complete:
Before taken the album "Queen II" I tested with another album not really systematic. There the song "Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody" did not work. After some time I tested it again and the song worked. After a restart and some time again it did not work.
So now I tested (about 1 hour later) the above mentioned songs again and "Funny How Love IS" and "Never More" worked this time.

In the past I already wrote here that I often find lyrics at Genius manually with my browser that Lyricator did not find.
Thanks for the update. The reason I ask about Edge is because Lyricator is written in both Visual Basic and Javascript and uses Edge as the browser when launching the lyrics search window. As far as the inconsistency of success with Genius, it could be some throttling or IP blocking that has happened in the past with other lyrics sites. They sometimes have some mechanism that they use to determine if the lookup is robot based or an actual user on a browser. I'm not sure what the mechanism is but some of them are based on how many lookups per minute come from an IP address. There are waits built into Lyricator that keep it from bombarding a site with searches and thus getting throttled by the lyrics sites, and maybe Genius needs to be increased. It is currently set to a 1 second delay between requests.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am I'm not sure what the mechanism is but some of them are based on how many lookups per minute come from an IP address.
The problem of inconsitensy cannot be related to that because I Looked up single songs and tested the songs one after the other. There were always about a minute pause between the lookups. And it happened that the one song did not work, the next ones worked and after a while one in the row did not work.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

Have been using this extension quite a bit lately - kudos to the developer.

As a suggestion (assuming you're open to feature requests), would be great to have a 'batch' mode where the script auto-accepts lyrics at some threshold (possibly user-defined) without requiring the user to interact with the window and accept/reject lyrics. I'm tagging thousands of tracks and would much prefer to have some tracks skipped where the extension is less certain of a match than to have a bunch of tracks that require my manual review before they're tagged.

Thanks for the great work on the extension!
gibbon

Problems with Musixmatch

Post by gibbon »

I am experiencing problems with the Musixmatch-Source.

I made some tests with this album that is listed on Musixmatchg but isn't found with Lyricator:
https://www.musixmatch.com/album/Courtn ... -Your-Side

The artists tag is: Courtney Hartman & Taylor Ashton.
As you can see Musixmatch uses "Courtney-Hartman-Taylor-Ashton" in the URL listed above.

So I tested some changes in the Artist tag and one change worked:
Courtney Hartman Taylor Ashton

The created search-string of the Lyricator for Musixmatch is apparently wrong if a "&" is in the artist tag. A solution seems to be to simply drop the "&" in the search string.
The variations that Lyricator creates during the search (i.e. dropping everything after &) don't work.

So I suggest to add an additional search-variation where the "&" is simply dropped.
Theophilus Thistle

Lyricator not finding any lyrics

Post by Theophilus Thistle »

This add-on seemed to be working last week. Now, MM says it is searching for the lyrics but it never finds any. I have tried every lyrics source. Can anyone help with this? I am on a PC.
jaygould

Post by jaygould »

In MMW 4.1.29.1910 the Lyricator-windows looks like this for me all the time - somehow I can't post an image or include an images from a free image hoster, but it's all white, in the upper left corner there a small "X"-icon, below that something that looks like an unchecked checkbox, next line: "0", next line "<band>", next line "<album>". That's it.

Anybody knows how to fix this? Using the latest versino of Edge (Version 84.0.522.52), is there some setting I'm missing? Or do I need to make some change to the Windows firewall (using Windows 10)?

Kind regards
Tippon

Re: Lyricator v1.1.3 (2014-01-18)

Post by Tippon »

LyricWikia often lists some lyrics but goes on to say "Unfortunately, we are not licensed to display the full lyrics for this song at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to in the future. Until then, how about a random page?". I'd like to be able to use them as a last resort.
I'm getting this error fairly regularly at the moment, even if I disable all sources except one as a test. I've tried a few of the options. I'm also getting the same error as jaygould above.
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

Source Elyrics:

At the moment I get crap from Elyrics. In the middle of the lyrics the reading stops and crap is inserted.

Example:
Artist: Magnolia Electric Co.
Title: Kanawha

Result:
Wolf and the moon above it all
One to watch one to understand
And in the dark they circle the dark
With the dark again

And all at once they come for you [2x]

Wolf and the moon above it all
<ins class="adsbygoogle" style="width: 300px; height: 250px; display: inline-block;" data-ad-slot="1869312781" data-ad-client="ca-pub-4801415104534511">
<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});<
script>

Lyrics provided by: ELyrics.com</script></ins>
After "Wolf and the moon above it all" before the stuff there are 4 lines of additional lyrics text missing.
dsmall@comporium.net

Post by dsmall@comporium.net »

I keep getting the following screen when I right click a file and run Lyricator. Occasionally I get the real search presentation. Any thoughts?

K.C & The Sunshine Band

Wrap Your Arms Around Me

It is a totally unformatted screen and there is a box where a missing image exists. I tried to paste a copy of the screen but could not.