Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by Peke »

MaximusPrime wrote:Is it possible to update this add on that songs under 30 sec can be scrobbled too? I've got so many albums that aren't scrobbled completely because of skits.
No unfortunately, Last.fm ignore tracks <30 sec and they asked us to put that limitation.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Hi,
speaking of tracks < 30s, there is an issue I've been having since the change of the last.fm website. Essentially, the MM Scrobbler (tried it with all the versions) [I'm using licensed MM 4, initially on win 8, now I upgraded to win 10] doesn't seem to be scrobbling tracks longer than 1 hour.
Noticed there's a similar issue with some other scrobblers (https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topi ... ver-1-hour) and my wild guess would be that there was some change on the website that doesn't seem to accept the way how the track length as submitted is coded.
Just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this with the MM scrobbler, or if this is a thing to be fixed. Cheers.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just tested with one of the DJ mixes length 1h 18m 56s and it shows Scrobbling now so it would be scrobbled eventually.

Is it possible that some of teh fields are incorrect or Blacklisted like "Various Artist"?
Best regards,
Peke
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Just tested with one of the DJ mixes length 1h 18m 56s and it shows Scrobbling now so it would be scrobbled eventually.

Is it possible that some of teh fields are incorrect or Blacklisted like "Various Artist"?
Hi,
I'm pretty sure it's not the case, as it happened with properly tagged tracks (about 6 or 7 different ones) that used to scrobble just fine, the way they were before last August. I keep seeing "submit OK" in the log file, but the tracks never show on the website.
My idea (of a complete layperson) would be that there might have been a change on the website so that it responds only to submitted tracks that have their length coded in either hours and minutes format, or in minutes format only, i.e. if track length is 74 minutes, and the scrobbler submits it in format "1h 14m", the website doesn't respond as its set to accept the length in format "74m" (or reverse).

At least I would be interested if the track you scrobbled showed up on the website.
Cheers.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We will see in an about an hour I deleted last night mix from list. When you start Playback do you see update on your page Scrobbling now info?

FYI MMW Scrobbler uses this format as designed by API:

Code: Select all

i[0]=<time>
    The time the track started playing, in UNIX timestamp format (integer number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1st 1970 UTC). This must be in the UTC time zone, and is required.
l[0]=<secs>
    The length of the track in seconds. Required when the source is P, optional otherwise.
Best regards,
Peke
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Hi and thanks for keeping up with this.
As of your question, just put a 1hr+ track into the playlist. Seemed just fine. Image

(Log says nowplaying detected / session ID / nowplaying (song title) / nowplaying accessing site / nowplaying ok)
Then says submit OK, but track doesn't show up.
Peke wrote:Hi,
We will see in an about an hour I deleted last night mix from list. When you start Playback do you see update on your page Scrobbling now info?

FYI MMW Scrobbler uses this format as designed by API:

Code: Select all

i[0]=<time>
    The time the track started playing, in UNIX timestamp format (integer number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1st 1970 UTC). This must be in the UTC time zone, and is required.
l[0]=<secs>
    The length of the track in seconds. Required when the source is P, optional otherwise.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Looks like you are right, something is not OK.
I just checked last night track was 58m 47sec :(

I played http://www.last.fm/music/Stars+On+45/_/70'S+Megamix and it didn't scrobble :(
Additionally I checked internal hashes and API packet responses which showed no abnormalities Last.fm accepted track scrobble but it didn't added it to my scrobbling history.
One of confirming facts is that Now playing/scrobbling is shown correctly which shows that plugin is sending correct data.
Best regards,
Peke
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Peke wrote:Looks like you are right, something is not OK.

I played http://www.last.fm/music/Stars+On+45/_/70'S+Megamix and it didn't scrobble :(
Additionally I checked internal hashes and API packet responses which showed no abnormalities Last.fm accepted track scrobble but it didn't added it to my scrobbling history.
One of confirming facts is that Now playing/scrobbling is shown correctly which shows that plugin is sending correct data.
The link I posted above seems to indicate there are scrobblers that seem to work correctly. Perhaps the mission is to find a scrobbler that works and check if there's anything different between that and the code sent by the MM scrobbler...
In any case, I think I could live without this, just felt it might be worth your attention. Cheers and thanks for the reply!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I do not think that that is a case I scrobbeled Theo Kamann MIXes over the years with MMW plugin without problems See http://www.last.fm/user/PekeMM/library/ ... heo+Kamann (http://www.last.fm/music/Theo+Kamann) and code have not changed over the years. What last.fm support say about this?

Have you tried to Scrobble same track when listening from MMA on android or any other app that support scrobbling (except official one)?

EDIT: Looks like MMW is not only one affected https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topi ... ger-tracks
Best regards,
Peke
bremble

Last.FM Scrobbler

Post by bremble »

Hi,

Long-time subscriber. Wondering about the Last.FM Scrobbler - it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I have updated to the latest version of MediaMonkey, but the scrobbler hasn't worked for me in awhile. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that hasn't helped. Does anyone else have that problem, and can anyone help me get it to work?
sblast2213132

Post by sblast2213132 »

I have the same issue. It just chaches them but won't scrommble . Just lost 400 chachsed songs :(
Please help anyone?
rasmith1959

Re: Last.FM Scrobbler

Post by rasmith1959 »

bremble wrote:Hi,

Long-time subscriber. Wondering about the Last.FM Scrobbler - it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I have updated to the latest version of MediaMonkey, but the scrobbler hasn't worked for me in awhile. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that hasn't helped. Does anyone else have that problem, and can anyone help me get it to work?
Sorry can't help you figure this out, just wanted to say that you're not alone as I'm having the same problem as well. So obviously this isn't an isolated event or so it seems...
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Peke wrote:Looks like you are right, something is not OK.

Well, after browsing some of the last.fm forums, somebody suggested that scrobblers using the v1 API might have troubles with this. I have little clue with what exactly is this, so I just wonder which version are you using. Probably an irrelevant question, but if this is not the case, I'd at least have a contribution to that forum.
bremble

Post by bremble »

I can't scrobble now - have the latest version of MM right now - MediaMonkey 4.1.14.1805 beta
Peke

Post by Peke »

If you check my profile in signature you will see it scrobble.
Best regards,
Peke